GAYS - The Bible is full of Crapola

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 06:32 pm
Now I'm as straight anyone can get and I'm assuming people have evolved to the point of knowing Gay is not a flip of the coin personal decision. Recent findings confirm that imbalances of hormones in the womb help form the mind while the fetus is growing.

Since even now today, the evidence is still being compiled, how the hell could the men writing the bible thousands of years ago have the insight to know what we're just know finding out through medical science?

Change is ever present, it's true in life, business, relationships, careers, as we age, in everything. So how the hell can people keep quoting scripture, bible passages like it was written yesterday? The minute I see some nutbar quoting the bible, I want to slap'em. The bible aint about change it's about what reality existed on Earth thousands of years ago and most if it isn't applicable, not even close in the modern world today.

Sure, the big points carry over, don't kill, steal etc but the other crap is outdated! Do you still use Windows 95? Change......many parts of the bible are simply out of touch, it's too bad there isn't a book in the bible called "The book of common sense".

If we are created in God's image, then we share his humor, ability to reason, have independent thought, critical thought, to question and to accurately analyze.

It's usually the bible thumpers that lack any shred of common sense, they use the bible as a know it all crutch and have no ability to question or say "what if".
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,297 • Replies: 182
No top replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 06:35 pm
@DesertDave,
DesertDave;18911 wrote:
Now I'm as straight anyone can get and I'm assuming people have evolved to the point of knowing Gay is not a flip of the coin personal decision. Recent findings confirm that imbalances of hormones in the womb help form the mind while the fetus is growing.

Since even now today, the evidence is still being compiled, how the hell could the men writing the bible thousands of years ago have the insight to know what we're just know finding out through medical science?

Change is ever present, it's true in life, business, relationships, careers, as we age, in everything. So how the hell can people keep quoting scripture, bible passages like it was written yesterday? The minute I see some nutbar quoting the bible, I want to slap'em. The bible aint about change it's about what reality existed on Earth thousands of years ago and most if it isn't applicable, not even close in the modern world today.

Sure, the big points carry over, don't kill, steal etc but the other crap is outdated! Do you still use Windows 95? Change......many parts of the bible are simply out of touch, it's too bad there isn't a book in the bible called "The book of common sense".

If we are created in God's image, then we share his humor, ability to reason, have independent thought, critical thought, to question and to accurately analyze.

It's usually the bible thumpers that lack any shred of common sense, they use the bible as a know it all crutch and have no ability to question or say "what if".
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, a voice came to Him from the Majestic Glory:
This is My beloved Son.
I take delight in Him!
And we heard this voice when it came from heaven while we were with Him on the holy mountain. So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. First of all, you should know this: no prophecy of Scripture comes from one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the will of man; instead, moved by the Holy Spirit, men spoke from God.
Volunteer

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 06:36 pm
@DesertDave,
DesertDave;18911 wrote:

God knew, knows.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 06:38 pm
@DesertDave,
DesertDave;18911 wrote:

There is nothing new under the sun. Humans are the same in every age. There hasn't been some evolutionary transition to homosexuality. That's just gay.

Try and slap. You reap what you sow. God is eternal and His Word is also. Again, you reap what you sow.
Volunteer

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 06:40 pm
@DesertDave,
DesertDave;18911 wrote:

The whole Bible is about common sense. Ever hear of the mustard seed?

Try the book of Proverbs. If you used to be Catholic, try Eclessiasticus (sp?).
Volunteer

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 06:41 pm
@DesertDave,
DesertDave;18911 wrote:

Roger that, try using the brain that God gave you and stop spitting in His Face.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 06:42 pm
@DesertDave,
DesertDave;18911 wrote:

What if the Bible is the Word of God?
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 06:43 pm
@DesertDave,
DesertDave;18911 wrote:
You can't be a politican and be a true christian. Religion corrupts politics, separation of church & state, voting with religious intent is very wrong.

You are absolutely right. Politics does corrupt Christians. That is why Christians should not be politicians. They should enter office and be uncompromising.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 07:00 pm
@DesertDave,
DesertDave;18911 wrote:

Straight, you seem pretty twisted to me.
DesertDave

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 07:01 pm
@DesertDave,
Humans do evolve, we evolve and change spiritually, mentally and physically, it's called evolution. The bible was written and inspred by man. Case in point, Galileo and Capernicus were both persecuted for their scientific findings that contradicted the bible about how the solar system works., or, what common man of that day knew of the heavens, so they made it scripture. If God inspired man to write the bible, don't you think he'd clue us in on the simple mechanics of a little solar system? Especially when he knew we'd find out anyway?

When man wrote the bible, he was trying to give us guidelines to live by, most are pretty good but c'mon, the bible was NOT inspired by God, maybe an E.T., I'll buy that, God could be an E.T. can't disprove that......

Now that we know homosexuality has medical ramafications, scripture is totally wrong, another good point to prove man wrote the bible inspired by himself.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:40 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;18913 wrote:
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, a voice came to Him from the Majestic Glory:
This is My beloved Son.
I take delight in Him!
And we heard this voice when it came from heaven while we were with Him on the holy mountain. So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. First of all, you should know this: no prophecy of Scripture comes from one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the will of man; instead, moved by the Holy Spirit, men spoke from God.

I see your 2000 year old book and raise you scientific research and know brain bevelopment and it's effects on human behaviour

The Volume of a Sexually Dimorphic Nucleus in the Ovine Medial Preoptic Area/Anterior Hypothalamus Varies with Sexual Partner Preference -- Roselli et al. 145 (2): 478 -- Endocrinology

and for reference a 1992 study on the brains of Aids victums found similar results
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:44 am
@DesertDave,
The Seattle Times: Local News: Born gay? How biology may drive orientation

hmm homosexuality is 3-5 times more previlant when it's already in the family

sounds allot like the odds governing your chances of having twins...
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:54 am
@DesertDave,
here's the link on it I posted before

U.S. study of gay sheep may shed light on sexuality - Wikinews
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 12:15 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;18933 wrote:
Straight, you seem pretty twisted to me.

The Bible is the best road map to God.
Jesus the best guide.
I tend to like His philosophy.

Could you indicate why God, in his wisdom, allows homosexuals to be born.

I'm thinking here that if we are made to suffer because of Adam and Eve, that perhaps we should be focusing our wrath on the parents of gays.

Regards
DL
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 12:18 pm
@DesertDave,
yes obviously they are having gay children as punishment from god

come on man
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:13 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;19461 wrote:
yes obviously they are having gay children as punishment from god

come on man

That will teach me to write more clearly.

What I wanted to say is that God is creating homosexuals for the same reason He creates every one. They like all of us have a purpose. I am sure that when God looks at their soul, it looks exactly like all the others.

Homophobes are the ones who need adjustment, not gays.

I like and use the Bible. When I read any homophobic passages I can only assume that the writer needed adjustment of his own.

My assault on the parents was a bit of humour that failed.
It was jokingly following the precedent that many believe of we all having to suffer because of Adam and Eve.

Better

Regards
DL
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:40 pm
@DesertDave,
So your a Christian but you think the Bible's stance on Homosexuality is wrong?

Seems a bit hypocritical wouldn't you think?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:23 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;19506 wrote:
So your a Christian but you think the Bible's stance on Homosexuality is wrong?

Seems a bit hypocritical wouldn't you think?

No.
Whoever said that the Bible was Perfect.

Am I speaking to a homophobe?
Are you worried that they will over-breed and take over the world?

Regards
DL
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:36 pm
@DesertDave,
I think Paul is mostly to blame. He was personally disgusted by it, and took a special interest in condemning it. Jesus never said anything about it. If it were that important, I'm sure The Lord would have at least commented on it once or twice during His public ministry. It's sorta funny -- Paul condemns homosexuality, yet talks at length about how much he 'needed' his young, male companions all the time. And let us not forget that Paul was in part Greek.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 04:05 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;19526 wrote:
No.
Whoever said that the Bible was Perfect.

Am I speaking to a homophobe?
Are you worried that they will over-breed and take over the world?

Regards
DL

overbread lmao

no I was playing the devils advocate

as I posted, homosexuality is a genetic defect, like alcoholism. If research and progress is left unchecked by those on the far left within 100 years we will probably be able to find the trait in fetus's and treat it with hormone therapy to correct it.

While I think it's wrong based on the fact that it's unnatural, gay people don't scare me