I'm a drug store truck drivin' man

Rockhead

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 10:05 pm
@dyslexia,
nothing is ever what it was.

you need a hopped up three wheel weasel scooter and an air horn. twice as much fun, and you are less likely to go to jail...

hugs.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 10:12 pm
@Rockhead,
actually I probably need a mobility scooter. (with training wheels)
Pangloss

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 10:12 pm
@dyslexia,
http://keetsa.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/segway-vc-2.jpg
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 02:59 am
{{{{{{{{{{ Dys }}}}}}}}}}

I love you.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 03:08 am
well you aint gettin a hug from me.

would a firm hanshake do?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 03:15 am
I'm glad that I've got a couple of photos ... and good memories ...
Mame

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:47 am
Hey, that's SAD, dys! Sad day, indeed.

I have a couple of pictures of it - I think they might be on that thread about our visit...I would have loved to have had you drive me around in it - instead you made me go with Walter.

I remember when I had to get rid of my 63 Stratochief Smile I had that thing for 10 yrs and it was such fun to drive.

{{{{hugs to you, dys}}}}
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:58 am
@dyslexia,
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:31 pm
I was thinking about you and your Porche today, dys, and I coined a new phrase to use in my own life: Packing the Porche.

Our big neighborhood garage sale is this weekend so I started digging through stuff today looking for things to get rid of. Of course, I came across mobs and piles of studio photo stuff. Serious photo gear.

I haven't really done any studio work since just after Mo moved in. Actually, I haven't been working much at all lately because, like me, my camera is feeling it's age.

Anyhow.....

I've decided to price it to sell hoping that someone can make good use of it and I called this process "packing the Porche".
dyslexia

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:57 pm
@boomerang,
odd in an odd sorta way, Diane's son was just here for a 2 week vacation and he's a wanna be photog. I gave him my Canon F=1 with a few lenses, I had already given away both of my pentax medium format bodies with a case of lenses/filers.
boomerang

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:22 pm
@dyslexia,
Is he shooting film!!!!? (Picture me with little hearts floating out of my head.)

I love anyone who takes the time to learn that skill anymore. I'm disgruntled about the state of photography these days where it seems that anyone and everyone is a photographer.

I'm keeping my cameras and guess what -- I have a Canon F-1 and a medium format Pentax (a 645) too!

I'm sending you a PM......
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:13 am
Well, I read your answer, Dys, about all the coming to the realization crap and all the while I thinking, boy, I bet he really screwed over whoever bought that buckets of bolts.

I bet you're grinning as you sweep the oil-dry across the last of the drip-spots made by that thing.

Joe(second largest oil spill in the West)Nation
roger

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 01:19 pm
@Joe Nation,
Porsche is made in England? Who knew?
djjd62

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 01:20 pm
@roger,
my porch was made in the front yard, and all the lumber is canadian
roger

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 01:31 pm
@djjd62,
In that case, oil leaks are optional.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 01:36 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, Mame, would anyone who has pics of the porsche post them here?

This could be the Porsche Posterity thread. It was an important part of our lives even though we never got to use it as much as planned.

Photos will help bring back the memories before they fade into a lovely blur.
Pangloss

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:03 pm
Sporty cars are just...fun to drive. Trucks, not so much. Just makes it enjoyable to get behind the wheel of a tight-handling car with a stick shift and at least 200hp...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:33 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Nothin beats a Toyota truck. You're too old to drive a Porsche

Absolute HOGWASH!!

You have my deepest condolences dear dyslexia! Sad \

I don't suppose you'll get weekend visitation rights, non?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:35 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

my porch was made in the front yard, and all the lumber is canadian

I assume you don't measure up in terms of horsepower but say raccoon or squirrel or field mice power?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:56 pm
@Diane,
http://i50.tinypic.com/2wbyzuu.jpg

I'm sure that I've got some showing it in the garage (taken the year before) but ...
0 Replies