Life Expectancy? The Human

mousy

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 12:46 pm
Vast technology? Abundant knowledge? Still Human life expectancy steadily decreases- Natural Selection??

A Swift procreation rate is the only thing keeping humans around NOT the brain:D
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 812 • Replies: 6
No top replies

briansol

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 02:23 pm
@mousy,
i say extinction.

global warming will cause an ice age, or some terrorist bastard will nuke the world.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 02:37 pm
@mousy,
It will be odd

We're already seeing the backlash from the industrial revolution, and I'm not talking just climate change. Autism is at epidemic levels because of now outdated vaccines, mercury content in our water is causing cancer, so is 3 dozen other things. I could go on...

In the short term life expectancy will go down. World health is like the stock market and we've been doing to well for too long. When health takes a down turn moral resistance to things like stem cell research will cease to exist in any meaningful amount. When we finally come out the other side, after the next pandemic, I wouldn't be surprised if life expectancy was in the 90's. Contrary to the Spock fan club of America we are not however 50 years off from cloning living people and copy/pasting their consciousness into their new bodies
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 04:14 pm
@mousy,
One of the biggest jumps in life expectancy coincided with the introduction of sewers, which greatly reduced the spread of disease. Life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now days the sewer is sexualized:D And beckons humans to play in it
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 04:18 pm
@mousy,
don't forget soap

and more recently penicillin
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 04:38 pm
@mousy,
Certain religious text make refrences to humans living to 1000 yrs of age and older...in a time we would consider primitive

All the obstacles aside, how long is the human suppose to live?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 05:30 pm
@mousy,
certain religious texts also claim that the light from the sun showed up two days before the sun even existed

and that diseases are caused by demons entering the body

you know I have friends who are RNs and a Brother in Pharmacy school, anybody wanna guess how many diagnosis of "Demons" have been made recently, wanna guess how many treatments are now offered at modern pharmacies to treat this Demon infestation that afflicts our nation?
0 Replies