After the Merger: A Mirror

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:11 pm
I've been having too much fun meeting and observing our new neighbors. I started wondering if forums take on tribal roles, and if we act them out. If so, then the possibility exists that if two tribes would meet, the people who fill the roles for each community respectively may have an opportunity to see themselves in the third person. It could provide a sort of road map for introspection.

Here's my question (although, it might be too early to be able to answer): Would ego get in the way?

We see ourselves as one thing, so would we recognize ourselves or our behaviors if we saw them in another person?

A
R
T
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 3,448 • Replies: 22
No top replies

GoshisDead

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:39 pm
@failures art,
could learn a lot about a person from an honest answer to this question. I will have to think about how to answer as not to reveal too much of my true agenda but still sound sincere, bwhahahahahaha --- in case you couldn't tell, that was a sinister laugh.
msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:01 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
We see ourselves as one thing, so would we recognize ourselves or our behaviors if we saw them in another person?

A little more introspection than I really want to indulge in today, Art.
Maybe another day? Smile
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:08 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:

could learn a lot about a person from an honest answer to this question. I will have to think about how to answer as not to reveal too much of my true agenda but still sound sincere, bwhahahahahaha --- in case you couldn't tell, that was a sinister laugh.

LOL
I would like to nominate GoshisDead as a potential honorary Australian. I believe he would be an asset alongside patiodog and the others.
Of course if accepted he will need to serve the obligatory 12 month probationary period after which time we shall allow him to view our plan for OZ takeover of A2K.
GoshisDead

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:14 pm
@dadpad,
now that is some high praise
msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:21 pm
@GoshisDead,
It certainly is!
I hope you're properly appreciative, Gosh! Smile
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:24 pm
@GoshisDead,
Dont let it go to your head Dead.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:26 pm
@dadpad,
I think somebody needs to show him where the irony/satire icon is...

Wink
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 12:37 am
@dadpad,
I figure it better than being voted an honorary Canadian
djjd62

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 01:06 am
@GoshisDead,
really?

oh well more back bacon, maple syrup and beer for the rest of us

Razz
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 01:21 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

GoshisDead wrote:

LOL
I would like to nominate GoshisDead as a potential honorary Australian. I believe he would be an asset alongside patiodog and the others.
Of course if accepted he will need to serve the obligatory 12 month probationary period after which time we shall allow him to view our plan for OZ takeover of A2K.

I second the proposal!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 01:24 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

I've been having too much fun meeting and observing our new neighbors. I started wondering if forums take on tribal roles, and if we act them out. If so, then the possibility exists that if two tribes would meet, the people who fill the roles for each community respectively may have an opportunity to see themselves in the third person. It could provide a sort of road map for introspection.

Here's my question (although, it might be too early to be able to answer): Would ego get in the way?

A
R
T

Often we most abhor the person in whom we most see ourselves.

I think ego gets in the way to the extent that we have been unable to acknowledge all of our personality, wings and warts and all.

Do you see Doppelgangers for yourself and others yet?

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 01:26 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Dont let it go to your head Dead.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

All we can see is his head...for all we know he is a disembodied head!!! Where else could it go?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 01:26 am
@dlowan,
Is Theatatus a little Sozobe-like?
failures art

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:07 am
@dlowan,
I've only seen a few of their posts. I cannot say I've built an image of them yet.

A
R
T
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:56 am
@dadpad,
OK Ozzies - I reckon Gosh could be a honorary Brit too by the sounds of things - course, we'd have to quarantine him for 6 months plus the probationary period and he'd have to get used to warmer beer... Wink

Welcome GoshD - enjoy A2K!

<note to put ice in the freezer for DadPad's visit>

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 12:16 pm
@GoshisDead,
<thud>

and on my birthday too
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 12:17 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

<thud>

and on my birthday too

I think it was a joke.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 12:59 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:

I figure it better than being voted an honorary Canadian

You realize that may be considered as "fightin' words" amongst some of us Canucks here, eh? Surprised Wink
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 01:00 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

really?

oh well more back bacon, maple syrup and beer for the rest of us
Razz

Don't forget the igloos, dj!
0 Replies