Title suggestions

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 01:57 pm
Okay. This is my first post...yay...and go figure, it isn't even politics or religion related! Very Happy It takes me a while to integrate myself into a forum....slowly but surely, eh?

Anyway, I need a title for this poem I wrote before I turn it in to a scholarship competition next week. I'm horrible with titles...gah...any ideas please?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 776 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 02:13 pm
@missdixy,
Take a major word or phrase out of it and use it as the title if you're desperate. Like "Who?" or something like that. Is it about anyone in particular?
missdixy

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 03:37 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;22360 wrote:
Take a major word or phrase out of it and use it as the title if you're desperate. Like "Who?" or something like that. Is it about anyone in particular?

Not really about one person.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:19 pm
@missdixy,
WHO is a good title.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:07 pm
@missdixy,
how about something like "before the solstice" or something like that... seeing as its about 6/6
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:59 pm
@missdixy,
Both very good ideas Smile thanks
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 04:41 am
@missdixy,
MissDixy

Wow - I was so taken by your verse - Haiku? - I forgot to read the rest of the messages - while I spent time pondering the significance of the sixth day of the sixth month at 1:23 am.

A couple of things came to mind - but realize I was on the wrong track - thinking of the end of War in our western world - Memorial/Remembrance Day date - warriors so broken they must drink the rest of their lives trying to drown the memories ....and the mothers of warriors must watch in grief....and we in our comfort forget as it has no significance in our selfish lives.... but it has import in Japanese art too - so I have to give up.

It is wonderfully complex and simple combined into a neat package...and to tell you the truth I wouldn't have the guts to offer any suggestion for a title. You might try letting one come to you - don't force it - it is probably buried waiting to surface.

Amazing how many images it brings up to different people. Really well done!!

The suggestions by others are excellent. Good luck on the competition.
missdixy

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:51 am
@Skye cv,
Skye;22469 wrote:
MissDixy

Wow - I was so taken by your verse - Haiku? - I forgot to read the rest of the messages - while I spent time pondering the significance of the sixth day of the sixth month at 1:23 am.

A couple of things came to mind - but realize I was on the wrong track - thinking of the end of War in our western world - Memorial/Remembrance Day date - warriors so broken they must drink the rest of their lives trying to drown the memories ....and the mothers of warriors must watch in grief....and we in our comfort forget as it has no significance in our selfish lives.... but it has import in Japanese art too - so I have to give up.

It is wonderfully complex and simple combined into a neat package...and to tell you the truth I wouldn't have the guts to offer any suggestion for a title. You might try letting one come to you - don't force it - it is probably buried waiting to surface.

Amazing how many images it brings up to different people. Really well done!!

The suggestions by others are excellent. Good luck on the competition.

Aw. :redface: Thanks Skye. When I wrote it I wanted for it to sort of have that effect - of providing different images to different people. It was even the case for me while I was writing it. I still have some time before deciding on a title so I'm just going to keep thinking about it, keeping all the ideas I was given here in mine...I just always feel that the title I choose may be inadequate.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 02:53 pm
@missdixy,
My suggestion, Tick Six.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:14 pm
@missdixy,
Horton
missdixy

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:16 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;22755 wrote:
Horton

:wtf:
Just wondering where the idea came from?
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:19 pm
@missdixy,
Someone said WHO as a title... first thing that popped to mind was Horton hears a Who... So i thought a good title would be HORTON
socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:57 pm
@missdixy,
I know, how about "There once was a man from Nantucket.."
I say if it is good once, it is better twice.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:00 pm
@missdixy,
Seriously, Dixy - I loved your little ditty. Oddly enough, I agree with RUG. Horton is a great title.
missdixy

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 02:15 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;22757 wrote:
Someone said WHO as a title... first thing that popped to mind was Horton hears a Who... So i thought a good title would be HORTON

Lol. Dr Seuss <3
All right, well,thanks for the suggestion Very Happy
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 02:17 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;22767 wrote:
Seriously, Dixy - I loved your little ditty. Oddly enough, I agree with RUG. Horton is a great title.

Thanks Socal.

Wink
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 10:42 am
@missdixy,
Dixy - How about "One Day"?
missdixy

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 11:37 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;22869 wrote:
Dixy - How about "One Day"?