Ballmer blames pirates for poor Vista sales

z0z0

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 01:56 pm
Are you sure that it is not because people are fed up with the stupid Microsoft game?
How about considering people like me that are happy enough with XP and have no plans on spending big $ for Vista Eyecandy.

Ballmer admitted to financial analysts that the predictions for Vista had proved 'overly optimistic' and he blamed the pirates in China, India, Brazil, Russia and other emerging markets.

Ballmer believes that one way Microsoft can bump up Windows sales is to tighten the screws on pirates. "Piracy reduction can be a source of Windows revenue growth, and I think we'll make some piracy improvements this year."

Of course he is ignoring the fact that a lot of people are not buying Vista because it does not offer much more than XP and Windows Genuine Advantage makes their lives a misery. Cranking up WGA might backfire.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 903 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 09:21 am
@z0z0,
I tried there beta versions for a while, had alot of cool **** to play around with. I mainly use my computor for internet and gaming, vista was a bit much just for that. I'm staying with XP.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 09:26 am
@z0z0,
I don't use half the functionality of XP , so I don't think I will buy Vista unless I get a new puter that comes with it included .
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 04:51 pm
@z0z0,
Ballmer is an idiot. Piracy is always a scape goat for Microsoft when something doesn't sell like they want it too. Vista isn't worth the upgrade right now. XP does just fine.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 05:30 pm
@z0z0,
Bang on Brent, Microsoft is looking for a scape goat because the product isn't selling. My computer guy told me not to buy Vista for at least a year because it will take that long to get the bugs worked out. XP is bad enough, I'll give Vista a big ole pass. How, oh how-I miss DOSssssssssssssssssssssss.
0 Replies

Mad as Hell in NC

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 07:17 am
@z0z0,
If it aint' broke.., dont fix it. Staying with XP.
0 Replies