Nature vs nurture Topic 1: part 2

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:41 pm
Another quote that i find interesting is one i found on cosmos magazine website. I started to think about siblings and how they are somewhat disassociated when they come out. Are,nt they supposed to like come out exactly the same? They germinate from the same parents and all. There should not be any difference but there is. Not being the same within itself is great,all i am saying is that there is supposed to be a sort of uniform-like natural order within siblings. There is alot to think about when looking at this. This could explain why we are all different; why not 2 people are exactly the same. Thats really why i like the quote that i am about to show you; it poses the question of why we are so different. Maybe this could be a new breakthrough in the love section or anybody who studies pheromones and the whole love chemistry process. Why the divorce rate is high amongst other things related to love.

"I find it hard to believe that anyone who's had two children does not believe in the influence of genes. The second child comes into the same environment as the first, but has an entirely different approach to the world. And yet there are obvious similarities too, because they have shared genes. We actually ought to be more similar, but because our genes are scrambled in sexual reproduction we get a unique deal of the cards"

As I mentioned in the last paragraph,i really like this quote because of the fact that there is an abundance of doors that can be open with this quote. First,there is the question of why we are all different,from that, there is a number of branches like for instance, maybe we can figure out why we listen to certain types of music amongst other areas. Everybody listens to music; well most people and so this can raise a question of why people listen to different types of music. There are so many avenues to which we can channel this question into. There is life in general, i am certain that lots of question rise when we think of life. Like when things get abysmal and awful,people tend to start being more insightful "why is this happening to me or why is this person doing this to me" and the answer to that is you are either born with it or your not. Either have the nerve or you don't. This is the same thing as nature vs nurture.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 830 • Replies: 0
No top replies