A refreshing break

Drnaline

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 10:15 am
@markx15,
I wrote this a couple of years ago for my wife who at the time was having issues.

My strong women

Trying to come up with a definition of how i hold you dear
something to amplify your stature
how i hold and cherish your strength and compassion,
something a man can never have or possess but may nurture, your strength is in your attitude that over time was homed in a value system tested by time and circumtance
I believe you deem you life a vocation, something that does not end at five o'clock. You quietly take on what you deem you duty regardless of personal gain. Our household, your job, our love life, and our God.
My strong women spreads moral values and her strengths to all she shepards of which she considers he life calling.
My strong women learned early that to compete with men you do not have to become one. She takes pride in her femininety. She respects herself enough to cover her body modestly. She has enough self confidence to know she has much more to offer a man then her body.
She knows it's worth the wait for the right man. She does not need a boyfriend or a husband and never settle's for an inferior man.
My strong women takes life's lumps and deals with in with grace, without complaining or blaming some one else.
To this point i know i could not live without you.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 10:20 am
@markx15,
Great, Drnaline, I'm sure she loved it. All this sonnet-ish mushy stuff from you, I'm surprised!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 10:33 am
@markx15,
LOL, wait till you hear the other stuff, you'll be back to normal, LOL.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 10:34 am
@markx15,
I don't know much of sonnets or stanza's, i just write that i think sounds good.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 10:46 am
@markx15,
Well, they're not sonnets exactly, they have to have fourteen lines, but they're also usually romantic poems like yours and you used a simple four line sonnet rhyme scheme for your first poem.

I have no idea why I know all of that.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 11:48 am
@markx15,
I wish i new some of it, LOL. My work would probably look alot better then it does?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 01:51 pm
@markx15,
Nah, it can be very restricting trying to put everything into a commonly used rhyme scheme like a sonnet. I like to do things like that when writing poetry though, but that's just me. Wikipedia has a lot of information on the subject:

Rhyme scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 06:19 pm
@markx15,
Running till the End.

I didn't want too. you push it, ran away, no where to go just where you've been.
Gentle glow is the lantern i follow.
No reason to fight but I must win, no point just sorrow, I cause, wounded all with in.

Can't cause my way through. You can't win, can't let it happen, my lost cause. I'll fight till the End.

My day long past, so sight of my end. I feel limbo just sinking under, my breath ended up way past it's end.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 11:48 am
@markx15,
Nice. Deep, and yet pithy. I have to put something new up soon.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 12:03 pm
@markx15,
Pithy...good O'Reilly word.
0 Replies