Deleting Large Numbers of Files

gollum

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 04:21 am
In MicrosoftWord 2003 I can click a file name causing it to light up, then press Control-A causing all the files in that folder to light up, then press delete causing all the specified files to be deleted.

In AOL, I can go to File, then Look in My Recent Documents, then click a file causing it to light up. However when I press Control-A the other files do not light up.

Is there a way to delete a large number of files quickly in AOL?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,715 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:44 am
try pressing the shift key and the down arrow key at the same time. You may need to highlight the first file in the folder.

You could just delete the folder.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:20 pm
dadpad-
Thank you.

Pressing the shift key and the down arrow key at the same time causes the next file to light up while the first file returns to its former unlitup state.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:47 pm
@gollum,
If all the file names are in a sequential list then you can click the mouse pointer on the first file name to highlight it, then while holding down the shift key, click on the last file name in the list. This should cause all the file names between the first and last one to also be highlighted.

If you are trying to delete files in your AOL personal filing cabinet, if memory serves me correctly from long ago when I used AOL, you'll need to click the mouse pointer on each individual file name while holding down the Ctrl key. The shift key method doesn't work in the PFC.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 08:11 pm
Butrflynet-
Thank you.
Both methods cause the lit file to change from the one that is lit to the next one that I indicate, while causing the first file that was lit to turn off and the in between files stay off.

As to whether it is in my Personal Filing cabinet, I don't think so. I click File in the top left corner of the screen, a drop down menu appears and I click Open, an Open A File Dialog Box appears. A the top of the Dialog Box is a Look in box and a drop down menu. I select My Recent Documents and a list of files and I think folders appears.
0 Replies