Ohio Dems Seek Gun Records To Harass Gun Owners

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 04:24 pm
http://www.publiusforum.com/2010/06/29/ohio-dems-seek-gun-records-to-harass-gun-owners/

Quote:

-By Warner Todd Huston

In the wake of the new Supreme Court decision on the 2nd Amendment, we have this illuminating story from Ohio and if this isn’t the perfect example of why American gun owners fear detailed firearm owners registration records in the hands of government officials there isn’t one to be had. Ohio’s State Democrat Party recently sent a letter to every county sheriff’s office demanding that sheriffs send them the names and addresses of all concealed carry permit holders in their county.

There is, of course, only one possible reason that these Democrats wanted this information. Democrats wanted to harass these legal concealed permit holders. They wanted to target Ohioans that were exercising their Constitutional right and to set them up for political attacks, they wanted to somehow use the personal information of law abiding citizens as a weapon against them.

Fortunately, it is illegal in Ohio for such records to be made available to the public and that includes political parties.......

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,000 • Replies: 15
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 04:31 pm
@gungasnake,
I would have said especially political parties.

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 04:48 pm
@gungasnake,
Gunga, you need to tag your threads now. It was by luck that I found this one and tagged it with 'Guns'.

If you don't tag this stuff, it will be filtered with the new system and no one will respond (at least no one using the new filters, which I am doing).
BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 05:07 pm
@gungasnake,
Hmm, I am both a Democrat and a holder of a CC license in the state of Florida and both facts are a matter of public record that anyone is free to look up.

I am amaze that such records are not also a matter of open public record in the state of Ohio

Now given that a fairly large fraction of such holders in any state will likely be either Democrats or independents I do not think it likely the local Democrat Party would wish to annoy such holders as a group.

I have no idea why or even if they are asking for such records but so what?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 05:15 pm
@maporsche,
Good point. I just found out how to delete forums, and boy have I been busy. There are forums out there with a population of one thread. Also being careful not to delete something with some remote possibility of being interesting.
electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 06:03 pm
@roger,
I don't mean to digress but who or what is POMS in this tag sequence? Somehow I find this logical chain of concepts irresistible and I hope this tag survives the e-cleanup now underway
Quote:
Forums: Politics, Racism, Feelings, Confederate Flag, Poms Bed Sheet
roger

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 09:29 pm
@electronicmail,
Standard a2k speak for Plainoldme.

That's one forum that is ripe for deletion, in my opinion. Serves no useful function.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 05:05 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
http://www.publiusforum.com/2010/06/29/ohio-dems-seek-gun-records-to-harass-gun-owners/

Quote:

-By Warner Todd Huston

In the wake of the new Supreme Court decision on the 2nd Amendment, we have this illuminating story from Ohio and if this isn’t the perfect example of why American gun owners fear detailed firearm owners registration records in the hands of government officials there isn’t one to be had. Ohio’s State Democrat Party recently sent a letter to every county sheriff’s office demanding that sheriffs send them the names and addresses of all concealed carry permit holders in their county.

There is, of course, only one possible reason that these Democrats wanted this information. Democrats wanted to harass these legal concealed permit holders. They wanted to target Ohioans that were exercising their Constitutional right and to set them up for political attacks, they wanted to somehow use the personal information of law abiding citizens as a weapon against them.

Fortunately, it is illegal in Ohio for such records to be made available to the public and that includes political parties.......

In NY, we were mildly surprized to find that a private firm
has published an incomplete list of all our gun licenses, with names n addresses without our consent.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 07:29 am
@roger,
Quote:
Standard a2k speak for Plainoldme.

I looked "POMS" up on google, I got Australian-speak for the Brits and I also got links to sites on Pomeranians, but Plainoldme's name never once came up. A better search function is needed Laughing
0 Replies

MrDamage

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 01:02 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:
Quote:
who or what is POMS in this tag sequence

In Australia, the word "pom" refers to someone from England. No idea what the bed sheet bit is about though, or even if that is what the author intended.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 03:39 am
@MrDamage,
electronicmail wrote:
Quote:
who or what is POMS in this tag sequence
MrDamage wrote:

In Australia, the word "pom" refers to someone from England.
No idea what the bed sheet bit is about though, or even if that is what the author intended.
There is a leftist poster (posterette?) in this forum who calls herself: "PlainOldMe".

I heard that in Austrailia, the bad guys murdered Crocodile Dundee; true ?

David
gungasnake

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 08:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
As I've read it the real crocodile Dundee refused to surrender his rifle and was killed by govt. agents.
MrDamage

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 07:13 pm
@gungasnake,
If so, the bad guys did murder him
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 08:49 pm
@MrDamage,
MrDamage wrote:
If so, the bad guys did murder him
Yeah; that 's what I 'd heard. Its very sad; I like Austrailia.
I was there once, in Melbourne, in the 1980s. I stayed at the Hyatt on Collins Street.

WELCOME to the forum, Mr. Damage!

U sound like a man of wisdom.

How do u get "POM" out of Englishman ?????

David
MrDamage

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 01:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

thank you Smile

Quote:

It's an old Australian slang term that's no longer in widespread use. The explanations for the origin are diverse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_names_for_the_British#Pommy
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 01:50 am
@MrDamage,
MrDamage wrote:

David wrote:

thank you Smile

Quote:

It's an old Australian slang term that's no longer in widespread use. The explanations for the origin are diverse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_names_for_the_British#Pommy
Does your link imply that the English and Austrailians r of different races ?

David
0 Replies