Poll of the Week: Should Rossie O'Donnell be fired from ABC?

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 09:34 am
Rosie has had quite a run on "The View".

In addition to claiming that President Bush is a war criminal for the Iraq war, and the treatment of prisoner's at GITMO (a place she's never visited), she has recently made comments accusing Rumsfeld and Bush of planning 9/11.

Then last week she claimed that the UK planned and was responsible for the hostage crisis which is currently ongoing.

BTW, this is our new poll of the week feature :-)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,012 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 09:37 am
@Silverchild79,
I voted fire her. While I think freedom of the press is important, and enjoy good debates, Rosie has turned The View into a daily special on anti government conspiracy theory.

Anyone with as much as a platform as she has must have a responsibility to integrity. Rosie's comments are unfounded and border on terrorist sympathy

fire her
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:42 am
@Silverchild79,
She is exercisising her right to freedom of speech, and l am exercising my right to not have her brand of negativism and warp values to invade my life, l simply refuse to watch her. I find it is like watching the sinking of an outdated morbid ship and thinking of all the fish who will at least make use of the rusting framework.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 11:06 am
@Silverchild79,
Freedom of speech means everybody including extremists on both sides of any issue.....Negative activism is a technique just like Positivism.
The only people crazier than the ones who think everything is a conspiracy are those who think nothing is
Embracing either to any extreme is both illogical and ineffective and believe it or not I put Rosy in the same category as some of her opponnets on the right ....I wonder would she draw such negative attention if she were drop dead gorgeous and talked about issues in an intellectual
way...even if she were a PH D. no one would notice...You want loud and obnoxious thats what you got
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 02:14 pm
@Silverchild79,
It would be in ABC's best interests to, fire her, although she can say what she wants, but I voted yes anyway because what she says really aids our current enemies by perpetrating lies and half-truths that could be easily considered treason.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 05:28 pm
@Silverchild79,
I vote fire here, because there are other ways to discuss this war, ways that do not influence those brain-dead people who follow these televison programs religiously, taking as truth even unfounded arguments. If she had done this to help americans rethink the war, but it seemed to me that she is just looking for a scandal to increase her audience.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 06:34 pm
@Silverchild79,
No need to fire her , she will sink her own ship soon enough . Even the "brain-dead people who follow these televison programs religiously" sometimes show an ability to see the truth or lie of such programs .
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 08:37 pm
@Silverchild79,
One can only hope.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 08:57 pm
@Silverchild79,
I'm with you Curmy.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 01:50 am
@Silverchild79,
I voted Fire here just because I can't stand her.
0 Replies