Nature vs nurture topic 3, part 1:

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:51 pm
I have realized that when i think about this question. There are two parts to what i call a humans equation. Obviously,its genetics and surroundings. The thing is though,is there anything more?? I mean,what if we are overlooking something vital,something that could be the key to the lock on who we are. That is what i have realized about the world,there is so much more to everything. The real bees-knees is out there somewhere and we are not seeing it.

A closer look
What if there is something within the 2 parts that make up the genetic equation? What i mean is,there could be something within the environment that forms our personalities. We already know that the genetic make up is with DNA and proteins and all that. The only thing to turn to now is the environment. When i think of the environment. There is an abundance of thoughts that come to my mind.

Environment
Lets look at the environment a bit more closely. In my earlier essays. I have talked about what is inside an environment that brings out certain aspects of our personalities, or that sometimes our environment does not permit us to be ourselves,therefore we hide or find another one thats suits us. Now with all of this in mind,lets try to add more. We have looked at what the environment does not hold. What about the environments that do allow you to express yourself?

Your element
When we talk about the environments that liberate you from the confines of your mind. We come to something called elements. Obviously,when you are in your element. It is where you are defined. It is the place that brings out the best in you. Within this place,there should be a couple of factors for you. First,there should be the people that are somewhat like you. If there is no one around that shares your interest then you are more then likely to get rejected by that social circle. 2nd,there should be the interests themselves. If you like games,i would recommend an arcade of some sort. If you like basketball,i am sure you go to the local park and play a lot. 3rd,the emotional connection has to be the same. We all feel sometimes that if we are in a certain place and other people are really preppy and such and we are the opposite. They do not know how to deal with that cause they do not have a reference. Their whole life has been one big party. These 3 factors are the most vital part of your so called "utopia".

Quote: Parental/people roles
The females pick males they think will be good protectors and providers. Males pick females they think will give birth to healthy offspring continuing their genetic lineage. But what about things that parents teach their children…how do they know when they’ve done their job?

Role of learning
Its funny that parents always can see the child in you even when you are an adult. My mom told me that once and i was like..wow. Parents never stop their job. People never stop their job. That job is to teach. We are always telling somebody something,therefore somebody always gets to know something from us. For example,when we meet somebody for the first time. They don't know us,by what you say and how you act and such. they "learn" about how we are because we subconsciously "teach" them. Maybe they have never come across your type before and so this will make them more knowledgeable just in case they come across somebody else like you. this goes for parents to,they don't just teach their children. They teach their husband through marriage and such. They teach the people they come across on a day to day basis or sometimes it doesn't have to be day to day. Learning is everlasting.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 515 • Replies: 0
No top replies