Sue McDonald's over Happy Meal Toys

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 03:10 pm
So your kid begs you for a happy meal because he needs the newest coolest junk of a toy advertised that you can only get in a happy meal. Being the sucker of a parent you get it for him and keep getting more and more for him. Then you are shocked when he is overweight. Solution sue McDonalds!

"The Center for Science in the Public Interest says they are. The Washington-based consumer advocacy group threatened to file a lawsuit against McDonald's Tuesday, charging that the fast food chain "unfairly and deceptively" markets the toys to children.

"McDonald's marketing has the effect of conscripting America's children into an unpaid drone army of word-of-mouth marketers, causing them to nag their parents to bring them to McDonald's," CSPI's Stephen Gardner wrote to the heads of the chain in a letter announcing the lawsuit."

Has anyone ever heard of saying No to their child? Or explaining about deceptive advertising?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,561 • Replies: 3
No top replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 07:06 pm
My kids seldom ate at McDonald's. I just said that I couldn't afford it. They were generally disappointed in the toys anyway.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 07:40 pm
@Linkat,
Parents are assume not to be able to say no to their kids so big brother is there to protect your kids.
engineer

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 08:19 pm
@BillRM,
That's the actual argument they are using: Parents are too weak to stop children from pestering them. Completely insane. I hope they have to pay McD's court costs.
0 Replies