Why deny man immortality

Volunteer

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 02:02 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24952 wrote:
I checked these out. I had never heard of them. They appear to be defunk or near defunk.

Regards
DL

My point exactly.
Campbell34

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 11:43 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24909 wrote:
If there is sin and hell in your reality then the death of Jesus was wasted. He did not forgive sin and close the gates of hell.
Eve did the right think or God would have made His adjustments in the beginning when there were only two. He would not wait and kill millions later.
Refute that if you can without your funny biblical twists and turns.

Follow your looser God.

Regards
DL

There is sin and Hell, and not only in my reality, but in the Bible which you donot believe. You pick and choose what you want to believe out of the Bible. You are basically calling Gods Word a Book of Lies. So if that is the case, why would you even believe in Jesus? You have choosen to make up your own belief in God, and have rejected the Biblical account. I feel sorry for you, but the Bible tells us there will be those who will not receive the message or God's gift of salvation, I believe you are one of those. You have allowed your own imagination to replace God's truth. And I can tell you that at the end of time, your fantasy God will not be there to save you.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 07:37 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25091 wrote:
There is sin and Hell, and not only in my reality, but in the Bible which you donot believe. You pick and choose what you want to believe out of the Bible. You are basically calling Gods Word a Book of Lies. So if that is the case, why would you even believe in Jesus? You have choosen to make up your own belief in God, and have rejected the Biblical account. I feel sorry for you, but the Bible tells us there will be those who will not receive the message or God's gift of salvation, I believe you are one of those. You have allowed your own imagination to replace God's truth. And I can tell you that at the end of time, your fantasy God will not be there to save you.

IMO, one shouldn't believe in the Bible. One should believe in God, in Christ, and attempt to discern Their/His will by studying and interpreting the Bible. The Bible is one tool of many. Obsessions with the Bible can lead to idolatry -- that's right -- the inappropriate channeling of faith into something other than God. I can anticipate certain responses here -- "The Bible is the Word of God, and says Jesus Himself was the Word." Nonetheless, that's metaphorical language that shouldn't be taken literally. We know Jesus was more than a word. He was a man. He was made of flesh and blood, and he lived, taught, and died well before any Bible came into existence. Therefore, we must stay focused on Him, and nothing else, primarily.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 07:50 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25091 wrote:

You will be to busy looking for talking snakes and miss God all together.

You are the one that has yet to tell us why Jesus died for nothing.
I believe that He forgave all sin. You do not. Who does not believe the Bible?

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 06:26 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;25106 wrote:
You will be to busy looking for talking snakes and miss God all together.

You are the one that has yet to tell us why Jesus died for nothing.
I believe that He forgave all sin. You do not. Who does not believe the Bible?

Regards
DL

If not for the Bible you would of never heard of the name Jesus Christ, and that same Bible tells you He died on the Cross to save sinners. And that same Bible tells us (WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL BE SAVED.)
(That part you donot believe.) I believe that part.
Campbell34

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 06:28 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25104 wrote:
IMO, one shouldn't believe in the Bible. One should believe in God, in Christ, and attempt to discern Their/His will by studying and interpreting the Bible. The Bible is one tool of many. Obsessions with the Bible can lead to idolatry -- that's right -- the inappropriate channeling of faith into something other than God. I can anticipate certain responses here -- "The Bible is the Word of God, and says Jesus Himself was the Word." Nonetheless, that's metaphorical language that shouldn't be taken literally. We know Jesus was more than a word. He was a man. He was made of flesh and blood, and he lived, taught, and died well before any Bible came into existence. Therefore, we must stay focused on Him, and nothing else, primarily.

If you say we should not believe in the Bible, why should we believe in Christ?
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 08:53 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25182 wrote:
If you say we should not believe in the Bible, why should we believe in Christ?

I think we must believe the Bible, and believe in Christ. This is a fine, fine distinction. The Bible informs, teaches, enlightens, guides and inspires, but it doesn't replace God. God transcends the Bible. God came first. God is not a book, or library of books. God is God.

Please hear me right. I love the Bible. I just roamed around in it for about an hour. I've read it almost every day of my adult life. Nonetheless, I'm careful to not worship the Bible, as I see some folks do who get too obsessed with it. We Catholics have a similar problem. Some Catholics get so engrossed in Catholic traditions, they conclude the Church is God. That's of course wrong, even according to the Church herself. But still, some people are prone to obsessions, and over-simplifying things. I knew a Fundie in the Army who actually prayed to his Bible. I thought that was a bit much. :no:
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 03:57 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25181 wrote:
If not for the Bible you would of never heard of the name Jesus Christ, and that same Bible tells you He died on the Cross to save sinners. And that same Bible tells us (WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL BE SAVED.)
(That part you donot believe.) I believe that part.

If you believe that then you ignore all who came before Jesus and all those living on other continents. It makes more logical sence that the savior of the world would include all the world in His itinerary. Not just a small chunk of the known world.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 07:46 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25187 wrote:
I think we must believe the Bible, and believe in Christ. This is a fine, fine distinction. The Bible informs, teaches, enlightens, guides and inspires, but it doesn't replace God. God transcends the Bible. God came first. God is not a book, or library of books. God is God.

Please hear me right. I love the Bible. I just roamed around in it for about an hour. I've read it almost every day of my adult life. Nonetheless, I'm careful to not worship the Bible, as I see some folks do who get too obsessed with it. We Catholics have a similar problem. Some Catholics get so engrossed in Catholic traditions, they conclude the Church is God. That's of course wrong, even according to the Church herself. But still, some people are prone to obsessions, and over-simplifying things. I knew a Fundie in the Army who actually prayed to his Bible. I thought that was a bit much. :no:

Now Pinochet 73 forgive me if I'm a little confused here. In post 46 you said one should't believe in the Bible, yet now in post 47 you say we must believe in the Bible. Not sure where your coming from on that.

In 2 Timothy 2:15 it tells us to Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the WORD of truth.

Now I have to tell you, I have never prayed to my Bible, and when I do pray it's to Christ only. Yet the Bible is the main Book that God inspired to bring the message of salvation to this world. And I do believe if men spent more time in it, they would understand why the Jews are back in Israel at this time.They would also understand that God is not dead, but is alive, and is getting ready to show His hand once again.
markx15

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 08:08 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Why do people have such a great obsession with Christ? There have been numerous prophets who have carried the same message.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 10:10 am
@markx15,
markx15;25216 wrote:
Why do people have such a great obsession with Christ? There have been numerous prophets who have carried the same message.

You mean tho other prophets also said we are to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved? Because that was the message Jesus brought.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 10:40 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Everyone or Every Group of people translates the Bible to best suit them.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 11:58 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;25239 wrote:
Everyone or Every Group of people translates the Bible to best suit them.

Well how would your group translate this one?

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.

Now is that what the other prophets have been saying?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 05:49 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Is there any logic to worshipping christ? I mean to be redeemed, what logical connection does believing a man existed have with redemption? Confessing your sins, living correctly, I can see the logic in these teachings, and their connection to redemption, but worshipping Christ? Not so much. Unless I am mistaken he also said that the most important of his teachings was to do to others as you would have do to you, coming second only to love thy God with all your heart, soul, and spirit. If the only way to salvation is believing in him why didn't he include it here?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 05:53 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25215 wrote:
Now Pinochet 73 forgive me if I'm a little confused here. In post 46 you said one should't believe in the Bible, yet now in post 47 you say we must believe in the Bible. Not sure where your coming from on that.

In 2 Timothy 2:15 it tells us to Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the WORD of truth.

Now I have to tell you, I have never prayed to my Bible, and when I do pray it's to Christ only. Yet the Bible is the main Book that God inspired to bring the message of salvation to this world. And I do believe if men spent more time in it, they would understand why the Jews are back in Israel at this time.They would also understand that God is not dead, but is alive, and is getting ready to show His hand once again.

No....I said I had made a distinction between believing the Bible, and believing in the Bible. The rest of what you said I agree with.:headbang:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 05:59 pm
@markx15,
markx15;25296 wrote:
Is there any logic to worshipping christ? I mean to be redeemed, what logical connection does believing a man existed have with redemption?

Without the historical fact of Jesus' existence, and the nature of His teachings, how would you know about 'redemption', much less whether or not it actually exists?

"Confessing your sins, living correctly, I can see the logic in these teachings, and their connection to redemption, but worshipping Christ?'

To whom would you 'confess', if not to Christ? If you say 'God', then which god -- the Jewish, Islamic, or pagan variety?

"Not so much. Unless I am mistaken he also said that the most important of his teachings was to do to others as you would have do to you, coming second only to love thy God with all your heart, soul, and spirit. If the only way to salvation is believing in him why didn't he include it here?
"

He said many things. His teachings have to be interpretted holistically, IMO.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 06:40 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Yes, all that is important, but none of them require worship. That is my point, worshipping christ is not something related to anything except perhaps an ego.
Reagaknight

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 07:53 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Your basic flaw is looking at him as a philosopher or prophet rather than the miracle working Son of God that Christians believe him to be.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 11:12 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:
You mean tho other prophets also said we are to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved? Because that was the message Jesus brought.

What does believing in Jesus Christ mean to you?

Quote:
Your basic flaw is looking at him as a philosopher or prophet rather than the miracle working Son of God that Christians believe him to be.

What did he do to deserve such a high pedestal?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 06:28 am
@markx15,
markx15;25301 wrote:
Yes, all that is important, but none of them require worship. That is my point, worshipping christ is not something related to anything except perhaps an ego.

Well, not really. You're missing the whole point of Christianity. Sorry to be so blunt. If your avatar says anything about your religious beliefs, maybe you just can't accept Christianity. That's cool. As we know, a lot of folks can't. :peace:
0 Replies