Civilization 3

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:28 am
Reduce either the entertainment budget or the science budget. You shouldn't be losing gold as long as you are leading in science and selling them to other civs.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 05:53 pm
Alright, sounds good.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 06:05 pm
Have a look at this page for a lot of tutorials (haven't read 'em).

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3academy.shtml

You know, you can edit the ccivs and all the settings. You should try modding the game and playing it.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 06:11 pm
Is there any way I can start with tons of tanks, and awesome artillery units?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 06:17 pm
Nah, you can only start with a few things, but you can make a tak only available to you and make it available since the beginning and for a cheap price.

But that'd be no fun. Might as well use the cheats.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 06:18 pm
Well I was planning to learn how to play, and get the basics down doing that, and when I felt ready.....I'd play fair. That is what I did with Age Of Kings, and it worked well.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 06:20 pm
Wanna try my mod? I'll email it to you. It makes the other civs not be able to create great wonders, weights the advantages toward first world nations, and makes the USA have a bunch of advantages.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:01 pm
Sure, thanks, I'll try it, but I'm usually the Greeks.....will it make that much of a difference?
0 Replies

RLLD

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 02:44 pm
I am a HUGE Sid Meier fan, and have been for many years. Civ III is a big step forward.
It is no longer advisable to fight your way out of a problem, instead this game seems to want you to use diplomacy more. The military approach is so different in III.
A major facet of the game is resources, so yeah-you need to develop settlers up front as much as possible and settle quickly, locking in your land.
You also need to accentuate military right up front. Build walls as soon as you can, and barracks too. Keep a steady stream of military units in production.
Don't build up too fast without getting some marketplaces built early on or you will go broke.
Also, if you want to make it easier to keep your peeps happy, go to your main city, contact the govenor and have him manage the moods of all people in all cities.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 12:29 am
Thanks, but I don't play that game anymore.
0 Replies