The weak lame and lazy in Society.

wvpeach

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:39 am
@Red cv,
Politically wrong

I agree faith based organizations should help more than they do.

But I can testify to you that for every church out there that is willing to help there are 2 that would not touch it with a ten foot pole for many reasons.

Insurance companies are keeping many churches from even running bus routes to pick people up for services now days. I have been told by pastors that they do not bother to attempt to help the poor , because too many people are in need of that help and the numbers would be over whelming.

Churches are big on running day cares now days where they charge the going rate to watch children during the day. Big profit centers for the church, usually one step away from opening a private school where they also make big money and charge big money in tuition. But won't use the facilities to provide latch key kids after school programs because their is no money in it.

The states have passed laws where you have to have family legal persmission or be a certified nursing assistant to even give a old person a drink of water now days. Gone are the days when ladies groups visited the sick and elderly, for the most part and laws in some cases keep them from doing it.

For every christ like church that is out there helping the poor, you'll find many others who have coffee houses inside the church , serving breakfast before sunday services at a pretty profitable penny. they use that money to build huge buildings complete with recliners for their regulars to enjoy the services in style and comfort, instead of feeding the hungry.

If your thinking that faith based services can cure the problem, you would be in for a real surprise. the majority who profess to be christians could care less that somebody in their neighborhood is starving as long as they get theirs .
wvpeach

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:40 am
@wvpeach,
I've depressed myself making that last post.

humanity really is in a sad state
0 Replies