High Court to Weigh Climate Change Case

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:31 pm
@Curmudgeon,
wow, i'd better plant two tree instead of one this coming spring.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:33 pm
@Drnaline,
You better pump fresh air into them too, or they won't grow.Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:34 pm
@Curmudgeon,
From what i hear they love Carbon Dioxide. In return they give off fresh air.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:42 pm
@Drnaline,
Too much of a good thing will kill them.Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:43 pm
@Curmudgeon,
I'm sure, just like pure oxygen kill us.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:47 pm
@Drnaline,
I think a 50/50 mix would be an improvement.:cool:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:06 am
@Curmudgeon,
OK, then i'll plant three trees.
0 Replies

leef

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:17 am
@tumbleweed cv,
Not to mention that Clinton put the budget into the black, and I could post tons of analysis from conservatiuve economists that point out that Democratic adminsitrations have been more responsible with spending and better for the economy in the last century.

You really should try to be better informed if your going to debate politics.

I just find it humorous that when the issues are something related to God, to which there is no presentable proof, or Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, to which there was no presentable proof, money is never a consideration, and neither is the lack of empirical evidence. Those two issues are the same as global warming... well, not really since there is more proof that global warming is actually happening.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:13 am
@leef,
The presidents new energy program.

Addicted To Oil
Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:57 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Update --
"The global political battle over climate change was also being fought at the US Supreme Court on Wednesday as judges bickered over the role of greenhouse gas emissions in global warming and disagreed on whether the Environmental Protection Agency had the power to refuse to regulate such emissions. "

In an article on FT.com tonight the two sides disagree on several points , one being whether Massachusets even has good reason to bring the case forward , and on the reality of "global warming " science .

I am sure the case will be a sharply dividing one having long effects on future arguments whichever way it is decided .

And this article from Breitbart.com tells us -
At Wednesday's hearing, the Supreme Court's conservative members seemed to recoil at the idea of government regulation, while their liberal colleagues openly embraced it.

Conservative Justice Antonin Scalia insisted that the greenhouse gases in question represent "only" six percent of the world total and that they pose no "imminent harm," agreeing with Deputy Attorney General Gregory Garre, who represented the EPA.

Liberal Justice David Souter slammed the government's contention that cutting greenhouse gas emissions on new US-made cars would only have a very marginal effect on global warming.

0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 05:20 pm
@leef,
leef;7582 wrote:
Not to mention that Clinton put the budget into the black, and I could post tons of analysis from conservatiuve economists that point out that Democratic adminsitrations have been more responsible with spending and better for the economy in the last century.

You really should try to be better informed if your going to debate politics.

I just find it humorous that when the issues are something related to God, to which there is no presentable proof, or Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, to which there was no presentable proof, money is never a consideration, and neither is the lack of empirical evidence. Those two issues are the same as global warming... well, not really since there is more proof that global warming is actually happening.
Do you believe Saddam had weapons of mass destruction?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 05:25 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7589 wrote:
The presidents new energy program.

Addicted To Oil
Sounds alot like the same stuff you run in your car/cars.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 05:48 pm
@Drnaline,
Yea, but I have my own conservation plan. I coordinate all my trips.:cool:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 05:52 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Al Gore would be proud as he looks down from his Leer.
0 Replies