If people aren't allowed to urinate in public, why do dogs get to?

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 11:45 pm
If I'm walking barefoot down the street and I step in a puddle of urine I'm not going to give a damn whether it's a person's or a dog's. I'm going to scream like something that screams a lot, then I'm going to get mad. I might even shout out a cuss word. You know what I'm saying. Urine's urine. And stepping in it is disgusting.

Even with shoes on, a person could walk through a puddle of dog urine out on the street and end up tracking it on the bottom of your shoe into your own house. You might end up getting some stranger's dog's urine on your kitchen floor, and then just imagine if you had a toddler crawling all over the place, and who likes to lick things, like chairs, furniture, the kitchen floor...I shudder to think of the possibilities. But I digress.

I see two solutions to the problem.

I think we need to either

A) allow people to piss in the streets

or

B) ban public canine urination.

I'm going with B, of course. It's the human thing to do.

Whose side are YOU on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 16 • Views: 7,855 • Replies: 34
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 11:48 pm
Quote:
A) allow people to piss in the streets

Thats what used to happen before indoor plumbing.
0 Replies

IceB0x

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 01:12 am
@kickycan,
Dogs get to because many are outside dogs. Expecting an outside dog to never urinate ouside seems a bit rude, don't you think? Many dogs are not smart enough to urinate inside. What would you have them do, litter box? Or you rather they lift the toilet seat and flush when they're done? Hehe, I'm for A.
Philis

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:27 am
@kickycan,
Who says you can't piss in the street, just don't get caught.
Japanese piss in the street frequently, in Japan.
I bet you can pee in the street in many other cultures. Not every culture has convenient restrooms.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 03:17 am
@IceB0x,
Okay, well how about their owners have to follow them around with a shop-vac or a towel and clean up the offending urine each time the dog does his business? That way the dog gets to do what comes natural and the streets are clean! Problem solved.
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 05:45 am
@kickycan,
one word
DOGGIE_DIAPERS
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 05:46 am
@farmerman,
well, technically that was actually two words, but you get the point.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 06:08 am
@IceB0x,

http://s3.amazonaws.com/bzzagent-bzzscapes-prod/official-potty-patch-website-lrg.png
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:05 am
@kickycan,

How about Port-a-Potties for canines?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 08:43 am
@IceB0x,
IceB0x wrote:

Dogs get to because many are outside dogs. Expecting an outside dog to never urinate ouside seems a bit rude, don't you think? Many dogs are not smart enough to urinate inside. What would you have them do, litter box? Or you rather they lift the toilet seat and flush when they're done? Hehe, I'm for A.

Cats pee in the bathtub, so why not dogs?
IceB0x

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:37 am
@kickycan,
A shop-vac in one hand and a leash in the other. You're silly, kickycan. I can understand why it's a problem. I don't think that urine in a street is a large deal with everything else going on in the streets.
0 Replies

IceB0x

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:38 am
@Miller,
Haha, Miller. I don't think I'd want canine urine in my bathtub.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:44 am
I think you're making a big deal out of urine. I could be wrong, but I think there's nothing in it that will make you sick. Gross it may be..... I think humans aren't supposed to pee in the street because of the puritanical quest to eradicate nudity in every possible way, and the human sense to want to be away from things that smell bad.

But I am answering seriously and you're kicky.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:48 am
@kickycan,
People usually have superior intellect than dogs. People can urinate at home, or find a public toilet, dogs can't really do the same, sure if the owner is intelligent enough to raise the dog to actually uniate at home in the toilet, which few owners has achived.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:51 am
@kickycan,
Wear shoes. They make some that you don't even have to learn about laces.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 12:06 pm
@kickycan,
why are you wearing your outside shoes into your home?

freak

best kind of freak

but

freak
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 12:29 pm
Littlek nailed it I think.

Its yet another way society's distanced itself from its biological basis. The "it's gross I don't wanna see it"-argument can't work here - its seen as gross precisely because you haven't been seeing it.
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades phil

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 12:59 pm
Free to Pee

To Pee is my birth-right
To pee in the streets is my compulsion.
To pee in the pot is an awful energy consuming duty.
Dogs should be allowed to pee anywhere they wish, includng on my car tyre.
Dogs should be free to pee.

Those who detest stamping on pee should either wear high soled boots, and not walk bare foot.
Or else, leave urbanity and leave in farm.
0 Replies

IceB0x

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 04:05 pm
@kickycan,
Simply wearing shoes while in the street [which you should anyway] as well as taking your dirty shoes off before you enter the house or at the door will completely save all your problems. If you don't want to smell the urine on them, leave them outside. I'm sure urine is not coming in waves of flooding where you live. Stop worrying!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 04:40 pm
Urine: The body's own health drink?

Some claim it cures everything from colds to cancer, while stranded hiker Paul Beck drank nothing else for six days and survived. So does urine have genuine health benefits? Maxine Frith investigates