Abortion

markx15

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 09:21 pm
@cranston36 cv,
Quote:
No matter the topic, there will always be dilemmas attached to it as long as it involves humans.

One of the few undeniable facts of life.
Doly

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 11:28 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;9693 wrote:
In your day what do you think the percentage was? I would be inclinded to believe there were far more willing to take that responcibility then not. I think that still holds true today.

On that same thought it is also just as hard to prove the man to be the one responcible. As per the charactor of the female. You cannot assume that the horror stories you hear in the MSM is the status quo. They are far from it.

Lucky? Most guys i know have done what is right by social standards. Not that is stays that way but it is a two way street.
In any case, why is it predominant on your standard of how a male should act responcible as to when and if he should be granted "as many rights as the mother?" Are they not equal?

Is that not within his right? If they are equal? Why can she decide to abort and not he?
I've said before, the ultimate decision is up to the women. She is who will bare most of the burden. But if things are taken into mutual consideration as it has been proven through time. Alot of children are born. Most womem chose to bare children. Regardless of circumstance. A small minority chose otherwise.

Agreed.

I think there were probably about a third that didn't want any of the responsibility associated with the unwanted pregnancy.

With DNA testing it's almost impossible for the man to deny his parentage.

Yes, I do believe they should be equal - equal in responsibility for the pregnancy and for the caring of the child. However, the men who did not want to bear any of the responsibility did not accept that logic.

As far as who decides the issue of whether to abort the fetus or not if the man and woman disagree -- I don't know. That's the real dilemma in all of this, I guess.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 07:49 am
@Doly,
Doly;9714 wrote:
I think there were probably about a third that didn't want any of the responsibility associated with the unwanted pregnancy.

With DNA testing it's almost impossible for the man to deny his parentage.

Yes, I do believe they should be equal - equal in responsibility for the pregnancy and for the caring of the child. However, the men who did not want to bear any of the responsibility did not accept that logic.

As far as who decides the issue of whether to abort the fetus or not if the man and woman disagree -- I don't know. That's the real dilemma in all of this, I guess.
A third, so two thirds were willing to assume the reponcibility. I thought so.
On DNA tests i still say the precentage for todays social standard would even be less then a third. You read about them in the paper being forced to a test but i have yet to meet anyone that actually had to do it.
Quote:

IMO withholding the males equalness untill they prove themselves is i think against the Constitution. If it is a right and they are equal, it is there from the start and not installed after he proves his worth. I noticed you said they "should" be equal. So you believe there is an indiference?
Quote:
However, the men who did not want to bear any of the responsibility did not accept that logic.

Do you agree that waiting till after sex is a stupid time to consider if your sex partner is going to be responcible father. If there was any discrpency about his honor, shouldn't it be brought up before sex? Or is it ok to have fun now and worry about it later. That's what i don't get, most females makes a charactor judgement before they sleeps with men. But it seems maternal instincts is not high on the list if it is there at all. She made a mistake and immediately turns it around to see who is going to be responcible, isn't it too late for her as well as the male?

P.S. I have enjoyed very much this convesation with you.
0 Replies

mystine

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:24 am
@Bean cv,
Bean;8908 wrote:
They obviously didn't want a pregnancy, and took measures to avoid it. Would you still blame them for the pregnancy even though it was chance and/or bad luck that had caused it?

Yes. It wasn't chance and/or bad luck that caused it. It was making the decision to have sex that caused it. "Accidents" can happen, and perhaps a couple that chooses to have sex, whether it be protected or not, need to accept that responsibility. There is a way to prevent pregnancy. Don't do the act that can and will create a new human life.

I do think abortion is okay in cases where a woman is forced, as she did not choose to engage in intercourse, but I would hope she would take into consideration that the life developing within her is innocent. She could always give it up for adoption. I know this is a hard choice, but it IS an option. In any case, government should not be funding abortions.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:31 pm
@cranston36 cv,
There is no doubt that the meaning of responsibility needs to be reenforced, no doubt that responsibility needs to include both partners but government and judicial presence in the process needs to be limited to enforcing responsibility....
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 06:18 pm
@cranston36 cv,
As usual, words of wisdom rhopper.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 08:24 pm
@markx15,
I'm pro-life, but also anti-government. :argue:
0 Replies

scotty cv

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 12:31 pm
@cranston36 cv,
First off abortion is best kept legal for a safety issue. Women will always get abortions so they should be preformed by a medical professional.

Here is a great blog by a med school student who talks about the dangers of another conservative winning the white house.

MedSocial - United We Heal - Blogs
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:29 am
@cranston36 cv,
The girl can't make up her mind.
0 Replies