Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:32 am
@aaronssongs,
Cyrano's Journal Anti-Capitalist Tool

Explains how you get your view point.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 12:02 pm
@aaronssongs,
Sounds like the incessant ramblings of an incredibly pessimistic, egotistical individual with a histrionic disorder. Someone who has been disillusioned by their selffulfilling prophecy of failure.
He makes many an accusation of wrong doing and suscinctly points out many of the ills of modern society. Some of them valid, some not. Like many a wana a be cult of personalities he is convinced he knows more then all those around him. He relies upon his limitless wisdom, developed from countless hours of seeking out those who re-enforce his self aggrandizing opinions.
Like those that he criticizes he himself avoids having to think to much, as displayed by his overly broad strokes meant to provide a solution to many of the ills he finds reprehensible..........

"Expose the scoundrels and turn them out, and praise the honest man and woman and uphold their decency. Those we have trusted to lead us have deceived us long enough, let us wander too long in a wilderness of tears, thorns and betrayals. The task is formidable, gargantuan: to educate, to explicate, to elucidate. To keep mining history until we reach the golden veins of truth; to flush the murky waters till the clear wellsprings shine in the radiant sun. To re-connect ourselves to the great movements of world history: the peace and social reform movements in Europe and America in the 19th century; the anti-colonial revolutions of the 19th and 20th centuries against European and American Empire. We must rise up now with knowledge and compassion and take the reins to ride the maelstrom; to save ourselves and our home planet, our tomorrows, and what and whom we love."

Narry a solution presented in this final paragraph, I dare say he sounds quite like the politicians he supposedly despises. He uses alot of words but presents no solutions with his broad sweeping strokes of idealogy. How convienent for one who spouts observations but presents no solutions.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 02:29 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;29950 wrote:

I refuse to read this.:thumbdown: :no: :no: :no: :thumbdown:
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 03:07 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30059 wrote:
I refuse to read this.:thumbdown: :no: :no: :no: :thumbdown:

I know.....it's over your head....the words and ideas contained therein, are those which you can neither conceptualize nor comprehend...that's a good reason for refusing to read it....OOoops. LOL
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 03:11 pm
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;30023 wrote:
Sounds like the incessant ramblings of an incredibly pessimistic, egotistical individual with a histrionic disorder. Someone who has been disillusioned by their selffulfilling prophecy of failure.
He makes many an accusation of wrong doing and suscinctly points out many of the ills of modern society. Some of them valid, some not. Like many a wana a be cult of personalities he is convinced he knows more then all those around him. He relies upon his limitless wisdom, developed from countless hours of seeking out those who re-enforce his self aggrandizing opinions.
Like those that he criticizes he himself avoids having to think to much, as displayed by his overly broad strokes meant to provide a solution to many of the ills he finds reprehensible..........

"Expose the scoundrels and turn them out, and praise the honest man and woman and uphold their decency. Those we have trusted to lead us have deceived us long enough, let us wander too long in a wilderness of tears, thorns and betrayals. The task is formidable, gargantuan: to educate, to explicate, to elucidate. To keep mining history until we reach the golden veins of truth; to flush the murky waters till the clear wellsprings shine in the radiant sun. To re-connect ourselves to the great movements of world history: the peace and social reform movements in Europe and America in the 19th century; the anti-colonial revolutions of the 19th and 20th centuries against European and American Empire. We must rise up now with knowledge and compassion and take the reins to ride the maelstrom; to save ourselves and our home planet, our tomorrows, and what and whom we love."

Narry a solution presented in this final paragraph, I dare say he sounds quite like the politicians he supposedly despises. He uses alot of words but presents no solutions with his broad sweeping strokes of idealogy. How convienent for one who spouts observations but presents no solutions.

And what solutions, pray tell, have you presented? Any?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 03:16 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;30073 wrote:
I know.....it's over your head....the words and ideas contained therein, are those which you can neither conceptualize nor comprehend...that's a good reason for refusing to read it....OOoops. LOL

Way too long. Nothing you have to say could ever interest me that much. Laughing
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 03:23 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30078 wrote:
Way too long. Nothing you have to say could ever interest me that much. Laughing

I rest my case
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 03:58 pm
@aaronssongs,
This country has been coasting on the prosperity of the 1950s for five decades now. Whatever you think of the above statements that is hard to argue with. It is also hard argue that our overseas adventures are doing anything to even repair the failing economic infrastructure much less build a new one....Empires are tricky expensive things to maintain that always eventually collapse under their own weight, just ask the British. Regardless or whether it takes a decade or a century whatever we do overseas is destined to fail or falter or simply change..all things must be maintained or abandoned

Tradition means nothing...faith is for church not economics or government...culture is something museum curators and art teachers should worry about...
we need to STOP...all this drum beating and fix our own house...our own economy and infrastructure and education system and neither side is really offering anything new...The democrats are stuck in the 60s and the republicans seem stuck in an odd gestalt of the 50s and 80s...we need new ideas and someone with the guts to tell people they are full of it
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 04:42 pm
@rhopper3,
rhopper3;30088 wrote:
This country has been coasting on the prosperity of the 1950s for five decades now. Whatever you think of the above statements that is hard to argue with. It is also hard argue that our overseas adventures are doing anything to even repair the failing economic infrastructure much less build a new one....Empires are tricky expensive things to maintain that always eventually collapse under their own weight, just ask the British. Regardless or whether it takes a decade or a century whatever we do overseas is destined to fail or falter or simply change..all things must be maintained or abandoned

Tradition means nothing...faith is for church not economics or government...culture is something museum curators and art teachers should worry about...
we need to STOP...all this drum beating and fix our own house...our own economy and infrastructure and education system and neither side is really offering anything new...The democrats are stuck in the 60s and the republicans seem stuck in an odd gestalt of the 50s and 80s...we need new ideas and someone with the guts to tell people they are full of it

One of the most brilliant posts, I've seen up in here! Thank you.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 04:48 pm
@aaronssongs,
Absolute and utter nonsense.

Your pal, cyrano2 is truly the American Nightmare, American Illusion, American Delusion and promoter of False Consciousness.
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 04:54 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;30095 wrote:
Absolute and utter nonsense.

Your pal, cyrano2 is truly the American Nightmare, American Illusion, American Delusion and promoter of False Consciousness.

He's not my "pal"...and you're entitled to your opinion...and that's all it is, is "an opinion". "Uninformed", if you ask me.
We tend to write off that which undercuts our philosophy or our way of thinking. Not surprising.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:22 pm
@rhopper3,
rhopper3;30088 wrote:

You couldn't be more incorrect. Religion and culture are massively important in the formation and behavior of nations.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:28 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;30096 wrote:
He's not my "pal"...and you're entitled to your opinion...and that's all it is, is "an opinion". "Uninformed", if you ask me.
We tend to write off that which undercuts our philosophy or our way of thinking. Not surprising.

As I said before, Aaron, as a gay Black, you're well ensconced in a counter-culture with which only a tiny, tiny minority of Americans can identify. I don't mean that as an insult, just an observation. Your thinking is the by-product of a two-front, protracted war, over race and sexual orientation. Your perceptions are distorted, when measured against the experiences and views of the average guy. Essentially, you loathe the society in which you live. It's understandable, but a factor to be recognized and remembered by anyone who tries to interact with you. You remind me of Dostoevsky's 'underground man'.:thumbup:
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:57 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30106 wrote:
You couldn't be more incorrect. Religion and culture are massively important in the formation and behavior of nations.

As dr is so apt to say, "Prove it!"...because I believe that to be total nonsense.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 07:11 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30108 wrote:
As I said before, Aaron, as a gay Black, you're well ensconced in a counter-culture with which only a tiny, tiny minority of Americans can identify. I don't mean that as an insult, just an observation. Your thinking is the by-product of a two-front, protracted war, over race and sexual orientation. Your perceptions are distorted, when measured against the experiences and views of the average guy. Essentially, you loathe the society in which you live. It's understandable, but a factor to be recognized and remembered by anyone who tries to interact with you. You remind me of Dostoevsky's 'underground man'.:thumbup:

You're so far "off base" you're in another stadium. Unlike you, my sexuality and my race are only a few of the ingredients that make me up, and I wear neither on my sleeve. Once again, I point out that "you don't know me"...you think you do, but I can assure you, you don't. That being said, your observation is pure nonsensical, and lacking in factual basis...and therefore can be overlooked. Consider it done. You, mon frere, are in no position to make judgements, or to attempt to analyze me...your educational background is in question based on your postings, and you're absolutely no match for my intellect.

Although I'm unfamiliar with Dostoevsky's "Underground Man"...I found the following on the net:
Underground Man: The central figure, indeed the anti-hero, of Notes from the Underground, is the Underground Man. It's important to note that although the UM shares many of Dostoevsky's own viewpoints about romanticism, the enlightenment and other issues, the author and his character must be clearly separated. Dostoevsky himself alludes to this in his prologue. Though the UM says that his liver is diseased, the reader soon learns that the UM's illness is more than physical: indeed it's a psychological disease-he is hyperconscious. He admits that day after day he rushes home to hide in his "corner," only to anguish and "gnaw" at himself, reconsidering the actions he has taken that day. At the same time, however, he finds a kind of pleasure in the humiliation and even despair caused by this "overly acute consciousness."

I see absolutely nothing that I have in common with this character...so, once again, you're delusional, and reaching for straws.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 11:04 pm
@aaronssongs,
I took the time to read that whole thing. Some of it seemed like rather artsy nonsense. Are we all not to blame for state of the nation? We elected the current administration. Granted some people will argue that their candidate didn't win and blah blah blah. But that isnt the point. Everyone is so hung up on playing he said she said with the parties and no one focuses on improving the country. I know it is asking a lot for people to open there mind and think of the country as a whole. But how can we work forward when everyone is playing mine is bigger then yours?? Granted I am not a political know it all, hell I don't even know half of the terms used around here in regards to politics. So it is possible I am over simplifying things.
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 11:35 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;30130 wrote:
I took the time to read that whole thing. Some of it seemed like rather artsy nonsense. Are we all not to blame for state of the nation? We elected the current administration. Granted some people will argue that their candidate didn't win and blah blah blah. But that isnt the point. Everyone is so hung up on playing he said she said with the parties and no one focuses on improving the country. I know it is asking a lot for people to open there mind and think of the country as a whole. But how can we work forward when everyone is playing mine is bigger then yours?? Granted I am not a political know it all, hell I don't even know half of the terms used around here in regards to politics. So it is possible I am over simplifying things.

Drakej,
My problem stems from 'the other side" unwilling to admit that the whole situation is broken. From foreign policy to domestic policy to our rights and freedoms eroding, to respect for the rule of law, and the wishes of the majority of the American people.
I was listening to Pacifica radio in Houston , and they were talking about the failed war on drugs....drugs are continuing to be brought into the US, in unheard of quantities....and do people really believe that the government isn't responsible for that? Ain't no low level minority folks bringing in mass quantities of drugs....ain't no black and brown folks flying planes, bringing drugs in here...it's government sanctioned agents....why? Because a "drugged' populace is a controlled populace....less attention being paid to being f...'ed over, and a steady stream of incarcerated minorities who provide jobs and monies for the haves and the state. The criminal justice system is the 21st century's answer to chattel slavery. If you don't think so, it's because you choose not to know. Out of sight, out of mind...It's a national embarrassment....it's inhumane. And it's uncivilized.
Did you know that the poppy growers in the Middle East and Asia don't have alternative crops to grow, and that poppy growing is the only way they can survive and provide for their families? Only about 40 % of the growers can turn to alternative means....that means 60 % are stuck out. It is big business, and governments are complicit in the trade. It also accounts for funding terrorist groups...but nothing is being done to provide the means for the farmers to make a decent living doing something else....who do you blame?
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 12:19 am
@aaronssongs,
Your right there is way to much money to be made in wagging the war on drugs but it isn't like we are bank rolling Columbian drug lords and such. There will always be corruption as long as there is a human standing at the gate, holding the dog, or running the x ray machine. Because of that how can a change in political parties fix every thing?

It cant, the only thing that can change that is if we unite as a country and want something better for our children. Instead of playing the blame game, if everyone could come to a table and listen with open minds we would be making a lot more progress. We are not the only country that has these problems. We have to grow as a people for the sake of our country.
Drnaline

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:26 am
@aaronssongs,
Quote:
Ain't no low level minority folks bringing in mass quantities of drugs....ain't no black and brown folks flying planes, bringing drugs in here...it's government sanctioned agents....why?
Reverting back to your black roots? Next thing we are gonna hear is "masse" again? Government agents huh, where's your evidence?