Gas Price Gouging vote passes

ndjs

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 03:52 pm
Think this will help at all?

FOXNews.com - Gas Price Gouging Vote Passes As Bush Voices Opposition to Tax Cuts - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

The vast majority of gouging happens months after incidents, not during the incidents. I'd say we're in the middle of a deep gouge right now, although around here it's come down a little this week.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,412 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jatuab

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 11:03 pm
@ndjs,
Will it help Americans?
A $100 rebate is ridiculous due to the fact that most Americans spend $100 on gasoline each month. An investigation into the price gouging and record profits will help somewhat if it's actually a credible investigation (unlike most). The openness of the market and the chokehold that Venezuela and the Middle East has on us is what is keeping the prices so high. As long as so-and-so on his $10,000 leather couch in his 50th story penthouse receives close to $300 billion in a bonus, the prices won't go down on their own. We need to create tax incentives for automotive companies that create vehicles traveling over 35 miles per gallon, and we also need to TAP ALASKA!!!!! That's the only quick and cheap(ish) way to solve the oil problem until alternative fuel sources make it mainstream. I don't litter and I pick up trash, but a few Caribou can have their migrations interrupted if they decide the demise of middle-class America.

Will this help Republicans?
The mid-term elections are death sentences for those on Capitol Hill.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 11:48 pm
@ndjs,
It doesn't matter how much crude oil we have.

We need refineries and we need them now. We need to just say screw the minority tree huggers for once.
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 12:14 am
@ndjs,
I just meant that tapping Alaska now would allow us to lay off the communist/totalitarian oil that's costing us so much. I think Jimmy Carter's to blame for the lack of refineries (if I'm not mistaken).
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 06:05 pm
@ndjs,
You are not mistaken, thanks to Jimmy and his ilk. Liberals for the most part.
0 Replies