I NEED CAVFANCIER'S HELP PLEASE

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 02:17 pm
1. How can I make a PERFECT sunny side up egg?

2. When cooking, what's the difference between the shiny & dull sides of foil (other than the obvious) and does it matter which side faces out and which side faces the food?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,048 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 04:36 pm
If you want a nice clean egg, you can heat the butter, add the egg, cover the pan, turn the heat off and let it steam maybe 3-4 minutes. You'll have to play around with the timing a bit, depending on your stove, and how you like the yolk. Foil: shiny side reflects heat, dull side doesn't. Shiny side will supposedly cook food faster. When baking though, I much prefer parchment paper.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 09:40 pm
parchment paper? where do i get that and how would I use it?................how much do i owe for this expert cooking advise? :-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 10:25 pm
Well, as this a forum, no pay is in order, but private cooking classes are $75/person plus travel, should I have to. Wink Parchment paper is heaven's gift to cookies. I do not believe in non-stick, and special "browning" pans. Parchment is sold at practically every supermarket here in Toronto. You may want to check yours. It is sometimes labelled 'shelf paper.'
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 10:33 pm
ohhhhhhhhhh ok uhm...check back....i'm sure i'll have more questions :-)
0 Replies