Silverchild's thought of the day...

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 12:54 pm
So we shouldn't call illegal immigrants "illegals" because, as some say, it's not right to do so.

Maybe I should let my driver's license expire and just become an "Undocumented Driver", because it would be wrong to call me illegal.

interesting logic parallel...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 796 • Replies: 14
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 01:07 pm
@Silverchild79,
Ok, border jumpers is fine by me.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 10:45 pm
@Silverchild79,
Illegal aliens is correct terminology, just not PC. Undocumented workers is preferred by progressives so they don't hurt anyone's feeling by speaking the truth.
If I didn't have a driver's license and was caught driving a car, do you think the police would look the other way? NO!
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 07:36 am
@Silverchild79,
I don't think it's non PC to say someone is a lawbreaker after they've broken the law
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 05:55 pm
@Silverchild79,
it is if your not white ... Stoopid LOL
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
Is a convict still called a convict after he is released..?
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:26 pm
@Silverchild79,
he should be

convict means convicted, as in a crime

60 years after he makes parole he's still "one who was convicted"
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
Then, it would follow, once an immigrant, always an immigrant - without regard to status.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:16 pm
@Silverchild79,
and once an illegal immigrant then always illegal until they're no longer breaking the law
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:39 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;18252 wrote:
Then, it would follow, once an immigrant, always an immigrant - without regard to status.

I don't think anyone would say that someone that imigrated here, legal or not isn't an immigrant. The fact will still remain that they immigrated.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 02:16 pm
@Silverchild79,
What happened to the term "alien"?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 05:54 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;18245 wrote:
Is a convict still called a convict after he is released..?
Ex-cons is what i hear most. We have some ex-cons on our softball team, we got a running joke with one about where he learned to play ball. We tell who ever asks that he played for California state buy way of San Quinten, LOL. But man the guys got a gun!
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:52 am
@Silverchild79,
I'm all for the word "illegal," but don't really like the terminology "illegal alien." It makes me think that people who use it don't even see illegal immigrants as actual people.
rugonnacry

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 09:11 pm
@missdixy,
missdixy;19858 wrote:
I'm all for the word "illegal," but don't really like the terminology "illegal alien." It makes me think that people who use it don't even see illegal immigrants as actual people.

They aren't actual American People, they are an alien body in our country, hence the word Alien.

Like a germ is an alien body in your body. But lets not get started on the civil rights and PC for germs LOL
missdixy

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 07:42 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20014 wrote:
They aren't actual American People, they are an alien body in our country, hence the word Alien.

Like a germ is an alien body in your body. But lets not get started on the civil rights and PC for germs LOL

Yeah, I do understand the justification for the term "alien" being used, I just dislike it because of it's primary/more popular usage: alien from space. When I hear fellow humans being referred to as aliens it usually makes me think that the person referring to them as such seems him or herself above them.
0 Replies