POTW: Hold the government accountable for failing to enforce the law?

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:57 am
FOXNews.com - Police 'Expect' Convicted Sex Offender Will Be Charged in Murder of Washington Girl - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I posted this in current events last week.

Police now believe that a man, who shouldn't have even been allowed to stay in this country under law, will be charged with the murder of a Washington teen. The obvious logic here is that the young victim would still be alive had the current laws on the books been enforced.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 758 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:03 am
@Silverchild79,
I voted yes. Laws are passed by politicians who receive a mandate from the public. It is the duty of law enforcement to do exactly that. Enforce the law.

If said agencies fail to do so they should be accountable. Would not an Engineer be held accountable both civilly and criminally if his negligence resulted in the collapse of a bridge during rush hour? If law enforcement is held to a higher standard then your average Joe then then it's only rational that they be held accountable in instances such as this.
0 Replies