brokeback teacher causes lawsuit

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 08:21 am
FOXNews.com - Chicago Board of Ed Sued for Teacher Allegedly Showing 'Brokeback Mountain' in Class - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

you know gay teachers really don't bother me. I personally don't want my kids to know if their teachers are gay, straight, bi or otherwise. What place does that have in the classroom? Unfortunately it's the teachers who fail to keep their political agendas out of the classroom and that is a crime... :frown:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,910 • Replies: 32
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 04:41 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
Richardson said his granddaughter was traumatized by the movie and had to undergo psychological treatment and counseling.

What a joke, no wonder our legal system is so fucked up, screwballs like this fishing for some cash.
leftcoast09

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 11:04 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;15856 wrote:
FOXNews.com - Chicago Board of Ed Sued for Teacher Allegedly Showing 'Brokeback Mountain' in Class - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

you know gay teachers really don't bother me. I personally don't want my kids to know if their teachers are gay, straight, bi or otherwise. What place does that have in the classroom? Unfortunately it's the teachers who fail to keep their political agendas out of the classroom and that is a crime... :frown:

I agree with you 100%. It should not matter whether or not a teacher is homosexual or not as long as classroom curriculum is not affected. Teachers need to refrain from interjecting their personal political opinions into classrooms. Students should be taught objectively and left to form their own political identity.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:39 pm
@Silverchild79,
I think it's more about whether they're ready to hear all of this stuff and whether they want to hear it, and what if they disagree? I know they hear all about it outside of class but it's different coming from your teacher.They should be able to sue for all of that, not just emotional distress, which could be a side effect.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 03:51 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16064 wrote:
I think it's more about whether they're ready to hear all of this stuff and whether they want to hear it, and what if they disagree? I know they hear all about it outside of class but it's different coming from your teacher.They should be able to sue for all of that, not just emotional distress, which could be a side effect.

Frivilous lawsuits clog the courts, and deteriorate our legal system, not to mention the added pressure on an already HORRIBLE education system. On that note I want to sue the school system for teaching me that at the Alamo everyone was killed, yet now the kinder gentler mexico friendlies want to say that they spared the lives of the women and children, I am emotionally distressed by this inconsistancy, and deserve millions for my heartache.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 02:00 pm
@Silverchild79,
Historical fats nd political opinions in school are different.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 02:52 pm
@Silverchild79,
The key is to establish standards of conduct for teachers and hold them accountable. The union prevents this.

Part of the problem is, teachers are, in most instances, responsible for creating their own curriculum (lesson plans, materials, etc...). This leaves students open to all kinds abuse and corruption.
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 04:23 pm
@Silverchild79,
here's an idea

raise teacher pay in public schools by $20,000/year

then republicans will want to be educators too ;-)
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 04:44 pm
@Silverchild79,
Don't be so hard on teachers, they would deserve a $20,000 bons in a lot of cases. They're as professional and have to go to college as much as doctors and lawyers...
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 04:47 pm
@Silverchild79,
oh don't get me wrong, if we could inject an ethics code, and a board which could review/disbar them I would think they should make double what they do now. Educators are the farmers of tomorrows success
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:36 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16220 wrote:
Don't be so hard on teachers, they would deserve a $20,000 bons in a lot of cases. They're as professional and have to go to college as much as doctors and lawyers...

I have only a few college credits and I have a teaching certificate. Only requirement to keep it is get an ASSOCIATES degree in general ed. (within two years of the granting of such certificate.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:38 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;16192 wrote:
The key is to establish standards of conduct for teachers and hold them accountable. The union prevents this.

Part of the problem is, teachers are, in most instances, responsible for creating their own curriculum (lesson plans, materials, etc...). This leaves students open to all kinds abuse and corruption.

but a Bible Party President would not do the same thing to the country?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:40 pm
@Silverchild79,
This entire criminal enterprise is the doing of lawyers. They are responsible. Judges are just high-priced lawyers, cut out of the herd to raise more money for it from the bench.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:44 pm
@Silverchild79,
"I have only a few college credits and I have a teaching certificate. Only requirement to keep it is get an ASSOCIATES degree in general ed. (within two years of the granting of such certificate."

And you live in Texas? I just busted my hump for two years and spent over $5,000 to get certified. What you're describing only pertains to private and/or charter schools, which fall under that mysterious 'highly qualified' clause. Full-up public schools in Texas, in the case of core subjects, don't hire anyone without a Bachelor's and teachers' certification.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
I am talking about HISD . Reagan High School to be exact. Now while I only ended up using it to coach the swim team and an after school martial arts program, I well could have been a Teacher.
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:54 pm
@Silverchild79,
Here is the truth

They can't keep the bedroom their business
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:55 pm
@Silverchild79,
I have never had a teacher talk about their sex life.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:39 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;15933 wrote:
What a joke, no wonder our legal system is so fucked up, screwballs like this fishing for some cash.
Ain't so screwy if it was subject to Christians?
92b16vx

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 12:58 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;16474 wrote:
Ain't so screwy if it was subject to Christians?

Let me get a tissue, poor little christian girl got exposed to a movie about gay cowboys, boofukinghoo.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:27 am
@Silverchild79,
I dont want Gay cowboys in the clasroom.

Gay soldiers or Gay Politicians fine... But not i mena NOT gay cowboys.