POTW: Is Exorcism Child Abuse?

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 09:44 am
FOXNews.com - Phoenix Man Dies After Cops Respond to Report of Young Girl's Exorcism - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

According to this a 3 year old baby was being exorcised in the home by the mother and grandfather. This just seems ridiculous, there are plenty of uncontrollable toddlers in America that doesn't mean they're possessed.

Apparently when police entered the home they found the child in a headlock, the grandfather was "squeezing the demons out of the child's head"

the grandfather died during a stun gun attack by police after he refused to stop choking the child.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 920 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 10:42 am
@Silverchild79,
I voted yes with no protection for clergy

I don't care what any religious book says you can't put 3 year olds in a head lock. That's child abuse plain and simple. While there can't be any charges filed against the grandfather for obvious reason I would say that they should consider removing the children from it's mother.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 11:04 am
@Silverchild79,
Doesn't sound good, Let the grandfather go and take the child from the mother. I could see if it wasn't the childs well being originally that made them do what they did. If they proved of unsound mind maybe?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 11:10 am
@Silverchild79,
sounds like a case of a terror toddler to me, hardly uncommon

Toddler yelling and screaming uncontrollably? Hardly uncommon

Grandpa puts toddler in a headlock while mom chants naked, now that's wierd
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 07:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
Wierd to me and you.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 07:53 pm
@Silverchild79,
no, putting a child in a headlock is weird in a child abuse criminal kind of away I'd think

and the mom chanting naked during this suggest mental illness

remember the 1st amendment only protects expression of religion that isn't harmful to others. That's why we look down on suicide bombers.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 07:55 pm
@Silverchild79,
The child didn't die. as would of happened with a suicide bomber, not that it makes it right.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:06 am
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
Should Exercisers be prosecuted?

Exercisers? You mean like my aerobics instructor..?
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 05:20 pm
@Silverchild79,
LOL come on Socal you don't do aerobics, that's so gay. I mean femalish.

It's child abuse, it's one thing for adults to worship their gods but enforcing such radical ideals on a child is just wrong.
socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 05:35 pm
@Red cv,
Red;31461 wrote:
LOL come on Socal you don't do aerobics, that's so gay. I mean femalish.

It's child abuse, it's one thing for adults to worship their gods but enforcing such radical ideals on a child is just wrong.

Busted....I meant my firearms coach...yea, that's it.
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 05:35 pm
@Silverchild79,
God knows my mother's tried doing it to me plenty of times (the exorcism of demons, not the headlock) and neither she nor the people she prays with have ever actually physically hurt me. That's just sick, especially when it's a toddler like that. Argh. It's child abuse, plain and simple, whether or not there's a religious reason for it.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 05:00 pm
@Silverchild79,
MissDixie that's awful, is your mom one of those Baptist fundies? What people will do in the name of their god can be scary stuff. The worst my catholic Mother did to me was pour holy water over my brow. I wonder if that's why I have a scorch mark on my head.

LOL Socal, I just can't picture you in those lycra shorts doing leg lifts.
I must I must decrease my bum exercise. I do yoga, there my shameful secret is out.
missdixy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 05:44 pm
@Red cv,
Red;31806 wrote:
MissDixie that's awful, is your mom one of those Baptist fundies? What people will do in the name of their god can be scary stuff. The worst my catholic Mother did to me was pour holy water over my brow. I wonder if that's why I have a scorch mark on my head.

LOL Socal, I just can't picture you in those lycra shorts doing leg lifts.
I must I must decrease my bum exercise. I do yoga, there my shameful secret is out.

Red, I'm not sure what she is anymore. :dunno:
And hey don't be ashamed! I've been wanting to get into yoga, it's totally rad.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 10:59 am
@missdixy,
missdixy;31817 wrote:
hey don't be ashamed! I've been wanting to get into yoga, it's totally rad.

Yoga? Not me. Just a combined program of cardio and wieght training.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 06:02 pm
@Silverchild79,
MissD, you have turned out remarkedly level headed despite your mom. Be proud of that lass. Yep Yoga is a great way to work out, I do Hatha Yoga. It's a German style where I do only the extreme positions. Like legs behind the head and standing on my head. There are some great videos out there to get you started MissD. When I started three years ago I could touch the floor with my fingertips now I can touch the floor with the palm of my hand and almost my elbows. I thought it would make me leaner, but nooooooooooo it enlarged my bum agreat deal. I also do the stair climber daily and with that and yoga my behind leaves the room two minutes after me.

Socal, handsome and fit. Well well. I joined a gym years ago and started one hour of cardio and one hour of weights five days a week and at the end of the year my measurements were the same. Weight training does nothing for me, however hauling lumber seems to be working rather well.
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:34 am
@Red cv,
Red;31953 wrote:
Socal, handsome and fit. Well well. I joined a gym years ago and started one hour of cardio and one hour of weights five days a week and at the end of the year my measurements were the same. Weight training does nothing for me, however hauling lumber seems to be working rather well.

Just trying to stay ahead of it. I feel pretty good - 6'1". 195 works for me. No interest in great muscle mass, just tone is fine for me....

Hauling lumber is great weight training, now drop and give me 20.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 06:07 pm
@Silverchild79,
LOL Socal you look short in the picture you posted. 195 is rather lean on a six foot frame.

Okay but 20 of what? 2x4 or 2x6s then there is 2x12s, tounge and groove plywood etc. I dropped a seventy pound package of shingles on my foot so have a wee bit of mercy please.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 06:14 pm
@Red cv,
Red;32326 wrote:
LOL Socal you look short in the picture you posted. 195 is rather lean on a six foot frame.

Okay but 20 of what? 2x4 or 2x6s then there is 2x12s, tounge and groove plywood etc. I dropped a seventy pound package of shingles on my foot so have a wee bit of mercy please.

I was short - I was 5...
195 is not lean, Red - 16.5 by 34 shirts, size 44 suit, 11.5 shoe -

"Drop and give me 20" - Neidemeyer to Flounder in Animal House
0 Replies