What race is this man??

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:06 pm
Look at this picture. tell me what ethncity/race the man in the picture is??
again this is part of my research for sociology disso.

http://www.eurweb.com/images/articles/200409/ice_t(with-specs-glasses-med).jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,734 • Replies: 21
No top replies

NaterG

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 09:20 am
@the intellect,
African-American
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 10:14 am
@the intellect,
Is that Ice-T ?
Tracy Morrow , born in New Jersey , grew up in central LA. He is African-American .
the intellect

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 03:43 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;4735 wrote:
Is that Ice-T ?
Tracy Morrow , born in New Jersey , grew up in central LA. He is African-American .

ask yourself why do i think of him as African-american???
pigeon-holing him as Black is a questionable generalisation especially with his apparent white skin complexion.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:35 pm
@the intellect,
I believe using some of his own music terminoligy he would be called "nigga". White complexion, where?
the intellect

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 04:01 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4805 wrote:
I believe using some of his own music terminoligy he would be called "nigga". White complexion, where?

err look at his skin colour? It ain't Brown and it certainly ain't Black.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 06:44 am
@the intellect,
the intellect;4813 wrote:
err look at his skin colour? It ain't Brown and it certainly ain't Black.

It ain't brown and it ain't black, so what color do you think it is. I could see if you posted a pic of Michael Jackson, but you didn't. That is a little more of a comparison. As it sits i know who it is and even they claim to be black, or some off shot color. I think he would be offended being refered to as white. Hell he might even cap you, LOL.
the intellect

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 10:08 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4820 wrote:
It ain't brown and it ain't black, so what color do you think it is. I could see if you posted a pic of Michael Jackson, but you didn't. That is a little more of a comparison. As it sits i know who it is and even they claim to be black, or some off shot color. I think he would be offended being refered to as white. Hell he might even cap you, LOL.

I'm not saying Ice-T is white but his skin is pretty much meaning hes probably at least 50% of caucasian heritage. its a tendceny of anyone who is part-Black to say they are Black. Look at Halle Berry and many more.
like colin Powell Ice-T is a very very light-skinned african american. more accurately though is Mixed!!
Drnaline

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 09:00 pm
@the intellect,
the intellect;4822 wrote:
I'm not saying Ice-T is white but his skin is pretty much meaning hes probably at least 50% of caucasian heritage. its a tendceny of anyone who is part-Black to say they are Black. Look at Halle Berry and many more.
like colin Powell Ice-T is a very very light-skinned african american. more accurately though is Mixed!!
So your saying they are not black? Even though he claims his heratige as well as the rest?
0 Replies

the intellect

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:13 am
@the intellect,
YES!

as is the case of most of the African-American population the vast majority have Caucasian or even Native American heritage but becuase of social/historical problems in USA plus th stupid one-drop rule generally anyone who is Black, 3/4 Black, 1/2 Black or even 1/4 Black generally tend to identify with that. Halle Berry is the classic example of someone who is known to be 1/2 White and she does it. I've never heard the likes of Alicia keys say it but she probably has aswell. Tiger Woods is a good example of someone whos referred to "Black" and he isnt even half lack. He has a mixture of Asian, Causcasian and Native american blood aswell.

Plus if u actually look at African-Americans and Africans you'll generally see there is a signifcant difference in colour and even features- hence making it obvious that most "African-Americans" are part White.
Ice-T is so light i'd imagine he was at the very least 1/2 white. and i wouldn't say his features are overly African/Negroid either.

So yes i am questioning whether or not he is Black. If a person is 1/2 White, 1/2 Black they are Mixed race-not Black.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 06:26 am
@the intellect,
I think you'll have a hard time convincing any of them they are not black. So what do you call this new color mix? Coffee, chacolate or some new slang to discribe what you see?
0 Replies

the intellect

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 02:37 am
@the intellect,
-Mixed-Race, Bi-racial, Mulatto. common terms actually u ignorant person. well mulatto is outdated but the other two are common.
If u know a person is of Equal Afrrican and European ancestry why do people like you pigeon hole them as Black.

-anyway more to the point where the hell do you live?? In Spain, Mexico, USA??
Drnaline

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:38 am
@the intellect,
the intellect;4886 wrote:
-Mixed-Race, Bi-racial, Mulatto. common terms actually u ignorant person. well mulatto is outdated but the other two are common.
If u know a person is of Equal Afrrican and European ancestry why do people like you pigeon hole them as Black.

-anyway more to the point where the hell do you live?? In Spain, Mexico, USA??
Quote:
]-Mixed-Race, Bi-racial, Mulatto. common terms actually u ignorant person. well mulatto is outdated but the other two are common.

Ignorant? How often does an ignorant person gets you to tell him he is RIGHT? No wonder you never gain any ground. Don't like looking down from your pedastal. While your lookin down one of us ignorants smacks you in the back of the head. Don't like it, stop doing it. Oh wait i think you said you had me right where you wanted me, to bad you didn't see it coming.
Quote:

Because of there color. Just like if some one is yellow they are probably asian, brown they are probably latin. the list goes on, some thing tell me you don't like the reference some one gave you, to the point that it anoys you into a whining action. What ethic background are you from?
Quote:
-anyway more to the point where the hell do you live?? In Spain, Mexico, USA?

You first. You would figure for an intellect you could figure that out.
0 Replies

the intellect

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:42 am
@the intellect,
A) u r wrong!!

B) I'm right

C) New Mexico.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:44 am
@the intellect,
the intellect;4895 wrote:
A) u r wrong!!

B) I'm right

C) New Mexico.

Ok Mr i don't work for money or use hypocritical oil products.
the intellect

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 07:16 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4896 wrote:
Ok Mr i don't work for money or use hypocritical oil products.

I don't see why u are arguing with ur life for USA.

as a hispanic man i thought u would realise how badly america has treted ur people over the years. they treated hispanics like garbage and still view them as inferior.
goodchessactor

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 12:52 pm
@the intellect,
In the USA census form there is question about race:

What is your race?:

a. White (not Hispanic)
b. Black (not Hispanic)
c. Hispanic
d. All others

When wanting to identify races or ethnic groups for legitimate reasons any classification that serves the needs of the study is ok. In the census the idea is to number Hispanics (a legitimate reason) therefore if Hispanics see themselves as black or white for other purposes, for this specific study black or white is irrelevant.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:05 am
@the intellect,
the intellect;4902 wrote:

as a hispanic man i thought u would realise how badly america has treted ur people over the years. they treated hispanics like garbage and still view them as inferior.
Quote:

What effects the USA effects you, are you not an ally? So in a way you are arguing with your life.
Quote:
as a hispanic man i thought u would realise how badly america has treted ur people over the years.

My "people" Have been in this country since 1678, way before there was any USA. My "people" tend to work for what they want and are not willing to take handouts. My New country has afforded me unlimited opertunities of which I have taken advantage of. How exactly has this country treated "MY people" bad. Do you know this firsthand or is it what you learned from reading?
Quote:
they treated hispanics like garbage and still view them as inferior.

Kinda the same way you feel about Americans, you think america has done to us, strange? If you view me as inferior that would give me a decided edge in a confrontation. An edge i would gladly accept
0 Replies

the intellect

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 12:13 am
@the intellect,
ha ha. i was taking a wild stab in the dark that u were hispanic and i was right!!!

and how the hell do u figure i think your inferior. i've been ripping USA for racism against minorities and bombing arabs. does it really look like i think a hispanic is inferior to a WASP.
the answer is nein.
Unless you were born in Mexico- that changes everything! Itwould suggest you are probably an illegal immigrant.
LOL- only joking!! i never tire of watching the Jay Leno show and seeing his jokes/jibes about mexicans coming over the border ilegally. :rollinglaugh: U have to see the funny side!
Drnaline

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 09:21 am
@the intellect,
the intellect;4936 wrote:
ha ha. i was taking a wild stab in the dark that u were hispanic and i was right!!!

and how the hell do u figure i think your inferior. i've been ripping USA for racism against minorities and bombing arabs. does it really look like i think a hispanic is inferior to a WASP.
the answer is nein.
Unless you were born in Mexico- that changes everything! Itwould suggest you are probably an illegal immigrant.
LOL- only joking!! i never tire of watching the Jay Leno show and seeing his jokes/jibes about mexicans coming over the border ilegally. :rollinglaugh: U have to see the funny side!
Quote:

Wild stab, all you had to do was a search of this site to find that out. You on the other hand are very secretive and not very forward in your answers if you do decide to answer.
Quote:
the answer is nein.

You think america is inferior by your atempt in arguement. You think we are wrong and you are right with and air of aerogance. Even though the only reason you are around is because of us. You believe me as an hispanic have been discrinated against, I'm telling you i haven't but yet you percist? You have been ripping the usa for prejuduces when in fact your country has more of problem with it then us. You also fail to take responcibility for your country when in fact you do the same things you accuse us of? So to answer your question. Yes, i think you think we are inferior.
Quote:
LOL- only joking!! i never tire of watching the Jay Leno show and seeing his jokes/jibes about mexicans coming over the border ilegally. U have to see the funny side!

I was born in New Mexico. Not part of Old Mexico. So when did your family get to europe? And did they get there legally? Are you a citizen? I think you need to start giving in the conversation instead of subverting to off topics. If you think you can, still waiting for your age and a few other things? This is a give/give situation, I've given yet you consistently lag behind. Come on Mr intellect, you should be far outpacing me in philosify at the very least?

This is what's in my site profile.
Biography:
Born and raised in Santa Fe

this is what's in yours

N/A

So much for your stab at my ethniticity but from your other thread make's me wonder what else you'll take a stab at, LOL?
http://www.conflictingviews.com/539-penis-sizes.html
0 Replies