Why deny man immortality

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:23 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;22221 wrote:
It caused knowledge of good and evil, and if you read the Bible shortly after that, you see an increasingly evil human race because they ate from the tree.

Look again for the first time.
There has always been more good than evil in the world.
Our instructions were simple.
Reproduce and learn of good and evil.
We are doing both quite well.
God is pleased.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 05:04 pm
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22166 wrote:
Here is one for you. The apple was on the tree of Knowledge. Why was it a sin for man to have knowledge?

Because God said not to eat of that particular tree. The point is not that he was not to have knowledge, it was knowledge of good and evil that was prohibited. It is plausible that the tree was placed in the garden for a time when God determined man and woman were mature enough to handle the knowledge they would obtain by eating.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 06:59 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;22161 wrote:
As I said fun for God.

Regards
DL
In your opinion.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 08:02 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;22395 wrote:
Because God said not to eat of that particular tree. The point is not that he was not to have knowledge, it was knowledge of good and evil that was prohibited. It is plausible that the tree was placed in the garden for a time when God determined man and woman were mature enough to handle the knowledge they would obtain by eating.

If God did not want man to have the knowledge then why pit supernatural beings against a puny Eve.

Eve made the right choice.
If we had remained in the garden of ignorance then we would be like any dumb animal, not knowing anything but instincts.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:25 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;22095 wrote:
As I recall there was sin in Heaven even before God created the earth.
Satan, evil, came to earth with God.
God created evil in Heaven.

Regards
DL

Satan like man had FREE WILL, Satans choice was to rebel against God.
God made Satan, and Satan tried to destroy God. It all comes down to FREE WILL.
Campbell34

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:33 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;22395 wrote:

Man already had knowledge. Yet by eating the fruit of that tree, man for the first time in history disobeyed God, thus man now knew what evil was. That was the knowledge that was received.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:42 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;22492 wrote:
If God did not want man to have the knowledge then why pit supernatural beings against a puny Eve.

Eve made the right choice.
If we had remained in the garden of ignorance then we would be like any dumb animal, not knowing anything but instincts.

Regards
DL

Eve made the right choice?

Both Adam and Eve had a perfect life and lived in paradise. Their human bodies were free of sickness and they would of lived forever, and all people with them would of lived in a world of wonder and love. Yet because they sinned against God the human race has suffered the pain of death, sickness, rape, murder, and endless evil of every sort, and this you believe is better.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:32 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24763 wrote:
Satan like man had FREE WILL, Satans choice was to rebel against God.
God made Satan, and Satan tried to destroy God. It all comes down to FREE WILL.

Yes, God had the free will to send Satan to Hell instead of pitting him against Eve. Unfair by any measure.
Eve had no knowledge of good and evil before eating of the tree. Why would God punish Her for a sin when She had no idea what a sin was?

Why deny an innocent immortality when She had done no sin.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:40 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24765 wrote:
Eve made the right choice?

Both Adam and Eve had a perfect life and lived in paradise. Their human bodies were free of sickness and they would of lived forever, and all people with them would of lived in a world of wonder and love. Yet because they sinned against God the human race has suffered the pain of death, sickness, rape, murder, and endless evil of every sort, and this you believe is better.

Without knowledge of good and evil, man would not know why He was following God. Robots.
You say that we would be in paradise. Not so. Staying in the garden without the knowledge means no sex because sex carries both good and evil aspects and would be forbidden. Can you name anything that does not have good and evil aspects. I can't and therefore Adam and Eve would have nothing to chat about.
They would be like cows in the field not knowing much of anything.
Look again at the garden of ignorance for the first time.

If you read Genesis literally it shows a God that fails to start us up properly. It cannot be if God is God.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:47 am
@Greatest I am cv,
I wonder what people who spend all their time disproving the beliefs of others actually believe themselves. Maybe nothing.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 10:55 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24782 wrote:
I wonder what people who spend all their time disproving the beliefs of others actually believe themselves. Maybe nothing.

If the beliefs of others are easily disproved, then helping them to a better belief is in and of itself, good.

Would you have people stop doing good?

Regards
DL
Volunteer

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 11:49 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;22062 wrote:
Genesis 3:22
And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

If the man had absorbed the knowledge of good and evil and was like a God then the man would have been good as God is.

Why would God deny a good man immortality. As a good man, he would get to Heaven anyway.

If man was not to become as a God, why did God give us the tool of the tree of good and evil.
This tree, the Bible leads us all to being good. We are in fact asked by the Bible to become as Jesus. Perfect.

Why deny “the man” immortality at that point in time?

Regards
DL

The basis for this question is a belief that the God of the Bible does not exist. This finally clicked when reading about the I AM movement. The I AM movement is a Gnostic cult. Your name and beliefs seem to indicate you are a member of this movement. It's like a Jonathan Livingston Seagul religion. From the Handbook of Cults and New Religions, by Ron Rhodes, the basic tenets of the I AM movement:

Chanting I AM decrees to reinforce the contact of each person with divine reality;

The supremacy of St Germaine in the dawning of the Aquarian Age;

The pantheistic view that God and the universe are one and the same;

That humanity can attain that one is divine and can attain ascension like one of the "Ascended Masters;" and

That all people are reincarnated until the reaching that divine plane.

Your question is an attempt to win people to your panthesitic view of God. If you are not a direct adherent to the I AM movement, then you might be a member of the Church Universal and Truiumphant, "a modernized and popularized offshoot of the I AM movement."
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:05 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;24810 wrote:
The basis for this question is a belief that the God of the Bible does not exist. This finally clicked when reading about the I AM movement. The I AM movement is a Gnostic cult. Your name and beliefs seem to indicate you are a member of this movement. It's like a Jonathan Livingston Seagul religion. From the Handbook of Cults and New Religions, by Ron Rhodes, the basic tenets of the I AM movement:

Chanting I AM decrees to reinforce the contact of each person with divine reality;

That humanity can attain that one is divine and can attain ascension like one of the "Ascended Masters;" and

Your question is an attempt to win people to your panthesitic view of God. If you are not a direct adherent to the I AM movement, then you might be a member of the Church Universal and Truiumphant, "a modernized and popularized offshoot of the I AM movement."

I had no awareness of this movement.I will have to look it up.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:01 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24806 wrote:
If the beliefs of others are easily disproved, then helping them to a better belief is in and of itself, good.

Would you have people stop doing good?

Regards
DL

You're not the culprit, really. You don't whine much. It's the whiny ones who get on my nerves. Whine, whine, whine......and then they imply we should follow them into some sort of new belief system. Forget it. I don't follow whiners. In fact, there was a time when I was authorized to put my boot up their arse, and get them moving toward something real, concrete and positive. :FU1:
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:23 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24777 wrote:
Yes, God had the free will to send Satan to Hell instead of pitting him against Eve. Unfair by any measure.
Eve had no knowledge of good and evil before eating of the tree. Why would God punish Her for a sin when She had no idea what a sin was?

Why deny an innocent immortality when She had done no sin.

Regards
DL

Eve was given that knowledge from God that she would die if she ate from the tree, she disobeyed God and ate from the tree anyway. Satan did not twist her arm, and Eve used her FREE WILL to disobey God. She had the same FREE WILL we all have today to choose good or to choose evil. When you disobey God, that is sin.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 07:18 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24868 wrote:
Eve was given that knowledge from God that she would die if she ate from the tree, she disobeyed God and ate from the tree anyway. Satan did not twist her arm, and Eve used her FREE WILL to disobey God. She had the same FREE WILL we all have today to choose good or to choose evil. When you disobey God, that is sin.

If there is sin and hell in your reality then the death of Jesus was wasted. He did not forgive sin and close the gates of hell.
Eve did the right think or God would have made His adjustments in the beginning when there were only two. He would not wait and kill millions later.
Refute that if you can without your funny biblical twists and turns.

Follow your looser God.

Regards
DL
Volunteer

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 11:24 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24909 wrote:
If there is sin and hell in your reality then the death of Jesus was wasted. He did not forgive sin and close the gates of hell.
Eve did the right think or God would have made His adjustments in the beginning when there were only two. He would not wait and kill millions later.
Refute that if you can without your funny biblical twists and turns.

Follow your looser God.

Regards
DL

This is a perfect example of what the bible calls allowing someone to harden their heart and be given up to their own desires. GIA, we know you can read because you are able to answer some of the questions and posts on this forum. Please read the bible with an open mind. Maybe you will suprise yourself.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 11:43 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;24948 wrote:
This is a perfect example of what the bible calls allowing someone to harden their heart and be given up to their own desires. GIA, we know you can read because you are able to answer some of the questions and posts on this forum. Please read the bible with an open mind. Maybe you will suprise yourself.

If you mean that I should read it literally and become a homophobe who has a belief in talking snakes and fish that spit men out after three days, then No thanks. I will read it the right way.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 11:46 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;24810 wrote:

I checked these out. I had never heard of them. They appear to be defunk or near defunk.

Regards
DL
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 12:11 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Knew a guy at work whose basic take on life was this:

"I hate people, life itself and especially myself. Validate me, somebody, please."

He was devoutly Mormon.
0 Replies