Ideas for promoting the site?

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 01:26 am
What are your ideas for getting the word out on the site?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,684 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jatuab

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 07:20 pm
@Brent cv,
Perhaps the posting of flyers around my campus?
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 07:21 pm
@Brent cv,
AIM profiles, signatures on other boards...

Posting flyers at school here would definitely get us a liberal crowd if it worked.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 07:51 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
AIM profiles, signatures on other boards...

Posting flyers at school here would definitely get us a liberal crowd if it worked.

lol flyers are a good idea at campuses.. even if they are extremely liberal.. we are going to have to get used to both sides being on here :p
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:53 pm
@Brent cv,
I am not a coder , but getting on to search engines is the top way to get the word out . Meta tags embedded in the coding of your site need to be used to every advantage .
Otherwise , we must mention the site to all we talk to in person and on the net , forums , chat rooms , etc. I have told a few people about the site , but none have joined that I know about yet .
I would put a link on my site , but the focus of it is not conducive to political discussions . As a matter of fact , I discourage political posts there . On second thought , I will put a mention in General Discussion on www.papawswrench.com .
NaterG

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 09:25 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
I am not a coder , but getting on to search engines is the top way to get the word out . Meta tags embedded in the coding of your site need to be used to every advantage .
Otherwise , we must mention the site to all we talk to in person and on the net , forums , chat rooms , etc. I have told a few people about the site , but none have joined that I know about yet .
I would put a link on my site , but the focus of it is not conducive to political discussions . As a matter of fact , I discourage political posts there . On second thought , I will put a mention in General Discussion on www.papawswrench.com .

trust me when I say Brent knows about search engines
0 Replies

ohiosweetheart

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:43 pm
@Brent cv,
1) Submit the forum to as many directories as possible
2) exchange links with other forums
3) the admin and moderators can join vBulletin resource forums, most of which have a "Showcase Your Forum" section
0 Replies