My ex moved n hasnt given me his address

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 08:19 pm
My ex hasn't given me his new address...
My ex recently moved. He told me months ago how he was planning on moving, nd how he was intending to buy a house. So far he hasn't given me his address, even though a few weeks ago he mentioned how he needed to give me and the courts his address, but how he still had time. Our court order for visitation on our daughter says he is suppose to give me and the courts 60 days notice before moving, but if he doesn't know about it, then he needs to inform us 5 days before he intends to move. The last weekend my daughter spent at his house (she goes 1,3, and 5 weekends) she said they are in his new house. The month of July she will be with him all month. I've asked him a few times for the address, and emailed him last week, but haven't heard back.
Do I let her go back without knowing where shes going to be? Can I do anything? Any ideas on what I should do? Someone told me to notify my lawyer and the courts, and that I dont have to let her go over until we have his address.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,375 • Replies: 11
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by alcmommy
RealEyes

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 08:58 pm
@alcmommy,
If it seems like a liability, by all means, show resistance. If he counters with lawyers, that's perfectly fine, then the ball has moved to the courts and it can be settled there.

This is purely up to your discretion though. It really depends on what kind of a person he is. Communicating to him how you feel is always the best first move.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 09:26 pm
@alcmommy,
alcmommy wrote:

The last weekend my daughter spent at his house (she goes 1,3, and 5 weekends) she said they are in his new house. The month of July she will be with him all month. I've asked him a few times for the address, and emailed him last week, but haven't heard back.
Do I let her go back without knowing where shes going to be?

Hell no.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 09:45 pm
@alcmommy,
Don't even think about sending your daughter to an unknown address. Not for a day; certainly not for a month.

If he want's to address this in court, that will be an excellent opportunity for him to dig up an address.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:03 pm
@alcmommy,
alcmommy wrote:

My ex recently moved. He told me months ago how he was planning on moving, nd how he was intending to buy a house. So far he hasn't given me his address, even though a few weeks ago he mentioned how he needed to give me and the courts his address, but how he still had time. Our court order for visitation on our daughter says he is suppose to give me and the courts 60 days notice before moving, but if he doesn't know about it, then he needs to inform us 5 days before he intends to move. The last weekend my daughter spent at his house (she goes 1,3, and 5 weekends) she said they are in his new house. The month of July she will be with him all month. I've asked him a few times for the address, and emailed him last week, but haven't heard back.
Do I let her go back without knowing where shes going to be? Can I do anything? Any ideas on what I should do? Someone told me to notify my lawyer and the courts, and that I dont have to let her go over until we have his address.....
Contact your lawyer immediately, and don't even think about sending your child to the unknown. I'd tell your lawyer to Subpoena the Loan Application for his house as well; as the claimed "Income" on that application will almost often help you in that debate as well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:07 pm
@alcmommy,
alcmommy wrote:
Do I let her go back without knowing where shes going to be?

No.

Honestly, I can't believe you'd have to ask this question.
alcmommy

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 01:26 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't want to be held in contempt of court, which is why I asked. That way I dont bother my lawyer with things that she cant do anything about. Now I know I have rights to deny him until he follows the order, nd I know what to do about it.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 01:27 pm
@alcmommy,
Please call your attorney for advice about contempt of court.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 07:11 pm
@alcmommy,
You need to have your back clear.

Show that you with all means possible have tryed to get a legal adress from your X, thus you can't be blamed for anything, and all fault lies on his side, further show evidence of your good intend to deliver the child to her father.

Then it is up to him to take contact to you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 07:22 pm
@alcmommy,
This is precisely the sort of thing that you do need to involve your lawyer with.
0 Replies

alcmommy

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:58 pm
Thought I'd tell you what the TX visitation and access hotline told me. Even if he doesnt give me his address I still have to let her go. Until I go to court and get a modification....
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:29 pm
@alcmommy,
alcmommy wrote:

Thought I'd tell you what the TX visitation and access hotline told me. Even if he doesnt give me his address I still have to let her go. Until I go to court and get a modification....
I don't know Texas Law, but I tend to doubt that. Call your lawyer already. I would be VERY surprised to learn Texas doesn't enforce their Court Orders, and you told us that he is required to disclose his address according to your Order. This means he is already in contempt of court, and I doubt any court would sanction you for insisting you know where your child is going to be staying before the exchange. It will probably take your lawyer all of .2 hours to get this information from his lawyer, and your problem will be solved. Call your lawyer.
0 Replies