The Empire Without Clothes

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:32 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;30160 wrote:
Reverting back to your black roots? Next thing we are gonna hear is "masse" again? Government agents huh, where's your evidence?

Oh, you just handed down an infraction to me, for calling you "Peanutchute", when you called me out of my name (A-RON)....and you can post insulting stuff like this and get away with it?
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:35 am
@aaronssongs,
Fellow members,
It's clear that my days here are numbered, because I can receive an trumped up infraction for nothing at all....there are people here whom I intimidate, as they are afraid of being called on their stuff....so, if I'm banished (again), just want to say that it's been "real", and that I'll miss some, and forget others. Thanks. Aaron
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 10:04 am
@aaronssongs,
Underground Man: The central figure, indeed the anti-hero, of Notes from the Underground, is the Underground Man. It's important to note that although the UM shares many of Dostoevsky's own viewpoints about romanticism, the enlightenment and other issues, the author and his character must be clearly separated. Dostoevsky himself alludes to this in his prologue. Though the UM says that his liver is diseased, the reader soon learns that the UM's illness is more than physical: indeed it's a psychological disease-he is hyperconscious. He admits that day after day he rushes home to hide in his "corner," only to anguish and "gnaw" at himself, reconsidering the actions he has taken that day. At the same time, however, he finds a kind of pleasure in the humiliation and even despair caused by this "overly acute consciousness."

Indeed........a small, angry, bitter, outcast of a man, hiding in the shadows of society, harboring sinister thoughts and intentions about it he's too weak to act on.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 10:05 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30190 wrote:
Underground Man: The central figure, indeed the anti-hero, of Notes from the Underground, is the Underground Man. It's important to note that although the UM shares many of Dostoevsky's own viewpoints about romanticism, the enlightenment and other issues, the author and his character must be clearly separated. Dostoevsky himself alludes to this in his prologue. Though the UM says that his liver is diseased, the reader soon learns that the UM's illness is more than physical: indeed it's a psychological disease-he is hyperconscious. He admits that day after day he rushes home to hide in his "corner," only to anguish and "gnaw" at himself, reconsidering the actions he has taken that day. At the same time, however, he finds a kind of pleasure in the humiliation and even despair caused by this "overly acute consciousness."

Indeed........a small, angry, bitter, outcast of a man, hiding in the shadows of society, harboring sinister thoughts and intentions about it he's too weak to act on.

You sure that's not you?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 10:11 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;30179 wrote:
Fellow members,
It's clear that my days here are numbered, because I can receive an trumped up infraction for nothing at all....there are people here whom I intimidate, as they are afraid of being called on their stuff....so, if I'm banished (again), just want to say that it's been "real", and that I'll miss some, and forget others. Thanks. Aaron

I hear ya. If I'm killed in action, send my stuff to the following address:

Colonel Max 'Steel Boots' Schutzstaffel
3456 Ramstein Castle
Berlin, Germany 59994
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 10:12 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;30191 wrote:
You sure that's not you?

Me? Nah.....I'm Pinochet, remember?Very Happy :thumbup: :thumbup: Very Happy
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 11:14 am
@Drakej,
Drakej;30134 wrote:
Your right there is way to much money to be made in wagging the war on drugs but it isn't like we are bank rolling Columbian drug lords and such. There will always be corruption as long as there is a human standing at the gate, holding the dog, or running the x ray machine. Because of that how can a change in political parties fix every thing?

It cant, the only thing that can change that is if we unite as a country and want something better for our children. Instead of playing the blame game, if everyone could come to a table and listen with open minds we would be making a lot more progress. We are not the only country that has these problems. We have to grow as a people for the sake of our country.

Damn fine post Drake. :wave2:
0 Replies

POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:18 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;30179 wrote:
Fellow members,

Aaron bring your "A Game" into the Superpower America thread. . .Your looking for thought provoking debate?

"I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game." ~ Doc Holiday ( Tombstone )
0 Replies