Logical explanation: why a god must exist

tenderfoot

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 07:40 pm
Question -- If there is time in space ( as we know it on earth ) why do we measure the distances in space by the speed of light and how many of our years it take to get to our planet.... Perhaps it's because time is only any dam good on our planet to humans.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 08:08 pm
@tenderfoot,
How we measure and quantify time is limited to Earth, time itself exists everywhere, for if it didnt, you could suggest one could live forever in space.

Of course correct me if I am wrong, for I am no scientist
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 08:20 pm
@Smileyrius,
Your Logic is flawed I´m afraid..."forever" has no meaning out of time, less alone "exist"...so I fail to see how something like that could be suggested by all means...then again...as Time is simply the measure of movement your first half seams to make sense, at least in a phenomenological perspective...(which is the one we are qualified to deal with...)
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 09:13 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
It seems you are right Smile I appreciate your correcting my error. I always assumed time was used to but not limited to the measure of movement. Help me understand further, is something that does not move not subject to the passing of time?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 11:56 pm
What else would you imagine Time to be?
Smileyrius

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 04:21 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I always had Time down as either an unstoppable continuum, or a new york magazine.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 07:37 am
@Smileyrius,
a continuum of what ?
Smileyrius

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 08:16 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
uhm, sequences? I actually hadnt realised how hard it is to define time, I have been humbled today.
Krumple

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 10:08 am
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
uhm, sequences? I actually hadnt realised how hard it is to define time, I have been humbled today.

I actually agree with your other statement even though "continuum" is not very specific.

I have a problem with the big bang theory in the sense when people say, it was the beginning of time and space. I have a problem with the idea that time began then. I don't see how you can move from prior to bb to after without time first existing. You can't just have a start of something without time being present. Time can't begin at the start of time, it contradicts itself. How can you even "move" towards time starting without there be something that allows for that moment to occur.

So I do not adhere to the concept of time beginning at the bb. But I think that time never had a beginning and will never have an end, not even if the universe ceases to exist time would continue on indefinitely.

I also don't ignore the fact of relativity where time and space are interconnected and one can effect the other. In fact I'll go on to say that I don't really think that matter effects time directly but instead that matter warps the space and that warping disrupts the linear movement of time so it is an illusion that time is being altered or changed, but in reality it is only the space that has changed. Just like the "bending" of light near black holes. The light is not being effected by the black hole, it is the space near the black hole that is being bent. The light is actually moving in a straight line however since the space is bent it gives the illusion that light is bending.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 11:50 am
@Krumple,
...maybe with all that you just mean there is no start for motion...which I agree since I don´t actually believe in infinite density where there is no "free" space at all...so eventually there was always movement going on even if extremely slow in the beginning...now indulge me, what else could this idea of yours concerning Time be about ?
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 11:13 pm
smileyrius
Just imagine you have a space ship that can travel at a million times the speed of light.... Then you take off for a trip of a billion years at a million times the speed of light... One thing you would discover is there is no end to your journey and what you left behind would long have disappeared and be en replaced by something else, if at all . And at no time wold you be affected by time, it doesn't exist in space.
Of course you can believe there is like the religiose do with their god and if that makes you happy.. so be it.
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 03:07 am
@tenderfoot,
I must have my wires crossed, I thought that time was relative to gravity, and so was merely slower in space, I had never known to not exist at all. You're the scientist.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 11:24 am
@tenderfoot,
Im not well educated. But I cant see the big fuss over 'Does time exist' Argument. Does a kilometer or a mile exist? Well nope. Not without a reference. Does a mile of that road exists? Yes. Same with time its a unit of mesurement. It takes 24 hours for the earth to rotate around its axis. In that instance time is the unit of mesure there fore it exists. Does my uneducated answer make any sense?
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 07:36 pm
Smileyrius
I'm no scientist either, but I can work it out that if you have to have something to measure time then when you are in space without mechanism to do so it can't exist. A child when born ages until it dies of old age, he then is the mechanism for measurement of time .... Even carbon dating is still only a way to "measure" time , it's just enables us to measure time in the past,but not the future and only on earth. So by my calculation it can't exist.
Cyracuz

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 09:54 pm
@tenderfoot,
Quote:
A child when born ages until it dies of old age, he then is the mechanism for measurement of time

Seems kind of backward if you ask me. He is not the mechanism for measurement of time. Time is the mechanism for measurement of him.

0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 10:46 pm
Cyracuz.
I was thinking the min he's born he has no age, when he dies he's say 75 and he will sure know it..... so it's not time it's his measurment for such
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 11:15 pm
@tenderfoot,
Yes...Time is just a measurement of action...we usually don't get it because even if we are like doing "nothing" we still notice time go on, but this is not accurate, given in fact we are always at something...
...but just imagine if everything would indeed stop down...what would be made of Time then?
0 Replies

windy34

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 01:49 pm
@Johnny Fresh,
If God has always existed cannot it be possible that the earth has always existed. Something can exist without nothing creating it. God exists without someone creating him, so why not the earth? And if the earth has not always existed, and something or someone created it at a certain period how do you know what created it since you were not there to see it.? The argument is not proof for God's existence. All the argument shows is speculation based on the way it looks like it happened. Proof is too strong a word for this argument. Proof means you saw something, and connected the two events together. You didn't see God create the universe, so all you have is speculation as to how it was done.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:12 pm
@windy34,
...sometimes when one implies something always existed it does not entirely mean that such something as a phenomena did n´t had a beginning...rather that its existence was always a potential a possibility before it came to be...the alignment of information concerning its existence it was always possible...
windy34

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 03:11 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
The alignment of information concerning its existence cannot always be possible if is just a possibility. It is a maybe.