Jesus age

Cregt

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:31 pm
How old was Jesus when Mary let him go? Or was Jesus taken from Mary?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,194 • Replies: 30

Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:35 pm
Your question doesn't make much sense. However, among the Jesus fairy tales is one to the effect that Joe and Mary missed him one day, went looking for him, and found him in the "temple" (synagogue?) where he was "teaching." When they upbraided him for having gone missing he is reputed to have asked them: "Don't you know that i must be about my father's business?"

Otherwise, any question which is predicated upon an assumption that the boy actually existed is itself questionable.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:37 pm
Jesus is the imaginary friend for grown ups.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:43 pm
@CalamityJane,
He existed cause I have one of his High SChool Pictures. It has a prayer on the back. I guess they did that in those days.

He looked a lot like a young Erol FLynn

ebrown p

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:44 pm
It is really obnoxious when Atheists proselytize this way. It is rare to see any other religion attack non-believers in such a mocking and offensive way.

Cregt

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
@Setanta,
What part does not make sense? The part were I'm asking How old Jesus was when he was let go by Mary or the other part? It has be told to me that Mary let Jesus go because its was the SACRIFICE she had to make. So if its true how old was Jesus when he was let go?
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
@farmerman,
You know how many Jesus (hesus) we have here in southern California?
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:50 pm
@CalamityJane,
See if they can walk across your swimmin pool. Then we talk.

I have THEE Hay Zeus high school picture.
Cregt

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:52 pm
@farmerman,
I ask a real question and you give me something that is not even useful!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:56 pm
@ebrown p,
Boy, it's really easy to push your buttons, even when i'm not trying. I'm an atheist, not an "Atheist." I'm not proselytizing, because i don't give a rat's ass what any of the rest of you do or don't believe. These are distinctions, of course, which you cannot understand, being fanatically devoted to the proposition that everyone is as hag-ridden by superstition as you are yourself.
Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:57 pm
@Cregt,
Just about all of it makes no sense. There is no reason to assume from the text of the "gospels" that Mary was in any position to "let go" or to "keep" the boy. I don't know who fed you that nonsense, but be certain not to part with any of your hard-earned cash to them.
0 Replies

Cregt

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:01 pm
@Setanta,
you didn't push my button! I'm not mad at all. I'm just trying to find out a answer to my question. I wanna see if Jesus walked away from Mary or if she really had to give him away. I think this answer should be kinda easy but so far i'm not getting a str8 answer.
Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:02 pm
@Cregt,
You need to pay more attention. The remark about pushing buttons was addressed to Brown, which you would have known if you had been paying attention. You're not getting a straight answer because the question is nonsensical, and has no basis in scripture.
Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
He looked a lot like a young Erol FLynn

I figured i'd better quote you so this kid will know i'm talking to you and not to him.

When i was a kid, if you let your hair grow long, people would ask you if you were posing for Jesus pictures.
0 Replies

Cregt

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:08 pm
@Setanta,
Wow OK no need to get rude! Lets re-word the question then Mary had to SACRIFICE having Jesus. SO IF you don't Know how Old Jesus was when Mary made her SACRIFICE of having Jesus around then don't answer! That easy! Mary let Jesus go on his own! At what age?
Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:15 pm
@Cregt,
So you consider it rude when someone points out that you're not paying attention? How very thin skinned.

You have several problems here. One is that you assume that Mary somehow possessed the boy Jesus, and had any control over where he went or what he did. By Jewish law, Joseph owned the boy--both Mary and Joshuah (which is what Jesus means, in case you didn't know) were his chattels. So the proposition that Mary made any kind of sacrifice is ludicrous. Just because some joker told you that doesn't make it so.

But you have a deeper problem here, and that is your apparent assumption that Jesus ever actually existed. He may have, but there's not a shred of proof for the contention. Two thousand years ago, Palestine was probably crawling with carpenters and/or rabbis named Joshuah.
Cregt

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:25 pm
@Setanta,
I know there is no shred of proof!!! OK so it was my fault that I wasn't paying attention to your answer to someone else! As far an calling a 35 year old a KID is rude! I don't care if Jesus is real or not! I do believe in a God! But on the other hand I asked this question because it was told to my Girlfriend the woman of my first and only child, by her Mother and Father (Catholic)! I want something to fight them with! and if no one can answer the question then I have the fight won! I don't believe Mary gave Jesus up But Jesus left when he wanted to when he was making his own Choices!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:27 pm
Have you considered anger management classes?
Cregt

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:30 pm
@Setanta,
lol yes and Like I told you I'm not mad at all lol I'm not wanting a fight fight but something I can get them to re-think what they say to their daughter! Before they just say the things that are so Strong and hurt so much! I promise I'm not mad and I will not fight with my hands but with my words!
Philis

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:03 am
@Cregt,
totally off topic personalities posting here, I guess they are bored Shocked
when Mary let Jesus go Question
She never really let Jesus "go"... he just had to go to do Gods will. His ministry was for 3 years and he was crucified at age 33. However, Mary was around Jesus very often, I guess you could say they stayed in touch.