Ford Motor Company Trademark Lawsuits

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 11:51 pm
Ford Motor Company is threatening to sue companies who use the name "Mustang" in their company name if they do not change their name in the specified time frame Ford gives them which can range from 2 weeks to 3 months.

Ford Motor Company has stepped over the line this time, going after the wrong people. The ones that buy their products and promote their products. If it were not for the very people they are going after Ford would not have it's Flagship car, the Ford Mustang.

What are your opinions on this. Sure they may have a legal right to do this, but should they be going after Mustang websites and Mustang parts dealers?

I say no

Ford Motor Company - Stop Digging Your Grave
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,199 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 11:31 pm
@Brent cv,
This is ridiculous.

My thoughts are found on that thread.
Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:11 am
@ndjs,
Ford probably has the right to the name Mustang , but I don't think they should sue anyone for using the name unless the use is to name a competing product .
Reminds me of something you younger guys may not know - Autozone started out as "Auto Shack " , but Radio Shack sued because they felt the name was too SIMILAR to theirs !
In my opinion they did Autozone a favor , because Autoshack was a terrible choice for a young company that wanted to grow in a nationwide market .
Here
"AutoZone opened its first store in 1979 in Forest City, Ark. the company was called AutoShack back then, replacing "shack" with "Zone" in 1987. The company now has more than 3,000 stores nationwide."
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:12 am
@Brent cv,
It would be different if they were putting down the Ford name or their product.

But they're not. It's ridiculous that they don't want the exposure and attention that sites like Ford Mustang | Mustang Forums for Ford Mustang Enthusiasts give them.
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:09 pm
@Brent cv,
haha, nice plug
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 12:50 am
@Brent cv,
haha, i didn't mean for it to replace the name of the site with the headline.

That **** is Brent's doing.
0 Replies