Roman Catholic Bishop says: Just call God Allah

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 05:37 pm
FOXNews.com - Roman Catholic Bishop Wants Everyone to Call God 'Allah' - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

yeah and then we should all just follow muslim holy law, just to help our relationship with them

[dr_evil]how bout no scott[/dr_evil]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,500 • Replies: 101
No top replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 05:39 pm
@Silverchild79,
Gee, Silver, it seems we agree on this point, the Bishop should be defrocked.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 06:04 pm
@Silverchild79,
is that the offical catholic term for "kicked down 10 flights of stairs"?
0 Replies

STNGfan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 06:25 pm
@Silverchild79,
What an idiot. What a dhemi(second class citizen, non believer) in Muslim world.

I think we should all start using the Jewish name for God just to annoy the muslims LOL.
0 Replies

SWORD of GOD

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 06:28 pm
@Silverchild79,
That bishop was just brave to admit the truth. Allah is the personal name of God that Jesus (peace be upon him) used to call when he prayed. Jesus spoke Aramaic (not Arabic).

"Oh God" = "YA ALAAH" (in aramaic: the mother tongue language of Jesus).

ALAAHAA (in aramaic) = God

Check for yourself in this Christian Aramaic website Christianity and Aramaic/Neo-Aramaic Church

Also, The original name in the Bible for GOD is not "Yahweh". It is "Allah". See the proofs from Jewish and Christian sources The original name for GOD is not "Yahweh".* It is "Allah"

In fact, Arabic speaking Jews in Morroco and Arabic speaking Christians use the word Allah when refering to God.

Scholars are unanimous in that Jesus spoke the language of Aramaic (not Arabic). What is the word for God in Aramaic? it is Alaah or Alaaha (depends on it poisition in the sentence). For anyone interested in proof please purchase the Lamsa Bible (translated from Aramaic) by George M
Lamsa.

Additional note:

Vatican's New Catechism declares Muslims to be saved

Link: Vatican's New Catechism declares Muslims and Jews to be saved!

841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."[330]

This paragraph essentially proclaims that "the plan of salvation" includes all faiths that acknowledge the true creator. The reasoning given is that since the Muslims claim the faith of Abraham, and worship the one true God, they are not only among the saved, but are at the top of any such list.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 06:29 pm
@Silverchild79,
He will always be God to me.
STNGfan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 07:12 pm
@Silverchild79,
and he will always be a psychopath to me.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 08:12 pm
@Silverchild79,
That particular bishop needs to keep his mouth shut.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 08:20 pm
@Silverchild79,
Must be in retort to Geert Wilders call to outright ban the Qu'ran in the Netherlands.

Hotsalamilickin' my brother.
0 Replies

politically-wrong

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 04:37 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;31221 wrote:
That particular bishop needs to keep his mouth shut.

hey come on pino! what happened to freedom of speech?
got u there didnot i Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy :cavt-126-asard:
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 08:57 am
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;31245 wrote:
hey come on pino! what happened to freedom of speech?
got u there didnot i Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy :cavt-126-asard:

As a Catholic bishop, he doesn't have freedom of speech. He either tows the line, or finds another job.:thumbdown:
politically-wrong

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:09 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;31269 wrote:
As a Catholic bishop, he doesn't have freedom of speech. He either tows the line, or finds another job.:thumbdown:

now we are finding excuses and exceptions are not we Razz
92b16vx

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:20 am
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;31273 wrote:

People in certain positions, such as himself know that they are responsible for the actions and things they say, it comes with the territory of having a position of such respect, and high profile.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:50 am
@Silverchild79,
As a RC Bishop he shouldn't he be taken as speaking for the Church? Isn't that what a person in his position is supposed to do? Shame on him for not representing his faith correctly. But, he's allowed to also have a personal opinion?

Personally, I don't care what people name they use for their personal God, I have my name for him and that should be all that matters to any of us. Just don't force me to call him a name that I'm not comfortable with.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:19 am
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;31273 wrote:

Do your Muslim clerics have freedom of speech? :dunno:
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:21 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;31287 wrote:
As a RC Bishop he shouldn't he be taken as speaking for the Church? Isn't that what a person in his position is supposed to do? Shame on him for not representing his faith correctly. But, he's allowed to also have a personal opinion?

Personally, I don't care what people name they use for their personal God, I have my name for him and that should be all that matters to any of us. Just don't force me to call him a name that I'm not comfortable with.

Right. As a Catholic, he can't say things like that. As a bishop, he's scandalizing the flock. He's going to get smashed by the Vatican, too.:headbang:
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:04 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
He's going to get smashed by the Vatican, too.

Very Happy Good one P...:patriot:
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
Jews used to call him "Ell" before Moses, then Yahweh, Christians just say "god" now and Muslims say Allah

I like "God", cause it's universal. "Yahweh" sounds like redneck draw and "Allah" sounds like somebody trying to speak while yawming. Names are a human invention at any rate
westernmom

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:54 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;31411 wrote:
Jews used to call him "Ell" before Moses, then Yahweh, Christians just say "god" now and Muslims say Allah

I like "God", cause it's universal. "Yahweh" sounds like redneck draw and "Allah" sounds like somebody trying to speak while yawming. Names are a human invention at any rate

Don't forget Eloheim or Jehovah. Personally I'm more comfortable with Heavenly Father.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 04:07 pm
@Silverchild79,
you know for a "timeless never changing" being he sure does go through the names...