POTW: Should Congress send Bush a clean war bill?

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 10:34 am
Knowing that Bush will Veto the current war bill which contains 24billion in pork barrel spending and a mandatory time line for withdrawal by Sep 2008. And, that Capitol Hill will lack the 2/3 majority needed to overturn the veto (making the current bill already a dead issue), should Congress act in the interest of our fighting man and send a clean bill to the President?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,042 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 11:33 am
@Silverchild79,
I voted yes

the Quality of life of the America soldier who provides our freedom should NEVER be used as a bargaining chip in a political squabble
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 11:51 am
@Silverchild79,
I'm not a fan of the war at all, but we're at the point where we're "pot committed" from a pre-flop bet if you will.

Need to ride it out and hope at this point.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 01:39 pm
@Silverchild79,
Put "emergency" in front of any bill and the democrats start salivating. I wonder how much of the pork belongs to democrats as opposed to repugs? That is why they must drag it out as long as possible. Once it's vetoed it's a dead issue, start over. They don't want that, and reluctantly hold it from going to Bush's desk?
0 Replies