If people aren't allowed to urinate in public, why do dogs get to?

stevecook172001

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:18 am
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

If I'm walking barefoot down the street and I step in a puddle of urine I'm not going to give a damn whether it's a person's or a dog's. I'm going to scream like something that screams a lot, then I'm going to get mad. I might even shout out a cuss word. You know what I'm saying. Urine's urine. And stepping in it is disgusting.

Even with shoes on, a person could walk through a puddle of dog urine out on the street and end up tracking it on the bottom of your shoe into your own house. You might end up getting some stranger's dog's urine on your kitchen floor, and then just imagine if you had a toddler crawling all over the place, and who likes to lick things, like chairs, furniture, the kitchen floor...I shudder to think of the possibilities. But I digress.

I see two solutions to the problem.

I think we need to either

A) allow people to piss in the streets

or

B) ban public canine urination.

I'm going with B, of course. It's the human thing to do.

Whose side are YOU on?

Dogs aren't responsible for their actions

Humans are.

You seem to have seperated these two phenomena of pissing in the street erroneously.

In both cases of the banning of human and/or dog urination, you are, in fact, talking about the human responsibility for the occurence of both.
Fido

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 07:02 am
@stevecook172001,
Can anyone believe that were it not illegal that people would be forced in some way to endure the indignity of going where the urge required it??? If pissing were legal it would be encouraged much as paid public restrooms force the situation in large cities until in the heat in some quarters makes breath impossible... If it is illegal then people can demand some facilities, and if indignity is made legal there is no limit to the amount of humiliation the poor will be forced to endure... Civilization demands some niceties, like the baths of Rome... Leave to the young and ignorant to behave as savages, but do not encourage such behavior...
stevecook172001

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 07:07 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Can anyone believe that were it not illegal that people would be forced in some way to endure the indignity of going where the urge required it??? If pissing were legal it would be encouraged much as paid public restrooms force the situation in large cities until in the heat in some quarters makes breath impossible... If it is illegal then people can demand some facilities, and if indignity is made legal there is no limit to the amount of humiliation the poor will be forced to endure... Civilization demands some niceties, like the baths of Rome... Leave to the young and ignorant to behave as savages, but do not encourage such behavior...

Funnily enough, it was illegal to not piss in publicly designated areas in parts of England in the past.

A necessary ingredient in various products apparently.....
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 11:13 am
What about all the other creatures that pee on the sidewalk. The worst offenders birds. I say make it illegal for the birds as well.
roger

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 12:46 pm
@Linkat,
Good point. Even bird dogs don't fly over your head.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 12:51 pm
@Linkat,
Don't even get me started on the damn birds. They should all be shot on site, just for being birds.
kickycan

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 12:53 pm
@stevecook172001,
stevecook172001 wrote:

kickycan wrote:

If I'm walking barefoot down the street and I step in a puddle of urine I'm not going to give a damn whether it's a person's or a dog's. I'm going to scream like something that screams a lot, then I'm going to get mad. I might even shout out a cuss word. You know what I'm saying. Urine's urine. And stepping in it is disgusting.

Even with shoes on, a person could walk through a puddle of dog urine out on the street and end up tracking it on the bottom of your shoe into your own house. You might end up getting some stranger's dog's urine on your kitchen floor, and then just imagine if you had a toddler crawling all over the place, and who likes to lick things, like chairs, furniture, the kitchen floor...I shudder to think of the possibilities. But I digress.

or

Whose side are YOU on?

Humans are.

You seem to have seperated these two phenomena of pissing in the street erroneously.

In both cases of the banning of human and/or dog urination, you are, in fact, talking about the human responsibility for the occurence of both.

I'm not sure, but I think you're trying to tell me that you are one of those people who are on the side of the DOGS. Fine, you and the dogs go live in the fields where piss is everywhere and you can all be happy! And that goes for all the others of you on this thread that can't see simple reason!

Power to the PEOPLE!
Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:30 pm
@kickycan,
Just to get you thinking a bit more....

What about swimming in the ocean and......whales
0 Replies

stevecook172001

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:42 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

stevecook172001 wrote:

kickycan wrote:

or

Whose side are YOU on?

Humans are.

I'm not sure, but I think you're trying to tell me that you are one of those people who are on the side of the DOGS. Fine, you and the dogs go live in the fields where piss is everywhere and you can all be happy! And that goes for all the others of you on this thread that can't see simple reason!

Power to the PEOPLE!

I'm not on anyone's side. I am merely pointing out that the problem of dogs pissing in streets is not the responsibility of dogs. They are incapable of taking that responsibility on. The responsibility lies with the humans who are looking after them. Thus, the moral issue resides with humans in the case of both dogs or humans pissing in the street. Holding a dog morally responsible for pissing in the street is like holding a rock morally responsible for rolling down a hill.
kickycan

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 06:02 pm
@stevecook172001,
Ah, I see now. But I'm not doing that. I have already posted a solution that has nothing to do with the dogs themselves, as you can see here.

kickycan wrote:

Okay, well how about their owners have to follow them around with a shop-vac or a towel and clean up the offending urine each time the dog does his business? That way the dog gets to do what comes natural and the streets are clean! Problem solved.

See, the onus is on the human.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:27 pm
I think both people and dogs have onuses. Both are very near where the urine comes out.
~~
People, you don't know what it's like to be on the town with Kicky. There you are trying to have a nice five or sixth Corona and maybe get at least a smile out those two Persian looking girls and having to contend with Kicky complaining about the sawdust that's getting lodged between his naked toes and wondering out loud (really loud) whether the wetness he is feeling is beer or pee.

I usually get up and put more money in the juke box at that point.

Joe(but he's always still there when I come to sit back down)Nation
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 01:24 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Urine: The body's own health drink?

Some claim it cures everything from colds to cancer, while stranded hiker Paul Beck drank nothing else for six days and survived. So does urine have genuine health benefits? Maxine Frith investigates

Paul Beck was a desperate man, re-drinking your own urine is not good or bad but the salt and mineral content of urine gets higher each time you re-drink. Numerous sources advise against it. If you are in a survival situation you are peeing out the water and retaining salt. For the first fifteen minutes after ingestion of any fluid, the thirst seems to be quenched, but in the case of urine and other salty liquid, after the body has absorbed the fluid, the thirst returns, stronger, due to the salt.
Drinking your own urine once or twice I can understand, but drink it for health .
Confused
roger

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 01:28 am
@Philis,
Well, now there you go, kicky! You're padding along through a lush field of health food.
0 Replies

donutsaremadeofdough

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2020 02:13 am
@kickycan,
Public urination should be legal and facilitated in a logical way not in tandem with emotional predispositions to the visibility of a penis, ass, or other genitalia. If not, then **** dogs peeing and shitting in public. At least let both parties continue going about their business in public until all dogs die off, taking into account that all get neutered. If we keep the dogs then we come up with solutions but either nobody or everybody gets fined, I pay taxes, dogs don't. I love dogs-outside.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2020 02:15 am
@donutsaremadeofdough,
donutsaremadeofdough wrote:

I love dogs-outside.

Ugh.
0 Replies