Don Imus

mousy

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 09:24 am
I don't really watch his show but this man has gained so much attention, as I'm sure you already know.....

Had Imus being black I don't believe all this would be happening
Black women are use to hearing negative, vile, and demeaning words about themselves by the BLACK MAN-I don't see African American leaders up in arms:swordfight:

I'm not saying Don Imus was right in anyway but that hypocrisy is realized
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,044 • Replies: 13
No top replies

briansol

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 09:51 am
@mousy,
it's a case of reverse racism, as always, and Sharpton to the rescue, as always.

Chris rock and dave chappelle can say "nigger" all day long, but if a white comedian tried that, he'd never work in the business again.

Imus says something about nappy hair, and all of a sudden its a huge disaster.
mousy

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 11:06 am
@briansol,
briansol;12714 wrote:
it's a case of reverse racism, as always, and Sharpton to the rescue, as always.

Rescue? Hardly

Quote:
Chris rock and dave chappelle can say "***" all day long, but if a white comedian tried that, he'd never work in the business again.

Is it sexism when black males defame black women and racism when whites? Sexism is acceptable you will find this worldwide

Quote:
Imus says something about nappy hair, and all of a sudden its a huge disaster.

wish reparations got that much attention:wtf:
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 11:29 pm
@mousy,
Don Imus look like a burnt out horse..
conflict over:thumbup:
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 08:04 pm
@mousy,
Quote:
wish reparations got that much attention

Reparations get too much attention as it is .
Imus is a dumb cluck trying to gain audience numbers by being outrageous , just like Stern does , as well as some Conservative hosts . Michael savage comes to mind .
mousy

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:07 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;12758 wrote:
Reparations get too much attention as it is .

Yet poverty remains

Reparations acknowledges exploitation is wrong
Exploitation created the United States
Exploitation fuels illegal immigration despite all the logical reasoning against it
Exploitation beckons big business to flee the country
Exploitation has no loyalty nor regards color
markx15

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:24 pm
@mousy,
The problem is the world in general does not know what work really is, neither do we know what to do with our money except to make more of it. That is why we worship it, there is nothing else to do with it. Why should we pay for the lives of people who don't work? If you call 10 hours a day at a job you could just as easly do at your own home. Not to count the employee cut down most companies choose to do every year to increase profit, with the pretense that by making more they can invest more therefore creating even if indirectly more useless jobs that could easly be executed by machines. We need to redefine our priorities, we concern ourselves with our roots, our ancestors, but we limit it to the color of our skin, or the place our families have lived for generations, why not go further to the biggest connection we all have, aren't we all human? Don't we want rights for ourselves? Why do we think that by making someone elses life miserable ours will be better? Not only do we have to look up at those who could undermine us, we must also look behind us at the ones we cut down on our way. Oh tough its reality, well guess what reality is what we make of it, it is what we percieve it to be, personally I can no longer take this **** that for one person to rise up another must be belittled, that is ridiculus. On another note what have we invented machines for if not to relieve us of the fisical labor we deemed was sub-human, they are tools, why not use them as such?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:33 pm
@mousy,
mousy;12789 wrote:
Yet poverty remains, here is the truth

Reparations acknowledges exploitation is wrong on all levels.
Exploitation is all the United States understands
Exploitation fuels illegal immigration despite all the logical reasoning against it,
Exploitation beckons big business to flee the country

Why mousy, i've never heard you speak this way. Well said.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 08:37 am
@mousy,
Quote:
Reparations acknowledges exploitation is wrong on all levels.

I agree with you that exploitation is wrong on all levels , but reparations from whites who have no connection to evils of the past to blacks who are so far removed from the enslaved ancestors is simply wrong in my opinion .
People need to take advantage of all that is available to them to succeed in life and stop demanding someone else do the hard job of uplifting them .
How would we ensure that reparations went to any supposed wronged group ? Don't you realize that your own tax dollars would foot the bill ? Why not pay yourself in the form of education , self help , and work habits ? You would be much better off in the long run.
Any reparations paid would be spent soon , and the recipients would be right back in the same level of poverty as now .
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 01:30 pm
@mousy,
this should be interesting, both left wing and right wing radio/TV personalities didn't want him fired. Why? Because once you start firing people for saying things on air everyone's days are numbered.

Keep an eye out, every time African American ladies or minorities are belittled by minority celebrities there will be a watchdog. I don't think the Al Sharpton's of the world yet understand what they have done to themselves.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:57 pm
@mousy,
Search al's and jesse's back ground, they been getting away with **** for years.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 11:38 pm
@mousy,
I think Al and Jesse ought to be shut down also , if what Imus said was bad , what is the things both of them are known for saying ?
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 01:26 pm
@mousy,
Quote:
I agree with you that exploitation is wrong on all levels , but reparations from whites who have no connection to evils of the past to blacks who are so far removed from the enslaved ancestors is simply wrong in my opinion .

If all that which was obtained by exploitation in The United States was taken away -
:spot: The reaper cometh

Exploitation is the rapist(same spirit)
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 01:35 pm
@mousy,
So my family which didn't arrive here until after the Civil War and spent gtheir first generations as poor farmers and the as second as workers and laborers...owes reparations ????explain that to me....The problem here is simple....loud mouth A holes get attention and people watch them so they get rich...entertainment has become such a religion that it trumps good taste and social empathy
0 Replies