Firefly

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:12 pm
Anyone remember that show called Firefly. It didn't get far for some reason. They didn't even make a whole season. I'm just wondering does anyone know why the show stopped. I have a hard time believing it wasn't a popular show.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,150 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:16 pm
@Classic Red,
Classic Red wrote:

Anyone remember that show called Firefly. It didn't get far for some reason. They didn't even make a whole season. I'm just wondering does anyone know why the show stopped. I have a hard time believing it wasn't a popular show.

One of the best shows ever. Why didn't it do better?

- Poor marketing by Fox in the first place, didn't explain the show well. It was promoted as an 'action-comedy.' It isn't an action-comedy at all.
- The Friday night time-slot is a killer. The young audience who would have liked the show were out partying instead.
- They showed the fourth episode of the series first, and the Pilot was shown fourth!

Fox killed what would have been the best sci-fi series on TV, bar none, through their stupid decisions. A true shame.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:23 pm
Networks do stupid things all the time. For money, ratings. If a show was a risk to begin with, if it doesn't kill the first few episodes, they may pull it. If there isn't advertiser support, they may kill it. And sometimes, they pull it for no reason any one can think of. I know one show in particular that had great ratings and a following and still got pulled. Why? Politics behind the scenes. Nothing would have kept the show on.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:44 pm
@Classic Red,
I think you can watch the whole series on Hulu, if you're in the U.S.

There's a feature film titled Serenity.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:46 pm
@DrewDad,
Just episodes 5-9 on Hulu right now.

They periodically change the available episodes, though, so the start of the series may come around again.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:54 pm
Netflix streaming has both Firefly the Complete Series and Serenity (the movie). I added the 2002 series to my queue and see that they've slotted Serenity (the 2005 movie) as episode one. Quirky.
0 Replies

Classic Red

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:59 pm
Who has the rights to the show now? Is there any chance that it may come back. or something like it. I saw the movie serenity and it was great.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:06 pm
@Classic Red,
I own the whole series on DVD. It was a great show. The movie Serenity (Based on the series) was also very good.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:30 pm
@Classic Red,
Classic Red wrote:
Is there any chance that it may come back. or something like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_media_franchise
0 Replies