Fox News

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 10:05 am
i try to tune in when i can to this news channel,more so the O'reilly factor,i really dont' know why i do it,curiousity seems to get the better of me,the "Fair and balanced" and "No spin zone" as BIg tough Bill likes to call it,was wondering to myself why i watch it,do i need therapy :eek::dunno:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,996 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 11:31 am
@scooby-doo cv,
it's a good news channel.

The Ron Paul people claim that Fox News is fabrication, yet point to shaky unverifiable death tolls in the middle east which they admit they can't prove.

Foxnews is just the contrast of CBS news, actually Fox News is more "Fair and Balanced", after all they've never had a major controversy over attempting to to discredit a presidential candidate with made up stories and falsified government documents...

in the end their just to the right what every other media outlet is to the left, but avoid Hannity and Colmes at all cost, those two haven't had an independent thought in years.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 11:37 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40907 wrote:

The Ron Paul people claim that Fox News is fabrication, yet point to shaky unverifiable death tolls in the middle east which they admit they can't prove.

Foxnews is just the contrast of CBS news, actually Fox News is more "Fair and Balanced", after all they've never had a major controversy over attempting to to discredit a presidential candidate with made up stories and falsified government documents...

in the end their just to the right what every other media outlet is to the left, but avoid Hannity and Colmes at all cost, those two haven't had an independent thought in years.

LOL your having a laugh LOL

NO YOUR NOT :eek: :thumbdown:
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 11:42 am
@scooby-doo cv,
well, if they are full full of lies then expose them, if you cannot then I'll just place the complaints squarely into the cubby of conspiracy theory
briansol

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 11:49 am
@scooby-doo cv,
i like MSNBC and CNBC
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 11:51 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40909 wrote:
well, if they are full full of lies then expose them, if you cannot then I'll just place the complaints squarely into the cubby of conspiracy theory

The O'reilly factor is pure blatant right-wing propaganda,far-left this and far-left that ! he has the cheek to slag off the other stations for being biased,when that is exactly what his show is all about.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 12:26 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
hmm, he's very opinionated and his show is "Editorial Style", but as he attacks Bush or a Congressional Republican almost weekly I wouldn't call it pure right wing spin because he does eat his own.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 12:52 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;40902 wrote:
i try to tune in when i can to this news channel,more so the O'reilly factor,i really dont' know why i do it,curiousity seems to get the better of me,the "Fair and balanced" and "No spin zone" as BIg tough Bill likes to call it,was wondering to myself why i watch it,do i need therapy :eek::dunno:

You doubt Bill? Then try Lou Dobbs, on CNN. But then you'll miss half the real news by not watching Bill. And other Fox News people.
Do you watch Anderson Cooper? How about Hannity & Combs?
Just where do you get your news from? If I can ask.
I also agree with briansol.
And my though is all news casts are somewhat bias. You could view FEDUPAMERICAN'S news. lol
Now I am not forcing this upon you nor am I mocking you. Just sharing IMHO.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 01:42 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;40928 wrote:
You doubt Bill? Then try Lou Dobbs, on CNN. But then you'll miss half the real news by not watching Bill. And other Fox News people.
Do you watch Anderson Cooper? How about Hannity & Combs?
Just where do you get your news from? If I can ask.
I also agree with briansol.
And my though is all news casts are somewhat bias. You could view FEDUPAMERICAN'S news. lol
Now I am not forcing this upon you nor am I mocking you. Just sharing IMHO.

obviously linving in the UK,i get bbc and the other home networks,but i have satellite,so i get fox,cnn,msnbc and other news from different country's( in english )
Anderson cooper is on at 3 in the morning over here,hannity and colmes is on at 2 in the morning,so i dont catch them much,but i have seen them on occasions.
mlurp

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 01:48 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
oppps I missed that your from the UK. But that is about the time I get to some of the news stations. I have DirecTV so it repeats every 3 hours so I can get to most of what I missed earlier. I also forgot the BBC, which I try to watch for it's international news. Years ago the BBC could get into places that our news shows could not. I watched it more back then than I do now.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:39 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Perceived bias depends on what vantage point the viewer approaches it from.
I venture to say that all news programs that succeed are biased in some way, otherwise they would all be the same and not newsworthy.
Freeman15

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 01:16 am
@Silverchild79,

Neil Cavuto, Brit Hume, John Gibson, O'reilly, Hannity *and colmes*. ALL of their broadcasters are GOP hacks.

MSNBC has Olbermann, Carlson, and Matthews. Matthews and Olbermann lean left (though Olbermann is brilliant compared to the likes of BillO), but Carlson is way right, right enough to support Ron Paul (lest you forgest Silver, the right wing of America want limited government and realist international politics).

CNN has Dobbs, or God as I like to call him. They have Anderson Cooper and his SIU, who ALWAYS do excellent work, usually with extremely little opinion (in any). Sanjay Gupta is a bit of a lefty, but being a doctor, he's designed to support measures that could potentially help people. I don't know that a compassionate doctor is a bad thing.

CBS and ABC have been leftist for years, and everybody knows it, but they aren't news channels. Of the three major news channels in the US, Fox is the least balanced, and the least fair. They allowed Sean Hannity to claim Paul supporters were redialing their cell phone poll when they KNEW that was impossible (they block your number and send you a "thanks for already voting tonight" message). Fox News has also in the past three weeks aired TWO full-hour hit pieces on Iran's "aggression" towards the West. It is the brainchild of Rupurt Murdoch, a man who also publishes the New York Post (conservative), and soon The Wall Street Journal (sale to Newscorp pending).

The you look at Fox News' panel of "experts". The have Fred Barnes, co-founder and editor of the Weekly Standard, and OVERTLY conservative magazine. Charles Krauthamer, another panel member is a contributor to The Weekly Standard. Then they bring in "expert" William Kristol, who is the other co-founder of the Weekly Standard. And who owns The Weekly Standard? Newscorp.

Fair and Balanced my ass.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 06:58 am
@Silverchild79,

Right, can't be proven, your way, or mine, and your point? Or do you just like saying Ron Pauls name so much you interject non-sequitur statements?

Freeman15 wrote:
CNN has Dobbs, or God as I like to call him.

:thumbup: Lou kicks ass.

Isn't that sock puppet Glenn Beck on Faux Newz™ too? That dude is a tool if there ever was one.
mlurp

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:00 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;41103 wrote:
Perceived bias depends on what vantage point the viewer approaches it from.
I venture to say that all news programs that succeed are biased in some way, otherwise they would all be the same and not newsworthy.

I think I agreed on that already. But i do agree again! lol
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:03 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;41255 wrote:
Right, can't be proven, your way, or mine, and your point? Or do you just like saying Ron Pauls name so much you interject non-sequitur statements?

:thumbup: Lou kicks ass.

Isn't that sock puppet Glenn Beck on Faux Newz™ too? That dude is a tool if there ever was one.

Watch him tomorrow night a half hour with darn I forgot. But worth the watch. Sorry I just watch to much somenights. Very Happy I'm talking about the sock puppet.......... looooool
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:56 am
@scooby-doo cv,
I do watch Glenn Beck, and O'Rielly, and Obermann, and Hannity/colmes

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3931/fauxnewsqo5.jpg
mlurp

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:09 pm
@92b16vx,
If I recall right Beck has a great show tonight. Someone I would want to see. Pastor John Haggie. I think it is an hour show on all this Pastor's views. Sure he will spout a lot but he does have som egreat ideas on the end times. The reason i will watch it. And no after the show I won't go door to door telling others what they need to do to be saved.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:14 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;40913 wrote:
The O'reilly factor is pure blatant right-wing propaganda,far-left this and far-left that ! he has the cheek to slag off the other stations for being biased,when that is exactly what his show is all about.
Can you bring up any cases where your right???show us a case where fox lie, if you can..
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:53 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;41626 wrote:
Can you bring up any cases where your right???show us a case where fox lie, if you can..

just watch the O'reilly factor :thumbdown: that says it all,pure right-wing propaganda.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:56 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;41630 wrote:
just watch the O'reilly factor :thumbdown: that says it all,pure right-wing propaganda.
so you can't do any better than that, i do watch fox and cnn, but i am still waiting for some of the cases you are talking about.