Can Any Two Things Be Identical???

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 10:25 am
@anthony arthur,
I agree with your theory/thesis. "Occupy the same space" is meaningless diversion.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 11:18 am
@mark noble,
I thought what you're asking is largely a philosophical rather than a scientific question.
If one define identical as a thing that can occupy the same position in spacetime simultaneously, then the answer is simply no.

My jestful example with the furniture example was to show you if you can distinguish between one vs two or three or four, then they are not identical.But on a serious note, my example also questions the validity of conceptually things, and can they be identical? Can concepts deal with fiction as well as being a "placeholder" so to speak?
imans

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 12:21 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Imans, not to appear to be intentionally rude, but wtf are you discussing here?

oh bc it has to b a discussion??? since when posting on forums mean discussions only bc u like to pretend having an audience that reply to ur preachings with a mic doesnt mean that philosophical posts have suddenly becoming an open debate of multiple minds pretending to b one

im discussing how to **** u in real life moron
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 06:50 am
@aspvenom,
I do appreciate humour ASP. My problem is, I tend to read through all subsequent posts to mine before replying to those of interest. This IMAMS guy followed you and stole my sense of humour.

And he's done it again on another thread......... moments ago.
Will block him and respond when my brain recovers.
0 Replies

Seremonia

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 10:18 pm
Can Any Two Things Be Identical?

No, At least there is one different thing on both that maybe considered identical, it's:

- The position of both are different, otherwise we won't assert "both" (two things).
- If we consider two things are identical ABSOLUTELY, then yes there is, by pointing to something itself rather than pointing to the two things at different location (in any possible means).
imans

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 09:24 am
@Seremonia,
the question can 2 things b identical in truth terms it become can one thing b true

the answer is in the question right, one exist but never a thing, if one thing exist it is its perspective
but the thing so the object cannot repeat itself to b true as constant fact, so a thing is always relative to smthg else reality that wether it realize it or it is positively more alike, so always relative to superiority wether relative superiority or absolute superiority of what realize it so kind of its reason to b

but also what is definitely always relative is never one

then two relative things are never identical, the relative character necessitate a multiplication of different reasons and sources of being resourced

while what can stand without being a thing could b someone able to realize smthg so that kind of one can b true in the relative sense to itself so it can perceive identical ones kind like him, that is how friends exist when it is true and in forms people that stay together from birth or from constant share of surroundings become like a family only from what their conscious freedom mean the kind of same perspectives ends
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 03:12 pm
@aspvenom,
In that case "identical" means literally the same, one not two. That's how I use the term. Nevertheless two things might be formally the same but not actually identical: two pennies, for example, are distinct objects but formally the same (insofar as they differ from dimes and nickels and "foreign coins).
0 Replies

G H

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 09:57 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Can you think of any two things that are identical to one another in every way?

Concrete entities? Remove their different locations in space/time, then conceive an explanation for how they are still two distinct individuals despite also eliminating all other properties/features/actions/measurements that would distinguish them as two.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 06:44 am
Concrete entities?
Does anyone understand the difference between similarity (Sameness) and 'Identicality' (Absolute lack of difference in any form, fashion or manner'? Please, and I am not patronising anyone, READ the frikkin OP and try not to alter its terminology, hence diverging from its source.

Smile
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 09:12 am
@mark noble,
I think he intended to be ironic, I might be wrong...
0 Replies

imans

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 11:29 am
that is how zero exist, zero equal zero absolutely always truly, it is the identity that truth do and that is how out from zero freedom is relative superiority resolved in terms of infinite superiority ends that led to object existence fact
in present reality life end as free true one identity

the whole issue of existence is about the end life being evil one as not really true so liar identity of one life

bc only zero is identical anyhow, and anytime, as only truth realize objective persent as zero positive reality present freedom ends

this is i guess the point that prove at the end the superiority of truth on lies whatever liars are one life and truth is not even recognized existin right

as really and truly only truth is objective so exist and true identity is then only the zero freedom which is the superiority reference to point the constant object positive value rights out of nothing but free
0 Replies

alan scott

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2020 10:43 am
@qtvali,
according to current theory, their is an anti-matter / anti-energy equivalent to every particle, if I'm interpreting the theory correctly. So, right now, our opposites are doing a mirror image of us. Sounds tin foil, doesn't it?
mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 10:59 am
@alan scott,
'Current-theory' is bollux. Based on the law (Whatever that means) That every action has an equal and opposite reaction (Newtons 3rd 'law' of dynamics) - Let my explain - If a 5 mile wide asteroid, slams into the Earth at 100,000mph - The force of the impact is displaced evenly - over the mass of the object it strikes (Earth). Said force is then absorbed by said mass and distributed, evenly across the 'impact' field.
All life is extinguished and the Earths' water is boiled away.

So - How is any of the destruction - The 'Opposite' of a big, fast rock?
The 'opposite' of a big, fast rock - is a small, slow not-rock.

Have a lovely Day
0 Replies