Christian Morality

Campbell34

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:30 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;32961 wrote:
Shouldn't Judas be revered in Christian circles. AFter a he turned in Jesus to the Romans which resulted in the events leading to the cruciFICTION, the same event that gave birth to Christianity.

I didn't comprehend your answer to my question about my salvation though.

Has my salvation been revoked?

Evil should never be revered. For it is God that brought about the good, not Judas. Some might say if Hitler had killed all the Jewish people we never would of had a problem with Israel today. Had Hitler acomplished his goal should he of been revered? I think not.

I donot believe you ever had salvation. I think you may of had a religious experience, and maybe you went to church a lot. Yet Jesus tells us my sheep hear my voice and they follow me. A true Christian may fall down, but then gets up and continues to follow. I told my wife 30 years ago that I loved her. Now we may fight from time to time, but we are still together because I love her. It;s like that with me and God. Only when I fight with Him He's always right. Where that is not always the case with my wife. lol
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:03 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;33215 wrote:
Evil should never be revered. For it is God that brought about the good, not Judas. Some might say if Hitler had killed all the Jewish people we never would of had a problem with Israel today. Had Hitler acomplished his goal should he of been revered? I think not.

Guess what? You're the only person that I have ever heard, in my life (and I'm 54 yrs. old), say "that". No one says if Hitler had killed all the Jews that there wouldn't be a problem with Israel today. You are disturbed, to say the least.

I do not believe you ever had salvation. I think you may of had a religious experience, and maybe you went to church a lot.
Just where do you get off, passing judgement, like that? Whatever you may think, it is only your opinion, and not fact. I'm sure, you're hardly one to talk.

Yet Jesus tells us my sheep hear my voice and they follow me.

A true Christian may fall down, but then gets up and continues to follow. I told my wife 30 years ago that I loved her. Now we may fight from time to time, but we are still together because I love her. It;s like that with me and God. Only when I fight with Him He's always right. Where that is not always the case with my wife. lol

You'd have to be a true Christian, to know what one does. You can call yourself one, all day long....doesn't mean that it's true.
You think way too highly of yourself...you are hardly one who could fight with God....you may war within yourself, with yourself, but you are not fighting God...God has way more important things to do than to be in battle with the likes of you. Your wife should hit you over your head with something...better yet, she should just leave you to do for yourself...you'd cry like a baby, I'm so sure.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:59 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33216 wrote:
You'd have to be a true Christian, to know what one does. You can call yourself one, all day long....doesn't mean that it's true.
You think way too highly of yourself...you are hardly one who could fight with God....you may war within yourself, with yourself, but you are not fighting God...God has way more important things to do than to be in battle with the likes of you. Your wife should hit you over your head with something...better yet, she should just leave you to do for yourself...you'd cry like a baby, I'm so sure.

First of all there are people who have said as much to me about Hitlers intentions and the Jews. They are called skin heads. I donot support them, yet they do revere Hitler. Sorry if you don't like that, but that's the truth.
And when someone tells me they were a Christian, and now they make fun of Christ, I have know problem agreeing with what Jesus Christ states about such. Jesus said, whosoever love's Him will follow Him. He did not say whosoever love's Him will make fun of Him, and His people. If you have a problem with that statement, then take it up with Christ. Please, don't get upset with me, because I agree with Him. And believe me, God often has to arm twist those who believe in Him. And if you don't believe that, maybe you should read the story of Jona and the whale.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:28 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33213 wrote:
Hush truth! You'll find many religious fanatics up in here...screaming about war on terrorism, and killing folk before they can kill us...just raving lunatics...and they think themselves completely different and "justified" from Islamic jihadists. It's just baffling . "It ain't necessarily so, everything you read in the Bible".

Well war is not a desirable solution, yet one has to wonder how long do you watch a man load a gun who has already stated he's going to kill you. When Islamics blew up two American embasies, America did very little. When Islamics blew up Cole and killed 17 American sailors, America did very little. When Islamics blew up the Twin Towers killing 3.000 Americans. America finally responded. So do we now wait until the Islamics secure nukes and slip one, or two, or three, into an America city before we respond next time?
How many Americans need to die first before we respond?
FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:56 am
@FedUpAmerican,
I agree with aaronssongs in respect to campbell judging my salvation but I did ask for campbells opinion on the matter and he did respond, so I don't really think I could fault him for that.

Now about campbells last statement about American response to Islamic attacks I must say that if we were to respond correctly, Iraq would never have been attacked, since they had NOTHING to do with ANY of the events that Campbell cited. The majority of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi's. Why did we not attack UAE???
wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:10 am
@Campbell34,
How many of our brothers and sisters in Iraq need to die campbell , before we realize we are killing innocents. Should we use the last figure Pres. Bush gave. 50,000, or the one the humanitarian organizations are giving 600,000 plus? is 50,000 enough of a eye for a eye ?

Tell it to Jesus at judgement, quarantee that story will not go well.

Muslims pray to the same God we do, people seem to forget that.

Please show me one place in the new testament where Jesus okayed retaliation, revenge, or war? Maybe then we can have a decent conversation about what Jesus would do about terroism .

Campbell34;33227 wrote:
Well war is not a desirable solution, yet one has to wonder how long do you watch a man load a gun who has already stated he's going to kill you. When Islamics blew up two American embasies, America did very little. When Islamics blew up Cole and killed 17 American sailors, America did very little. When Islamics blew up the Twin Towers killing 3.000 Americans. America finally responded. So do we now wait until the Islamics secure nukes and slip one, or two, or three, into an America city before we respond next time?
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:18 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;33227 wrote:

You don't respond by lying about the reason to go to war with a country that was essentially contained, by fudging the data, and then change the reasons for staying involved, as it suits you. You don't take your eyes off the prize (bin Laden in Tora Bora), while skimping on your troop strength in the theater of operation. You don't let irresponsible and incompetent personnel allow Abu Gharib to occur, further damaging your image, in the eyes of the world.
You don't announce to the world that you're unwilling to talk to "the enemy", unless they meet your demands, further distancing any possibilities for negotiation and common ground. You don't make matters worse than they were. When it's obvious, you're not making any headway, you don't continue doing the exact same thing the exact same way, and expecting the results to be different. You don' t let go of common sense. Shall I go on?
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:25 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33242 wrote:
How many of our brothers and sisters in Iraq need to die campbell , before we realize we are killing innocents. Should we use the last figure Pres. Bush gave. 50,000, or the one the humanitarian organizations are giving 600,000 plus? is 50,000 enough of a eye for a eye ?

Please show me one place in the new testament where Jesus okayed retaliation, revenge, or war? Maybe then we can have a decent conversation about what Jesus would do about terroism .

Can't you hear it now...on Judgement Day, Jesus will ask, "why did you do what you did"....and the response will be , "Well, Jesus, I thought....." And Jesus might respond, "Who told you to think"? What would be the response to that? Would it be said, "It says here in the Bible....." I can see Jesus "rolling his eyes"...really I can.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:42 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Much like I'm rolling mine now.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:44 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;33222 wrote:
First of all there are people who have said as much to me about Hitlers intentions and the Jews. They are called skin heads. I donot support them, yet they do revere Hitler. Sorry if you don't like that, but that's the truth.
And when someone tells me they were a Christian, and now they make fun of Christ, I have know problem agreeing with what Jesus Christ states about such. Jesus said, whosoever love's Him will follow Him. He did not say whosoever love's Him will make fun of Him, and His people. If you have a problem with that statement, then take it up with Christ. Please, don't get upset with me, because I agree with Him. And believe me, God often has to arm twist those who believe in Him. And if you don't believe that, maybe you should read the story of Jona and the whale.

If someone jumps off a cliff, would you follow them? "People' say a lot of "stuff"...doesn't mean you need to reiterate it. Skin heads can hardly be a source of reliability or wisdom. Yet, here you are using their philosophy as a basis for your argument.
And so what someone once was a Christian, and through "his journey", changed his way of thinking? Why would you have a problem? Who are you?
Last time I checked, this was a free society, and folks can say anything they like...it's guaranteed to them as a right of free speech.
Who died and made you Jesus' deputy on Earth? Jesus?????? Did you get your marching orders directly from his mouth to your ear?
I have read Jonah (with an "h", you being a bible scholar and all!) and the whale....and I am able to recognize that, more than likely, the story was a "parable", rather than fact. Reading the Bible requires that you use common sense rather than taking every period and comma for granted. Excuse me.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:49 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33239 wrote:
I agree with aaronssongs in respect to campbell judging my salvation but I did ask for campbells opinion on the matter and he did respond, so I don't really think I could fault him for that.

Now about campbells last statement about American response to Islamic attacks I must say that if we were to respond correctly, Iraq would never have been attacked, since they had NOTHING to do with ANY of the events that Campbell cited. The majority of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi's. Why did we not attack UAE???

You already know the answer....Bush is in bed with the Saudi royal family...so if he is "done", without lube, he pretends everything is fine....because he values money, and power more than he does integrity and being an American.
Didn't he send members of the Saudi Royal family, who actually were relatives of bin Laden, home on a private jet, the day of 9/11??? Duh!
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:20 am
@aaronssongs,
Please aaron , do go on, I am enjoying your excellent post!:peace: :headbang: :headbang:

aaronssongs;33245 wrote:
You don't respond by lying about the reason to go to war with a country that was essentially contained, by fudging the data, and then change the reasons for staying involved, as it suits you. You don't take your eyes off the prize (bin Laden in Tora Bora), while skimping on your troop strength in the theater of operation. You don't let irresponsible and incompetent personnel allow Abu Gharib to occur, further damaging your image, in the eyes of the world.
You don't announce to the world that you're unwilling to talk to "the enemy", unless they meet your demands, further distancing any possibilities for negotiation and common ground. You don't make matters worse than they were. When it's obvious, you're not making any headway, you don't continue doing the exact same thing the exact same way, and expecting the results to be different. You don' t let go of common sense. Shall I go on?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:25 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Yes please do.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:09 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33245 wrote:

The Bush administration was going on the information gathered from the previous 8 years of the past administration. That information was flawed because the previous president slashed Americas inteligence agencies budget by billions of dollars, and felt that money was better served for domestic projects. Most of the senior members of the CIA were either force out of their jobs, or quit in disgust. America was blinded because of the polices of the Clinton administration. When Bush came into office there were only two people in the CIA who could even read Arabic. That's right, two people were the only one's avaiable to read the tens of thousands of messages coming out of the Middle East. Bush has changed that, but that does not help the thousands that were killed in the World Trade Center.
I never said I supported this war, if I had gone to war it never would of been fought this way. War is not pretty, nor is it always done perfectly.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:24 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33252 wrote:
If someone jumps off a cliff, would you follow them? "People' say a lot of "stuff"...doesn't mean you need to reiterate it. Skin heads can hardly be a source of reliability or wisdom. Yet, here you are using their philosophy as a basis for your argument.
And so what someone once was a Christian, and through "his journey", changed his way of thinking? Why would you have a problem? Who are you?
Last time I checked, this was a free society, and folks can say anything they like...it's guaranteed to them as a right of free speech.
Who died and made you Jesus' deputy on Earth? Jesus?????? Did you get your marching orders directly from his mouth to your ear?
I have read Jonah (with an "h", you being a bible scholar and all!) and the whale....and I am able to recognize that, more than likely, the story was a "parable", rather than fact. Reading the Bible requires that you use common sense rather than taking every period and comma for granted. Excuse me.

The idea of Judas being revered for handing Christ over to the temple priest was just as CRAZY, as Hitler being thanked for his final solution. A point that you seem to of missed.
And there is no such thing in Scripture as once being a Christian, but then not being a Christian. This is a Biblical point which I'm sure your not able to understand.
When the Bible speaks in parables, it make's plain that it is a parable, and I believe parables are true stories that are spoken to give the reader better insite. Some people said the crossing of the Red Sea by the children of Israel was a parable, yet they have now discovered the remains of Pharoahs coral incrusted army, and it appears it to was a true story. Excuse me.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:19 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33242 wrote:

I don't want to see anyone die. Yet there are those out there who really want to destroy America. How do we stop them? I don't know. Yet the Bible tells us, "IF POSSIBLE, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men."
I wish we all could be at peace, yet that will only happen when Christ returns, and the Bible tells us if it were not for His return no flesh would be saved. So yes, Romans 12:18 tells us that we have the right to defend ourselves. And yes, that is in the New Testament. And no, Muslims donot pray to the same God that we pray to, for the New Testament tells us there is only one name given under heaven to men to be saved, and that is the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Muslims believe he was a good man, but they donot believe He was God. Christians do.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:56 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell

We have the best military in the world. We are well able to close down our borders, put the air force patroling the skies and deport all illegals that might even think about being a terroist, they are after all illegals here.

We can defend this country very well right here at home and not have to worry about being attacked.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on what Jesus might have to say about the fact we could have just hunkered down and defended ourselfs, instead of war in another country thousands of miles from our home land ? I really am interested in what you think Jesus would say about that choice?

Lets go back one verse in Romans campbell

Romans 12: 17 & 18

Recompense no man evil for evil, Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

verse 18: If it be possible as much as lieth in you , live peaceable with all men

Verse 19: Dearly beloved , avenge not yourself's, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, vengence is mine, I will repay saith the Lord.

Verse 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst give him drink, for in doing so you heap heap coals of fire on his head.

Verse 21 Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

No where in these verses that you started to quote , but did not complete do I see Paul suggesting that we have the right to kill our enemies.
wvpeach

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 09:08 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell

I see that you are interested in the truth about God and christ our Lord, so I offer you the following and would like your thoughts on the verses.

1st Corinthians 15: 24

Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the father after he has destroyed all dominion , authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destoyed is death. For he has put everything under his feet. Now when it says that everything has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. when he has done this, then the son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Paula
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:17 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;33475 wrote:
The Bush administration was going on the information gathered from the previous 8 years of the past administration. That information was flawed because the previous president slashed Americas inteligence agencies budget by billions of dollars, and felt that money was better served for domestic projects. Most of the senior members of the CIA were either force out of their jobs, or quit in disgust. America was blinded because of the polices of the Clinton administration. When Bush came into office there were only two people in the CIA who could even read Arabic. That's right, two people were the only one's avaiable to read the tens of thousands of messages coming out of the Middle East. Bush has changed that, but that does not help the thousands that were killed in the World Trade Center.
I never said I supported this war, if I had gone to war it never would of been fought this way. War is not pretty, nor is it always done perfectly.

You know, most presidents kinda "man up", when they come into office...Clinton didn't complain about Papa Bush...Reagan didn't complain about Carter...Carter didn't complain about Ford.
George Bush, wimp that he is, can only blame Clinton for his own failings, and never admit responsibility in anything. Well, the one thing Clinton didn't do is f... up this war....George Bush and Co. did that one all by their selves.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:41 am
@Campbell34,
It amazes me that people think Saddam or Iraq had ANYTHING to do with 9/11
Especially when they can't back it up with facts.
0 Replies