how can i clean rust from aluminum windows in old mobile home
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,525 • Replies: 12
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 02:28 pm
Aluminum doesnt rust, it oxidizes white, not rust red. So, if you have rust, you dont have Aluminum. If its hard to get at, use Oxalic acid in a paste and let it stand on the rustky spots. Wipe off with water and ammonia then paint because the metal will turn dark.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 02:38 pm
I agree with farmerman; you have anything but rust. A good metal cleaner will clean off whatever it is you have. Use oxyclean or any household stain remover.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:46 pm
oooh forgot about oxyclean. that will get rid of any films and oxidation with some fine fibre pad
Hey ci been travellin?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:47 pm
You are going to be sorry you asked.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:54 pm
Our last trip was our trans-Canada train tour from Montreal/Toronto to Vancouver last August. I'm sort of on hold until the end of June 2004, because I'm serving on the Santa Clara County Grand Jury. Been looking at travel brochures though - trying to decide where my next destination will be. Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:02 pm
AW you can get off the Grand Jury, just tell the lawyers that you wanna see justice done to all these perps and hang em high-That is guaranteed to get you back on the travel road to new adventures.

roger, what the hell does tANSTAAFL mean?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:07 pm
Yeah, it's an acronym for something - been trying to figure it out too!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:15 pm
The grand jury is my last contribution to my community in this life. It's challenging, educational, and a priviledge to be serving with many good people in our community. We have ex-managers, consultants, ex-mayor, once had a police chief, writer, biologist, p.i., and some other notables. I'm the peon of the group, so I have to work extra hard at any contribution I make. It's only one year, so I'm up for it. One lady tried three times to get on the grand jury, and was finally able to get on, because a couple people resigned. She was so happy to finally serve. We get VIP treatment to any place we visit on our tours. Otherwise, as individuals, we have no power.
0 Replies

john treanor

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 09:53 pm
home improvement
Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 10:05 pm
john, My manners are also slipping. Forgot to WELCOME YOU to A2K.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 06:16 am
ahhh, sorry there fella, 3 posts, why youre barely delivered. Fear Not Most of us are harmless. And the ones that aint are funny.
0 Replies

john treanor

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:47 am
everyone thanks for your help i realy wanted to say pitted instead of rusted john
0 Replies