Friday afternoon rant...

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 01:43 pm
I'm so pissed right now

I have a friend, it's a girl I dated in highschool, she's an anti war liberal but that's cool, her choice.

we always send emails back and forth, jokes, pictures, all kinds of random stuff. I got an email today, one of those powerpoints that give you warm fuzzies about the troops and remind you how important thier scarifices are. So I forwarded it to my friends who weren't included in the mailing I recived it in.

I get a reply back 10 min later

"Please no spam!"

oh no you ******* didn't...

it doesn't matter what your opinion is, your stance on the war, who you voted for (although I don't belive she votes at all). To trade 4654646464 funny emails with somone and then call a support the troops email spam?!?

[SIZE="6"]GET THE **** OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!!!!![/SIZE]

/rant

but I'm still pissed off about it...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 815 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 01:47 pm
@Silverchild79,
I'd ask her, her definition of the term. I bet it's not event close to what she thinks it means. I have a few friends who have responded similarly. It appears she cannot keep politics out of your personal relationship. The problem is not with you, it is her. If you value this relationship IMO you should bring up the topic, If you don't care, give her the boot. You already know she cannot put aside petty differences.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 10:25 am
@Silverchild79,
She doesn't support the military because she dones't support the war

think Vietnam war protests
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 04:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
Or maybe it was an email spam filter.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 04:58 pm
@Silverchild79,
nope, they don't have it
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 01:23 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild - you make me as proud as if you were my own son.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:58 pm
@Silverchild79,
I absolutely support the troops I believe they have a job to do and are told to do it and do the best they can for it. ITs a high risk job that not everyone can or will do. This gets my respect.

What I dont like is when they are put on a holier than thou pedastol.

I REALLY don't like it when someone says that the soldiers are in Iraq fighting for my freedoms.

My response is this if thats what they are fighting for over there then KEEP my freedoms, just bring them home I am tired of worrying about more of my brothers dieing. (Americans are my brothers by the way)

My Best friend Growing up the only person close to me that was in Iraq ( I know many others but this guy is like a brother to me) Has come home and I was so elated that i seriously had a tear fall, And I am getting a bit watery eyed now thinking about it.

Where was I going with this ummm.

End of message
0 Replies