• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,986 • Replies: 96
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 09:41 am
@Greatest I am cv,
As I recall weren't Adam and Eve Immortal before the fall of man?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 10:05 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;22068 wrote:
As I recall weren't Adam and Eve Immortal before the fall of man?

They had yet to eat of the tree of life.
I have just posted "Why did God deny man immortality". You may want to check it out.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:01 am
@Greatest I am cv,
but, as I recall before man ate of the tree there was no sin, and since the bible states that men die because of sin man would be considered immortal before the fall of man.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:07 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;22091 wrote:
but, as I recall before man ate of the tree there was no sin, and since the bible states that men die because of sin man would be considered immortal before the fall of man.

As I recall there was sin in Heaven even before God created the earth.
Satan, evil, came to earth with God.
God created evil in Heaven.

Regards
DL
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:09 am
@Greatest I am cv,
which has nothing to do with the immortality of man before the fall in the book of Genesis. I'm not referring to sin in heaven, but to the sin of man in the Torah.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:31 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;22095 wrote:
As I recall there was sin in Heaven even before God created the earth.
Satan, evil, came to earth with God.
God created evil in Heaven.

Regards
DL

The Bible isn't linear.

The fact that Satan chose to use his free will to be and do evil is not God's fault.

Blaming someone outside yourself for your poor choices is weak. It is also not logical. That is the same as Flip Wilson saying the devil made him do it. It may be a funny line in a variety show, but the humor is in the self-deception.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:36 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;22098 wrote:
The Bible isn't linear.

The fact that Satan chose to use his free will to be and do evil is not God's fault.

Blaming someone outside yourself for your poor choices is weak. It is also not logical. That is the same as Flip Wilson saying the devil made him do it. It may be a funny line in a variety show, but the humor is in the self-deception.

If allowing evil into a Perfect universe is not God's decision then whose is it. Puny men?
Read Job and tell me that God does not play with evil.

Regards
DL
Volunteer

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:51 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;22102 wrote:
If allowing evil into a Perfect universe is not God's decision then whose is it. Puny men?
Read Job and tell me that God does not play with evil.

Regards
DL

How does God "play with evil" in Job.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:58 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Your premise is a lie. God doesn't deny man immortaility. In fact:

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.”
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:03 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;22115 wrote:
Your premise is a lie. God doesn't deny man immortaility. In fact:

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Firstly read Job and you will see God inviting Satan to have fun with Job.

Secondly the quote refers to a passage in Genesis. You might focus on that.
As to Jesus and believing in Him.
You would need to wonder what happens to all the other Perfect souls before His time as well as the souls on all the other continents were Jesus was unknown. Children and babies included.

What happens to them.

Regards
DL
Volunteer

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 03:05 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;22116 wrote:
Firstly read Job and you will see God inviting Satan to have fun with Job.

God is proud of Job. Job has shown (proven) himself to trust and respect God. Satan is jealous of the esteem in which God holds Job. Satan wants to show God that esteem is misplaced. Satan tells God that God's blessing and protection are the cause of Job's trust in God and that if that blessing and protection are removed, Job will curse God. God knew his servant, Job and allowed Satan to do everything he could to shake or destroy Job's respect for God. Satan failed.
Volunteer

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 03:08 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;22116 wrote:
Secondly the quote refers to a passage in Genesis. You might focus on that.

My quote is a passage in John, 3:16-18, not Genesis.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 03:26 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;22152 wrote:
God is proud of Job. Job has shown (proven) himself to trust and respect God. Satan is jealous of the esteem in which God holds Job. Satan wants to show God that esteem is misplaced. Satan tells God that God's blessing and protection are the cause of Job's trust in God and that if that blessing and protection are removed, Job will curse God. God knew his servant, Job and allowed Satan to do everything he could to shake or destroy Job's respect for God. Satan failed.

As I said fun for God.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 03:28 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;22155 wrote:
My quote is a passage in John, 3:16-18, not Genesis.

I appreciate that but Genesis quote is what we are dealing with here.

Regards

DL
0 Replies

STNGfan

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 03:53 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Here is one for you. The apple was on the tree of Knowledge. Why was it a sin for man to have knowledge?
markx15

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 04:41 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Man began to discriminate inbetween good and bad after he "ate from the tree". There is no diference because one originates from the other, they are one.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:36 pm
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22166 wrote:
Here is one for you. The QUINCE was on the tree of Knowledge. Why was it a sin for man to have knowledge?

Fixt.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 07:36 pm
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22166 wrote:
Here is one for you. The apple was on the tree of Knowledge. Why was it a sin for man to have knowledge?

It caused knowledge of good and evil, and if you read the Bible shortly after that, you see an increasingly evil human race because they ate from the tree.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:19 am
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22166 wrote:

I believe that Eve made the right choice.
If man was not to have knowledge then we would not have it.
God would end a faulty experiment.

If we had stayed in the garden of ignorance then we would not have a history.

We are on the right path to God.
Not God's plan.

Regards
DL
0 Replies