• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,662 • Replies: 82
No top replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 10:17 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;32752 wrote:

Nice to see you again FedUp. Actually, I think everyone has some sort of hypocrisy in their life, and I think as a Christian, that is why we believe there was only one man that lived a perfect life. Christians will never be perfect people. Perhaps you could expand on what kind of selective morality you don't care for. Could you give us some examples?
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 06:28 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;32759 wrote:
Nice to see you again FedUp. Actually, I think everyone has some sort of hypocrisy in their life, and I think as a Christian, that is why we believe there was only one man that lived a perfect life. Christians will never be perfect people. Perhaps you could expand on what kind of selective morality you don't care for. Could you give us some examples?

I would have to paint that answer with a broad brush and say that the selective morality that organized religion promotes. I have been in many churches in my day and have seen the exact same thing exhibited to varying degrees.

You don't need religion of any kind to be a good and moral person, yet these religious bumpkins think that they are on the inside track to God, or at least their interpretation of God, and believe they are superior than others because of their faith.

That just scratches the surface of my contempt for Christians and other religious folks.

I know that you are a devout Christian and we have gone round and round a few times, but do you believe that you are superior than anyone because of your beliefs?

Say hi to your kid for me. Does he come here too?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 09:23 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
"Christians love to talk about how loving, dutiful and compassionate they are, yet I have yet to meet ONE who does not practice hypocrisy to the point of insanity."

It's not their fault you don't get out much. You need some fresh air, sunlight and human contact, on a regular basis. In a week's time, you should notice considerable improvement.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 10:48 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
LOL!

Thanks for proving my point.

That was WAY too easy.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:25 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;32811 wrote:
I would have to paint that answer with a broad brush and say that the selective morality that organized religion promotes. I have been in many churches in my day and have seen the exact same thing exhibited to varying degrees.

You don't need religion of any kind to be a good and moral person, yet these religious bumpkins think that they are on the inside track to God, or at least their interpretation of God, and believe they are superior than others because of their faith.

That just scratches the surface of my contempt for Christians and other religious folks.

I know that you are a devout Christian and we have gone round and round a few times, but do you believe that you are superior than anyone because of your beliefs?

Well how some Christians act and what God tells us about ourselves is as far as the east is from the west. The Bible states that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. I believe as a Christians, I only feel good because I believe I worship the real God. Yet I also know that my entrance into heaven will not be because I'm superior, or I'm so good. I'm just forgiven. I don't believe anyone will enter heaven because they deserve to be there.

Jesusdied4you has been busy, but we do see him from time to time. You know how he likes to stir the pot now and then. I'm sure we will see more of him if we don't get banned from this forum. LOL.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:50 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Crap, I've been gone way too long, the idiots are getting out of control, obviously.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 12:27 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;32844 wrote:
Well how some Christians act and what God tells us about ourselves is as far as the east is from the west. The Bible states that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. I believe as a Christians, I only feel good because I believe I worship the real God. Yet I also know that my entrance into heaven will not be because I'm superior, or I'm so good. I'm just forgiven. I don't believe anyone will enter heaven because they deserve to be there.

Jesusdied4you has been busy, but we do see him from time to time. You know how he likes to stir the pot now and then. I'm sure we will see more of him if we don't get banned from this forum. LOL.

I hope you DON'T get banned. You, as well as JD4U, produce a fine counter-point to the points against Christianity.

So let me ask, does me being a reformed Christian assure me a spot in your heaven, even though I don't believe in Christianity any more?

Has my salvation been revoked?
Volunteer

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 12:36 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;32848 wrote:
Crap, I've been gone way too long, the idiots are getting out of control, obviously.

R,

Did you take someone's advice and do what youngsters should do in the summer. If so, rejoice. There is always a new one to take the last's place. Every generation generates new ones.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 03:14 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;32912 wrote:
I hope you DON'T get banned. You, as well as JD4U, produce a fine counter-point to the points against Christianity.

So let me ask, does me being a reformed Christian assure me a spot in your heaven, even though I don't believe in Christianity any more?

Well the only Bible person that comes to my mind right now is Judas. And Jesus said of him. It would be better for that man if he had never been born.
However, where there is life there's always hope. And in THIS LIFE there is always forgiveness for a repentant heart. Of course I'm just looking at this from a Biblical perspective. And far be it from me to suggest or encourage you to reconsider. You know, a man could get banned for that.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 07:48 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;32936 wrote:
Well the only Bible person that comes to my mind right now is Judas. And Jesus said of him. It would be better for that man if he had never been born.
However, where there is life there's always hope. And in THIS LIFE there is always forgiveness for a repentant heart. Of course I'm just looking at this from a Biblical perspective. And far be it from me to suggest or encourage you to reconsider. You know, a man could get banned for that.

Shouldn't Judas be revered in Christian circles. AFter a he turned in Jesus to the Romans which resulted in the events leading to the cruciFICTION, the same event that gave birth to Christianity.

I didn't comprehend your answer to my question about my salvation though.

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 07:53 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
I am fed up with people who expect Christians to be perfect. No other kind of people is perfect. Why do they demand that Christians be perfect? If a Christian fails to be perfect, that doesn't mean his God is a slob. It only means that he, the imperfect human, is a slob.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:00 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
I'm just holding the Christians feet to the fire for their claiming moral superiority for their beliefs. AGAIN, present your facts and refute what I post.

I know Christians are FAR from perfect.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:56 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
What is your religion so we may hold your feet, ah not to revealing to that are you?
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:33 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
No problem there. I don't believe in religion. I don't believe in the Christian God.

Anything else you would like to know?

BTW, I'm producing an internet call in show on Christianity. Care to be involved? You can say whatever you want TOTALLY UNCENSORED.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 11:34 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;32848 wrote:

C'mon, we want more.

Christians are, for the most part, everything they profess. But, we are fallible and have our moments of weakness. That does not make up hypocrites, only human.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 07:49 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;32811 wrote:

Hear, hear!
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:03 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;32983 wrote:
C'mon, we want more.

Christians are, for the most part, everything they profess. But, we are fallible and have our moments of weakness. That does not make up hypocrites, only human.

Puh-leeze.....If it's just the belief that Christ died for sins and the fear for one's mortal soul, that admits folk into Heaven's Gate, then we can rest easy...
But if it is about practicing what one preaches...then Heaven is going to be one lonely place.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:29 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
I am a child of the King, the daughter of God.

But got to agree fed up , most who profess to be christians don't have a clue what the bible really says.

They are the " Preacher said it so it must be true crowd":dunno: They really don't have a clue about what the bible or christ told us to do.

they believe what they are told and never bother to seek the truth on their own.

Its a shame and has caused more wars and death , and believe me Christ will say they did not do that in my name , when they meet him one day.

Christ taught love and forgiveness. No where did he sanction war , killing and hatred.

So don't judge us all , there are some of us who actually read the book and seek the truth about God, instead of just spewing what we heard the pastor say or what our buddies at the good old boy cafe deem to be God's Word. NOT!
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 09:25 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33207 wrote:
I am a child of the King, the daughter of God.

But got to agree fed up , most who profess to be christians don't have a clue what the bible really says.

They are the " Preacher said it so it must be true crowd":dunno: They really don't have a clue about what the bible or christ told us to do.

they believe what they are told and never bother to seek the truth on their own.

Its a shame and has caused more wars and death , and believe me Christ will say they did not do that in my name , when they meet him one day.

Christ taught love and forgiveness. No where did he sanction war , killing and hatred.

So don't judge us all , there are some of us who actually read the book and seek the truth about God, instead of just spewing what we heard the pastor say or what our buddies at the good old boy cafe deem to be God's Word. NOT!

Hush truth! You'll find many religious fanatics up in here...screaming about war on terrorism, and killing folk before they can kill us...just raving lunatics...and they think themselves completely different and "justified" from Islamic jihadists. It's just baffling . "It ain't necessarily so, everything you read in the Bible".