Recovering Ozone Layer

jatuab

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 11:10 pm
I don't know if any of you saw this, but I think it's minutely hopeful. The Montreal Protocol might actually have done something that's pretty effective (besides ridding the world of that crap hair spray).

My Way News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,399 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 08:37 pm
@jatuab,
Hope i don't burst your bubble, but not too long after the cry went out of the inpending doom. Some research scientists did some searching and soon the majority of the science community aggreed. Through evaporation of our oceans there is far more flourocarbons emited then what we could ever possible introduce to our atmosphere. Hence the cry went away.
You would think with global warming and such the ozone layer would be unreparable but yet it recovers?
Darkseid

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 03:06 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Hope i don't burst your bubble, but not too long after the cry went out of the inpending doom. Some research scientists did some searching and soon the majority of the science community aggreed. Through evaporation of our oceans there is far more flourocarbons emited then what we could ever possible introduce to our atmosphere. Hence the cry went away.
You would think with global warming and such the ozone layer would be unreparable but yet it recovers?

Our atmosphere is designed to manage with the flourocarbons from evaporation. But however, it cannot handel the flourocarbons from our technology.

You fail to understand what a balance is and even though one factor might be insignificant it can still bend the scale of things.

Take for instance, soap that can kill 99.9% of germs. There is still .1% that germs can get by.

In similarity that is what we are seeing with our atmosphere.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 10:02 am
@Darkseid,
Darkseid wrote:
Our atmosphere is designed to manage with the flourocarbons from evaporation. But however, it cannot handel the flourocarbons from our technology.

You fail the understand what a balance is and even though one factor might be insignificant it can still bend the scale of things.

Take for instance, soap that can kill 99.9% of germs. There is still .1% that germs can get by.

Quote:
Our atmosphere is designed to manage with the flourocarbons from evaporation.

Who designed it?
Quote:
But however, it cannot handel the flourocarbons from our technology.

OUr population has gotten bigger, as well as industry. India and China to name a few. That to me means more flurocarbons. Why has the hole in the Ozone gotten smaller?
Quote:
You fail the understand what a balance is and even though one factor might be insignificant it can still bend the scale of things.

But the claim of the media and scientists of the time was that we were bending it to the braking point, yet we hear not much of it today. They would rather talk about global warming even though when they were talking of ozone layels this world was supposedly cooling then? So i see no failure in my interpritation. We still have a balance.
Quote:

Sounds like the Kyoto agreement. Just add a few more zero's to your .1 and you will have what temperature we will reduce the effects for the cost of trillions of dollars, while the biggest pollutors get a bye.
Darkseid

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:15 pm
@Drnaline,
I didn't thought it would be that hard to understand what I was saying.

Maybe you should spend a minute or two at understanding what I am saying, instead simply defending your own ego.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:05 am
@jatuab,
Why do you think i do not understand you. I understand very well, i just think your wrong. If it has to do with my ego, what provokes your word?
Lasombra

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:22 pm
@Drnaline,
Slightly off-topic, but did you see the report that came out recently that said all of those ionic air purifiers do nothing but emit ozone?

While high up in the atmosphere, ozone is good for us, down here with us mortals... it's notsogood, and considered smog.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 08:51 pm
@jatuab,
ozone upper good! Ozone lower bad!
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:25 pm
@Darkseid,
Darkseid wrote:

You fail to understand what a balance is and even though one factor might be insignificant it can still bend the scale of things.

That .1% is also enough to reproduce all that bacteria from the time you turn off the faucet to the time you touch the bathroom doorknob.
0 Replies