Nature vs nurture 3: part 2

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:55 pm
Quote: Parental/people roles
The females pick males they think will be good protectors and providers. Males pick females they think will give birth to healthy offspring continuing their genetic lineage. But what about things that parents teach their children…how do they know when they’ve done their job?

Role of learning
Its funny that parents always can see the child in you even when you are an adult. My mom told me that once and i was like..wow. Parents never stop their job. People never stop their job. That job is to teach. We are always telling somebody something,therefore somebody always gets to know something from us. For example,when we meet somebody for the first time. They don't know us,by what you say and how you act and such. they "learn" about how we are because we subconsciously "teach" them. Maybe they have never come across your type before and so this will make them more knowledgeable just in case they come across somebody else like you. this goes for parents to,they don't just teach their children. They teach their husband through marriage and such. They teach the people they come across on a day to day basis or sometimes it doesn't have to be day to day. Learning is everlasting.

Learning environments
Now with all that i talked about in the last paragraph. Obviously,in order to learn. The environment has to avow/allow it. This is what i was talking about in the "your element" paragraph. If you like to learn or want to teach someone. The factors have to be within your vicinity. Now i mentioned the 3 factors before. There was the people,which in a learning environment would be the teachers or/and the recipients/students of that knowledge. They have a passion for learning which could derive from "nature" mostly. 2nd was the interests,books schools,libraries etc etc. All these would help you expand your knowledge. 3rd is the emotional sync,there is a sort of jumpy nerdy emotion for people who love to read and such. Or there could be the people who think they are the most powerful cause they know so much so their is a sort of arrogant vibe there also. It does not have to be just about learning. Whatever your into, there is a place for you.

Quote: The intelligence factor
Why are some kids so smart and some kids aren't? Is it their teachers? Their parents? Their schools? Or is it just the way it is? Nature vs. nurture?

The smart ultimatum
First of all,nothing is just the way it is. If that was how the world literally worked, there would be no such thing as scientists or those kinds of people. There are a myriad of reasons for everything/anything. Personally,I think its genetics. It's either your smart or your not to sum it up. Even if you have the people around you that love to learn or you have libraries right near you. None of that will be of any use to you if you don't want to learn yourself. Being smart is relative just like any other attribute.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 565 • Replies: 0
No top replies