If you could be God...?

djjd62

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:24 am
wait, are you saying i'm not god Confused
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:43 am
@Krumple,
What if God got Alzheimer ? That would surely surprise Him... No more control, lots of surprises and no way back. A definite forgetting of everything, completely forgotten sins. Or would God have another trick up His sleeve ?

I do not believe an Omnipotent God is sentient in the normal way. CanĀ“t be...
0 Replies

Sentience

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 11:03 am
@north,
But I'm a god. I could just as easily dismiss the consequences and go on as normal.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 01:27 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Krumple,

Spot on! As I have explained to my good christian friend - You should pray FOR your God. NOT TO Him.
(Biblical) God is the lonliest sadiest being that man has ever deludedly designed................. Unless (My version of) God can seperate Itself from the whole and exist individually as all things, and live the lives or essences of such in ignorance of Its true nature. Now there's a thought!

Mark...

We did not create God to be lonely, but to keep us from loneliness... Friends who are not lonely for our company are not friends at all...
0 Replies

Homomorph

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 03:19 pm
@mark noble,
Hi Mark,

Are you saying it may be possible for us to increase our level(s) of awareness to accomplish this in some way, since we are already part of a larger consciousness? I just want to rid myself of this cumbersome body.

The other side is that we effectively control everything we experience, since we are only observing, so I agree with that too, if that's what you mean.

Nice to see you Smile
Homomorph

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 03:25 pm
@sometime sun,
Hi sometime sun! Nicely said Smile
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 03:53 pm
@Homomorph,
Homomorph wrote:

Hi Mark,

Are you saying it may be possible for us to increase our level(s) of awareness to accomplish this in some way, since we are already part of a larger consciousness? I just want to rid myself of this cumbersome body.

The other side is that we effectively control everything we experience, since we are only observing, so I agree with that too, if that's what you mean.

Nice to see you Smile

Cumbersome body??? Get thee to the Y... There is nothing cumbersome about my body, and I am broke up and 56 years old... I don't run all that fast, but I run... I can play volley ball in the sand and some times I fly... I still have some strength and grace, and what is more, I love this life and intend to enjoy every moment of my life... I could cry about my body, but it is the only one I have, full of the only life I have, and God might be bigger than me, but the only way he will ever be worth a **** to me is if he gets off his holy ass and does something... Until then I am taking care of business... And you can pray, but if I see you in need it will be me answering your prayers, so what does that make me???
Thomas

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:09 pm
@Homomorph,
Homomorph wrote:
If you could be God...Would you want to be?

No. As Lord Acton so aptly observed, "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". The "god" character in the holy books of the big monotheistic religions demonstrates this spot-on.
0 Replies

Homomorph

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:23 am
@Fido,
Hi Fido,

I think all current major religions are erroneous because of the general human difficulty with replicating and oftentimes even engaging in logical thinking.

I can't wait to die, personally. But, I am going to try everything else first.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 05:33 am
I think I could do better than god appears to have done on earth. All this kill and eat your fellow living beings seems a barbaric way of sustaining life in this beautiful world of ours
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:48 am
@Homomorph,
Homomorph wrote:

Hi Mark,

Nice to see you Smile

Hi Homomorph!

Your cumbersome body is but a droplet of water in the ocean of being - You (God) will live and die as every single droplet in that ocean - Over and over - forever and ever.

This life, this universe - will come and go - Then recommence an infinite amount of times, with your essence, as always, in the mixing pot. You'll exist as every thing that can exist, including you, again and again, etc.

Eternity demands this: To believe in Eternity is to accept this.

The individual droplet does not control the movements of the ocean until it exists in harmony with the entire ocean universal mind. At this point it realises that it no longer has any sensation it can call its own. It becomes lost in an unending search for its own (soul) and self-destructs - yet again -yet again. And the journey (or cycle) is once again in motion.

To sum up.

When I'm you I'll read this
For, through your eyes will I see
Through your mind, I'll interpret it
And somewhat set it free
I'll likely understand it not
And tend to let it be
But, just in case, I'm out of place
I'll write it Whilst
I'm me.

Have a terrific day, Homomorph!
Mark...
Homomorph

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 02:33 pm
@mark noble,
Mark!

I hope to one day "live" in more harmony.

Nice to have a friend in thought.

Smile
mark noble

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 03:26 pm
@Homomorph,
Hi Homomorph!

If only you could find the happy medium within you (And it is there), You would cherish every life you live from here on in. Don't ask me why, not on this thread, anyway, but - Once a positive is established, negatives are erased (those bridges are burned). Find that medium, my friend - it is right before your eyes!

Have a great weekend, my friend!!!
Mark...
Krumple

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 03:41 pm
I thought about the topic a little more. I tried to get away from the notion that many theists have planted into my mindset. Granted my previous posts stand, that I wouldn't want to be a god because that existence would be miserable, but I could live with that misery, so what kind of god would I be then?

I would redesign existence as we currently see it. I would definately dial down pain, and get rid of things like cancer and diseases. Sure these things do have some aspects but I really don't think you need to torture a being just to have them realize something or learn something. There are better ways. I would also find a way to dial back the global effects on life, such as hurricanes, earthquakes ect. That might require a slight modification in physics or inform humans to ways in which they could prevent these things from causing wide spread disaster.

But mostly after I did those things, i would try to stress having fun. Fun would be the cornerstone to my existence. The motto would be, try to have as much fun as you can have with the least expense to someone else. I would totally bail on that whole love thy neighbor BS. People understand fun far easier than love and when you say, let's have some fun it is far easier to muster up some energy for that then it is to love your neighbor who keeps tossing his grass clippings into your yard.

I would totally not want or request that beings worship or praise me in any way. I would even take steps to make sure that these beings did not praise or give glory to me for their own actions. This is the worst thing to do, because it devalues the person the being by giving away it's accomplishments. It basically strips humanity of being able to do anything good of itself. I absolutely abhor people who say, "give the glory to god" because good actions should be used to empower people. When people do this they basically say humans are not capable of doing anything good unless god gets involved. So undermining of a mentality.

So anyways, maybe I didn't explain how everything would work but that's pretty much the premise. I wouldn't have to worry about these beings worshiping other gods, because you can't get any better than, have fun. If humans tried to come up with some other religion that had all sorts of restrictions and things you had to do, worship, bow, make offerings, say prayers, wear certain clothes, ect, it would totally be trumped by my simple outlook. No one would want to follow that garbage just on principle.

Have fun.
mark noble

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 03:49 pm
@Krumple,
Hi Krumple!

Nice post. I don't think Jesus was directing His "Love thy neighbour" principle at just the people next door though. I believe it was a generalism.

Mark...
Krumple

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 03:55 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Krumple!

Nice post. I don't think Jesus was directing His "Love thy neighbour" principle at just the people next door though. I believe it was a generalism.

I know, but the point I was trying to make is, people don't understand love, it is very foreign to many. However; even as a kid you understand what fun is. So it is much easier to stress fun, than it is to stress love. So I place more value on having fun than trying to love. Not to mention I still think love is fickle and quite petty of an emotion. Just have fun because it includes a lot of emotions. Joy is far better than love in my opinion, but i know most do not agree with me on that.
mark noble

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 03:59 pm
@Krumple,
Hi Krumple!

Have you read my poem "Sheep"?

Quote from - "Instead of just living for 'fun'".

My sentiments exactly...

Mark...
Homomorph

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 04:13 pm
@Krumple,
Beautiful. I wish others ( many "theists") could so easily question their mindset on this topic too.
0 Replies

Homomorph

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 04:16 pm
@mark noble,
Thanks, Mark. Smile

I would like to discuss this further sometime.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 04:23 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Krumple!

Have you read my poem "Sheep"?

Quote from - "Instead of just living for 'fun'".

My sentiments exactly...

Mark...

I don't think I saw it, to be honest I usually skip over the poetry stuff. If it is a story, I'll read them but poems just don't do anything for me any more. I think it's because they don't feel direct enough.

But if you want to give me the link to that poem, I'll check it out...