Anderson Coopers keeping them Honest

mlurp

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 12:31 am
I just watched part of the show about the power grid and what ease it is to shut it down. For 5 years those interviewed have tried to get Bush, to spend more on cyber protection. And our boarders are not the only thing Bush has left open.
The shut down of one third of the grid in America will destroy our economy and cause people to leave the cities. Possible Marshall law.

I tried to get the shows data link but it isn't posted yet. Just till the 25th. So later today it will be there.
On the left hand side, click the: "Read transcripts of the shows"

Show Pages - Anderson Cooper - CNN.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,832 • Replies: 23
No top replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 01:45 am
@mlurp,
The grid seems to be a real problem and in 2004 the government commissioned a study from Penn State about the vulnerability of the Electric Power Grid . Turns out that if as few as 2% of the substations are out of service the entire grid could go down and it can be computer hacked and caused to fail. That was in 2004 , and not much has been done since . So much for homeland security.

ScienceDaily: Help Page science daily is a excellent site with articles for the do it your selfer who is interested in making their own power sources. The link will not go directly to the Penn State report. Just punch in Penn State Power Grid report in the search engine on the site and it will take you there. Scroll down to the Article " Vulnerability of US Power Grid Indentified"
0 Replies

AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:43 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;39298 wrote:
I just watched part of the show about the power grid and what ease it is to shut it down. For 5 years those interviewed have tried to get Bush, to spend more on cyber protection. And our boarders are not the only thing Bush has left open.
The shut down of one third of the grid in America will destroy our economy and cause people to leave the cities. Possible Marshall law.

I tried to get the shows data link but it isn't posted yet. Just till the 25th. So later today it will be there.
On the left hand side, click the: "Read transcripts of the shows"

Show Pages - Anderson Cooper - CNN.com
Don't you just the way all these news companies tell us and every body else, what is protect and what isn't protected..hell if I was an terrorist I could shut down 3/4 of this country...we need to realize that there are somethings we just don't need to know...
mlurp

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 10:06 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
Anderson, asked the very same question of the woman doing the story. Seems a lot of it is on the great WWW. No they didn't reveal certain things when asked not to. The government did a study this past March, and the system failed. What if anything that first bothers me is that was 6 months ago! And I hear about it now. Plus like wvpeach says this goes back 4-6 years. And not one dollar by any electric company has gone back into the infrastructure to protect it. No more goes to the INTERNET to make running the grid easier and cheaper. Big Business Model 101.... So what in 5 minutes America is in the stone age. We have our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

And what jerks my tail is the fact it still isn't on the link.. I shall look else wheres and report back.
I am not postingthe stories as this would make my post go on a long ways.

TomPaine.com - The Electric Grid Slide

What's wrong with the electric grid? - The Industrial Physicist map included.

http://www.enernex.com/staff/docs/p&ec-scadasecurity.pdf

Space Weather: Electric Power Grids

GRID FAILURE PREDICTED
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 01:44 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
Only a idiot would not understand that taking out a few transformer stations would reak havoc on communities for awhile. What is surprising is just how much havoc would come about from taking out a few sub stations. What is surprising is just how long we would be in the dark.

This is not top secret info that the terrorists are glad to have us tell them about. They already know. In London they arrested doctors, scientists and engineers recently all part of a hezabalah cell or so they said.

I shudder to think of what a doctor, scientist and engineer could think up to do if they were really pissed.

AMERICAFIRST;39319 wrote:
Don't you just the way all these news companies tell us and every body else, what is protect and what isn't protected..hell if I was an terrorist I could shut down 3/4 of this country...we need to realize that there are somethings we just don't need to know...
wvpeach

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 01:46 pm
@wvpeach,
And with all the things that could have been easy targets for terrorists over the last few years . Things that would have done serious damage to our economy. One has to wonder why we have not been hit.

I never believed 911 was a inside job , but the longer we go the more I think maybe it was. I just wonder who is really pulling all these terrorists strings.
briansol

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 04:26 pm
@mlurp,
the power grid is bad here in CT too.

they just passed some law that let them up generation rates to put money into re-lining the whole state or something. upped my power bill about $20/month.

$20 X 3409549 population (2000 census) /3 (average household size)

thats 22.7 MILLION a month extra revenue.

crazy

it better hold up after this
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 07:04 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39368 wrote:
Only a idiot would not understand that taking out a few transformer stations would reak havoc on communities for awhile. What is surprising is just how much havoc would come about from taking out a few sub stations. What is surprising is just how long we would be in the dark.

This is not top secret info that the terrorists are glad to have us tell them about. They already know. In London they arrested doctors, scientists and engineers recently all part of a hezabalah cell or so they said.

I shudder to think of what a doctor, scientist and engineer could think up to do if they were really pissed.
First of all who are you calling a idiot i would assume me since your using my quote, but my statement was " the news is tell everybody including the terrorist what and how to attack something..and thats all.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 07:06 pm
@briansol,
briansol;39382 wrote:

they just passed some law that let them up generation rates to put money into re-lining the whole state or something. upped my power bill about $20/month.

crazy

It's all about the money..
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 07:44 pm
@briansol,
briansol;39382 wrote:

crazy

In every state it is the same. And the grid is more and more being INTERNET friendly for the sake of the almighty $ so even more ease of attack. Plus no money being put back into the system to protect and improve or supply the growth.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 04:28 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
No I was not calling you a idiot. I was saying that anybody with even a 70 IQ could look at a sub station and know take it out and the electric goes out.

Cars run into them all the time and take them out by accident. These guys might not care if they get killed driving a mack truck through the thing.

Its a no brainer. Thats why they put 12 foot heavy gage wire fences around them to keep kids out . They are easy targets, it doesn't take much to put them out . Ice storms do it all the time.

AMERICAFIRST;39406 wrote:
First of all who are you calling a idiot i would assume me since your using my quote, but my statement was " the news is tell everybody including the terrorist what and how to attack something..and thats all.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:02 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39504 wrote:
No I was not calling you a idiot. I was saying that anybody with even a 70 IQ could look at a sub station and know take it out and the electric goes out.

Cars run into them all the time and take them out by accident. These guys might not care if they get killed driving a mack truck through the thing.

Its a no brainer. Thats why they put 12 foot heavy gage wire fences around them to keep kids out . They are easy targets, it doesn't take much to put them out . Ice storms do it all the time.
well i guess we shouldn't wory about terrorist taking them out,, they can't take enough of them out to cause any Great damage to this country, just a few towns or cities..
wvpeach

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:30 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
The grid is inter connected like a bunch of tinker toys stacked up to make a structure. Pull a few of them out and the whole thing comes crashing down.

Yes interruption of the grid is a very real worry and would bring the economy to its knees if it went on for more than a couple of weeks.

AMERICAFIRST;39512 wrote:
well i guess we shouldn't wory about terrorist taking them out,, they can't take enough of them out to cause any Great damage to this country, just a few towns or cities..
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 07:59 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39522 wrote:
The grid is inter connected like a bunch of tinker toys stacked up to make a structure. Pull a few of them out and the whole thing comes crashing down.

Yes interruption of the grid is a very real worry and would bring the economy to its knees if it went on for more than a couple of weeks.
Not down here..hell we loss power in the whole state dur to some big stroms and stay without power for a weeks and we snap right back, don't know that much about the east coast, since I am on the gulf coast...
mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 05:28 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39369 wrote:
And with all the things that could have been easy targets for terrorists over the last few years . Things that would have done serious damage to our economy. One has to wonder why we have not been hit.

I never believed 911 was a inside job , but the longer we go the more I think maybe it was. I just wonder who is really pulling all these terrorists strings.

The Machiavellians like Bush want it this way so when it does happen they can declare Marshall law and he writes history and we do as told..
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 05:32 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39557 wrote:
Not down here..hell we loss power in the whole state dur to some big stroms and stay without power for a weeks and we snap right back, don't know that much about the east coast, since I am on the gulf coast...

Just what I said no money is put back into the system. It is profit and spending on parties and elections. Not one electric company has spent a dollar to improve or protect their business. same with the oil companies and other Big Business. Now that is a small part of a bigger picture. can't you see the Big Picture? And I am speaking to whom ever reads this post, not just AMERICANFIRST.
wvpeach

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 07:04 am
@mlurp,
I've been warning about the big picture for several years now. I hope that Indiana place you bought is remote and able to sustain your family .

mlurp;39631 wrote:
Just what I said no money is put back into the system. It is profit and spending on parties and elections. Not one electric company has spent a dollar to improve or protect their business. same with the oil companies and other Big Business. Now that is a small part of a bigger picture. can't you see the Big Picture? And I am speaking to whom ever reads this post, not just AMERICANFIRST.
mlurp

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 06:33 pm
@wvpeach,
So AMERICAFIRST, your post before boasting, Quote: Don't you just the way all these news companies tell us and every body else, what is protect and what isn't protected..hell if I was an terrorist I could shut down 3/4 of this country...we need to realize that there are somethings we just don't need to know...End Quote isn't true. 3/4 when all it would take to turn America, back to the stone age is 1/3 of the grid. And the failed test last March they lost the entire grid.
You have a few thoughts for our northern members when it gets clod? heck I have seen 13 stright day here in KS. (winter of 89-90) where it was double digits below and no sun. You going to send me your wood pile?

And there are some things we knowing more of. Bury your head in the sand but don't think I will join ya, nope sorry friend.
wvpeach

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 10:50 am
@mlurp,
I lost power in a ice storm of 2004 for 19 days back in Ohio . It pretty much shut everything down for a week. generators got some things up and running the next week. But everybody migrated to the surrounding area and stayed in motels.

Country girls can survive. But I sure missed my c-span so much so that I tried to rent a motel room for a weekend after about ten days with no satellite. Nothing doing you could not get a room for 5 counties around. I did bunk in with a friend one night at her motel just to get a shower without heating water and bored her to death with my c-span addiction. I don't think she was sorry to see me go the next day. She was glad to have her TV back to herself.
mlurp

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 11:17 am
@briansol,
briansol;39382 wrote:

crazy it better hold up after this
It is a Hold Up.... Very Happy

Now keep up on what and how much of that is spent on refurbishing the infrastructure and protecting it. And how long it takes as the $$$$ earn intrest.
0 Replies